Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Dathateyo: 'The Ageless World' (0.40.16 Succession Game) - More Players Welcome!  (Read 45345 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Dathateyo: 'The Ageless World' (0.40.12 Succession Game)
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2014, 06:39:07 pm »

It's looking like no update tonight.  :'(

You all should know, somebody left the drawbridge up. Or down... whichever way it works with our weird fort. What FUN!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2014, 06:45:11 pm »

Well, I'm new here, thought I'd start reading this succession game! I'd ask to be dorfed, but it really does look like he wouldn't be very long-lived... What !!FUN!!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dathateyo: 'The Ageless World' (0.40.12 Succession Game) (work in progress)
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2014, 02:06:03 pm »

(Note- As new overseer, I will probably be highlighting the supposed failures of previous overseers in order to further my own image. It's all in-character, you guys are great).

1st Slate, 260

Dearest Diary,

It is in times of strife and conflict that the greatest philosophies, greatest technologies, and most of all the greatest leaders arise.

The dwarves have asked me, Sodel Ochrehonor, to step in as dictator of Pagetower... a very wise decision if I do say so myself.

And honestly, I do.

I am not like other overseers, diary, for I understand the plight of the common dwarf. For years, I too have strained under the oppressive weight of incompetent leaders. It was I who toiled endlessly in the masonry shops, slaving over the table night and day to produce the mandated quotas of cheap kitsch for the traders to hawk.

Yet my skill with masonry is legendary, paralleled by none. I received much praise for a magnificent desk I recently completely, an artifact which then-overseer Melek wrongly dismissed as "yet another goddamn table"

I will not punish him for the insult, for I respect what he has done for the fortress. Now, I have important duties to attend to.

-Sodel Ochrehonor
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:34:45 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »

If anyone wants dorfed, just notify me. 'Melek' (Deus' character) is the only living player atm.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »

Well, if ya have any free mechanics or mining-trained military, sign me up.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2014, 01:30:04 pm »

Please dorf me as the current youngest male baby/child.  It's always fun to see others have to deal with the "challenges" of keeping named children alive and uncaptured.  (Of course, named children taken by goblins that happen to also come back a few years later with a force of darkness at thier heels is ALSO fun...)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Northstar1989

• Bay Watcher
  • It is not death a man should fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2014, 09:16:28 pm »

This thread needs some music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDL6HNjZvxk

Just thought I'd spice things up a little bit...

I hope your update is soon Dr McTaalik.  You've got as long as you still need, but I'm still hoping to hear of the progress soon!

Also, does anyone else want to be added to the list of players?  If we can't find any veterans who want in, I'm willing to open this up to a couple new players...

- Northstar
There once was a dream that was Rome...

Dathateyo, SDQR- (for the) Senate Dwarves Quo Romanus!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2014, 09:22:26 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0

This may also be appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:29:55 pm by Taupe »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2014, 04:25:10 pm »

While I guarantee that giving me control of the fort itself is a bad idea, I'm currently playing Adventure mode for the long haul, and could start posting the latest, if that would help the thread along?
Muh FG--OOC Thread

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2014, 06:13:10 pm »

While I guarantee that giving me control of the fort itself is a bad idea, I'm currently playing Adventure mode for the long haul, and could start posting the latest, if that would help the thread along?

Sure.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2014, 08:09:38 pm »

Right. {This is in a different world, I'm not playing with your save.}

The Adventures of Dosheb Mithalomoth Speaktombs the Explorer, part one; Events up till now.

Dosheb is a human Lasher with very low empathy, I'm not going to bother copying out his full stats.

I started in a small town full of dead goblins and what appeared to be friendly bandits, but turned out to be the nomads of the Contained Group, the leader of which I was in service to as a lieutenant. After recruiting the three most useful-looking, Ngahen Yorestraps the Hammerman, Ted Gripweakness the Swordsman, and Thrun Musicalclap the Archer, I noticed a surviving goblin fishery worker, Usbu Burndungeons, running away, chased him down, and killed him. When I returned to the group I found that he had attacked Ted and the leader, and traded for gear with my compatriots before leaving with my newly recruited three.

After a number of escapades, I decided on a mission to complete and headed in the correct direction, only to find that I needed to travel around a large body of water to reach it. In the process of doing so I was assaulted by two named alligators, Stirrises and another whose name the game didn't record, in the middle of the dry savanna, and killed them by backing away while throwing arrows at them until they gave in to pain, then whipping their skulls in. I returned to my companions to find that they had slain Thrun and injured Ngahen, leaving him with one hand missing and a badly bruised upper spine, causing him to have difficulty standing, before chasing after me.

I traveled for a while before finding a number of goblin Dark Pits in my path, forcing me to come out of fast-travel mode and sneak around the outskirts in the normal walk system, a process that, while likely hazardous, I managed without a single Goblin encounter.

After further travel, I found myself back in civilized human territory, and upon approaching the first village I came across, found myself pulled out of fast-travel by a "You feel uneasy" type ambush. Having assessed the situation, I found myself to be surrounded by human Crossbowmen and melee soldiers of various types. Fully expecting to die experience fun, I threw an arrow at the nearest Crossbowman, missed, and was charging at them wildly when the one I had just missed asked; "Is that a weapon? What's going on?" I was naturally confused, but put away my weapons and approached them more sedately, to find that they were non-hostile soldiers on some kind of "Important mission" that prevented them from joining my party. I accepted this, gave the Crossbowman a piece of lettuce, and went to walk into the village. It was at this point that they formed a wall around me, preventing me from moving quickly, and proceeded to follow me closely, the one I had initially "Greeted" nattering on alternately about his "Mission", my trading skill, and the alligators I had just told him about.

Managing to recruit one of the townsfolk, Azlez Ashringed the Axeman, to my cause, I moved on, the strange soldiers maintaining their wall until I passed town limits, at which point they departed, the Crossbowman, who had apparently decided I was his very best friend, making one final inquiry as to my recent trading exploits before leaving.

It is at this point that the narrative will begin.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Northstar1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2014, 05:12:33 am »

It seems to be a little late for this now, but I'd prefer if we kept this thread on-topic to Dathateyo and the fort.

Speaking of which, how's the update coming along Doctor?

Regards,
Northstar

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2014, 12:38:08 pm »

Alright.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2014, 07:42:57 pm »

It seems to be a little late for this now, but I'd prefer if we kept this thread on-topic to Dathateyo and the fort.

Speaking of which, how's the update coming along Doctor?

Regards,
Northstar

Here's the save for the next player. I still have to finish my year summary, though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:59:28 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Northstar1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2014, 12:25:57 am »

Here's the save for the next player. I still have to finish my year summary, though.

And I believe that next player would be... Shadow of Fate!

Are you ready to take your turn yet man?

Regards,
Northstar

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24