Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wanting to combine spacefox and obsidian soul for my own use, need help  (Read 2345 times)

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically I wanted to swap a few tiles from obsidian and a few others into spacefox and everything was working fine BUT I really want to add grass and make the grass alternate tiles (move in the wind) like it does for obsidian soul. After tinkering for awhile I somehow got it to kinda work but one is very light and one is very dark which almost causes me to have a seizure when it alternates. Could someone highlight on a tileset the ones I need to swap out exactly and are there 2 or 3 different tiles for the grass.
Also final question what did obsidian soul modify as far as init files or whatever to actually make it do this action with the grass alternating tiles, I've dumped hours into this at this point. Thanks for the help.

Doren

• Bay Watcher
  • On closer inspection, that dog is a dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Wanting to combine spacefox and obsidian soul for my own use, need help
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:27:22 am »

Grass tiles and alternating goes from raws, not inits.
Flashing is caused by wrong tile choice. Different tilesets use different tile arranges, so you have to edit raws when you come to merging.
It is inevitable.

And i wonder why would someone combine cartoon and grimdark tilesets? They are too different i think

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Wanting to combine spacefox and obsidian soul for my own use, need help
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 05:15:31 am »

flashing is not caused by wrong tiles. its ALT_TILE that obsidian grasses use, with a FREQUENCY on it, to simulate animated grass blowing in the wind. Like Nicolas Cages hair in Con Air.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::