Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is the most dynamic life-like game world?  (Read 4789 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most dynamic life-like game world?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:05 pm »

DF is good. Especially adventure mode. No dwarf like includes that.

So in the end, distant worlds, x3, ck2 and cataclysm are my main choices. They match closely to what I'm looking for.

Does unreal world fit at all?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:52:55 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 01:03:54 am »

If I remember correctly, Shenmue was advertised as having AI that carried on their daily lives independent of you but responsive to you and your actions. It was for my beloved Dreamcast console.

Another one is Animal Crossing which qualifies only if you are on acid or another hallucinogen. Seriously though, while a bit stiff, the characters lead lives on their own and pursue relationships with you and each other, have their own hobbies and interests. I am including it only to expand the boundaries of this list, beyond the very narrow candidates that will be repeatedly offered, Oblivion, Stalker, Distant Worlds, DF.

Edit: Oh, and I might as well throw in a shameless plug. My own upcoming game, Arms Dealer, has a lifelike world where nations, other arms dealers and law enforcement all act on their own, interact with each other, pursue goals independent and dynamically affected by you, the player. -Shameless plug over.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:07:00 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 01:11:30 am »

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Btw , I'm up to trying text based (like MUDs) games , if they offer anything similar. I prefer single player, but I think most MUDs are online only.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 11:52:01 am »

This topic is in my interests.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 04:15:40 pm »

Unreal World sort of fits, it definitely seems to be heading in that direction. It's a fun survival sim, and the wildlife is pretty dynamic - herds moving around and such. I think the predators attack prey animals now too. But the village AI isn't really there yet. They just kind of roam around and don't do a whole lot quite yet. The AI has been steadily improving, though - the next update makes the previously always hostile Njerpez raiders have options of running or avoiding you instead of suicidal rushing you.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 04:52:10 pm »

*raises finger*

... sim earth?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »

Dwarf Fortress? :P

actually ya. I cant think of too many other games where people REALLY do their own damn thing if you dont tell them too.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 05:58:32 pm »

Good suggestions in here.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 [2]