Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Dathateyo: 'The Ageless World' (0.40.16 Succession Game) - More Players Welcome!  (Read 45473 times)

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile

I'll take a turn if there's still a slot, just gotta catch up first.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

This fort is basically dead, or in other words, take all of the turns, nobody'll stop ya, and anyone who notices will probably give you encouragement.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile

Got loads of homework at the moment, but dependent on that and when my Bloodlines of the Forii turn comes up I may pick it up Wednesday arvo
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

Northstar1989

• Bay Watcher
  • It is not death a man should fear
    • View Profile

Dathateyo- perhaps the only succession fort to ever grow huge, enormously productive, recover from several disasters, and then just be retired through sheer freaking boredom...

I eventually abandoned the world it was in due to changes in how civs are handled in world gen with the latest updates.  So I can think we can all safely conclude this fort is retired now.

Mistakes:

- Not delegating enough responsibility early enough: leading to an overburdened host (me)

- Allowing players to do whatever they pleased.  As a result, every overseer went off on their own random agenda, leading to a sprawling fort that looked like it was built by somebody with Multiple Personality Disorder  (this is why I ultimately stopped playing turns to keep the fort going- I found the immense scale and lack of focus in the fort too overwhelming and demoralizing to try and manage)

- In going with #2, a lack of a clear "theme" or goals.  Conquering hell, for instance- or building an open-source fort up to the clouds (where I kind of envisioned the fort going, but was too late in advocating)

- Not having a clear emergency plan or contingency plans.  This lead to the fort nearly collapsing on several occasions, only being saved by its high walls, sheer size (as much as I hated it), relative autarky, and sheer determination...

Anyways, lessons learned.  Maybe I'll do another succession fort soon.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:20:50 pm by Northstar1989 »
There once was a dream that was Rome...

Dathateyo, SDQR- (for the) Senate Dwarves Quo Romanus!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]