Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.08 Released  (Read 26166 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.08 Released
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 04:46:17 pm »

I didn't even see .07, that was so fast.

lucas95

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 04:46:33 pm »

I hope you get a lot of sex this week, you know?

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 04:57:01 pm »

Thank you, Toady! Those unknown material walls were very sinister.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 05:11:58 pm »

Woohoo! Invasion fix!

This is the best.
(*) Added new labors for hauling trade goods, pulling levers, removing constructions and hauling water

So you can toggle these on and off now?  Whoa cool.
These are from .07.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 07:31:47 pm »

Thank you Toady!

Can you have a look at why In Adventure mode it's not possible to breathe right beneath an sewer grate (swimming in from an river) unless the Iron grate is 2 steps above? Some underwater areas are unnaccesible due to this. The workaround is obviously to be undead but that goes a bit against my rpg views. Bug 5576

I've got the feeling that monsters are hitting a bit too hard , will spend some time when I can to check that out and report if that is the case. Will have to compare with older version as well.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 07:36:28 pm »

Toady, I have a question. With the new water hauling labor, does that include bringing water to the sick/imprisoned? That would be magnificent.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 08:10:24 pm »

So nobles and children won't even tear things down now?

Magma chambers will be built.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »

Toady, I have a question. With the new water hauling labor, does that include bringing water to the sick/imprisoned? That would be magnificent.

The related bugs on the bug tracker are still open, so nope! Your prisoners and patients are still going to die of thirst.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2606

The game appears to be counting down from 2000 to 0 (a bit over an in-game day) and when it reaches zero, it tries to find a dwarf to feed/water the patient/prisoner AND resets the countdown even if no-one took the job. At least that is what the problem looked like in 0.34.11

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 08:44:04 pm »

The related bugs on the bug tracker are still open, so nope! Your prisoners and patients are still going to die of thirst.

The game appears to be counting down from 2000 to 0 (a bit over an in-game day) and when it reaches zero, it tries to find a dwarf to feed/water the patient/prisoner AND resets the countdown even if no-one took the job. At least that is what the problem looked like in 0.34.11

Hmmmm. If the new labor is in any way related to watering patients, then it would at least make it easier to designate a dwarf to do nothing but. Darn, though. I got all excited.   ;D
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Daonitre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 01:43:33 am »

Hmmmm. If the new labor is in any way related to watering patients, then it would at least make it easier to designate a dwarf to do nothing but. Darn, though. I got all excited.   ;D
Never seen that bug myself, and I've been playing since then so I'm not sure what I'm doing different. Just yesterday a dwarf child got himself caught in a cage trap (fell asleep on it in the outdoor statue garden) and he sat in the cage for at least a few months before the elves donated some wildlife for slaughter. I was going through the cages and noticed him.
As for the changes - AWESOME. I think the new version is stable enough for me to start streaming again (only once or twice a week but really long sessions). Still debating the idea of dropping it on Youtube. /shrug.

You're getting a donation as soon as my next check comes through!
Me:"Say, you don't know where the Titan is, do?"
"In the early spring of 125, he died after colliding with an obstacle."

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:42 am »

Wtf, awesome! Thank you very much.

I need to donate something to you guys! :-*
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 12:33:16 pm »

...Am I missing something? Watering prisoners and patients has always been a labour since the hospital was introduced, it's just under the healthcare category. I always have one 'nurse' dwarf and one 'warden' dwarf who have their rooms right next to the prison/hospital and are burrowed if necessary.

EDIT: Nvm, I read the bug report, nasty.
You can, ofcourse, if looking for workarounds, just set up a channel underneath the prison, and let dwarves onto access via grates if you don't feel like creating wells everywhere.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:36:51 pm by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 04:11:13 pm »

Can you have a look at why In Adventure mode it's not possible to breathe right beneath an sewer grate (swimming in from an river) unless the Iron grate is 2 steps above? Some underwater areas are unnaccesible due to this. The workaround is obviously to be undead but that goes a bit against my rpg views. Bug 5576

Links are better than ID numbers. 

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 10:57:27 pm »

Thanls Footkerchief. I thought I had tried to put up the link but seems I forgot to.
:)

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 01:28:04 am »

Invasion works again!

Took a 40.05 fortress and copied all the relevant files in 40.08.

Killed the gray parrots to avoid the flyer problem and then.. 2 ambush in like 2 weeks!

8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3