Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: dfhack and workflow ... What does your workflow look like?  (Read 17785 times)

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dfhack and workflow ... What does your workflow look like?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 01:09:45 pm »

I use DFHack, I'm just trying to figure out how to use workflow.
copy/paste into the DFhack window doesn't work.
Keying in all that stuff sounds terrible to me.

I have no idea how to use an external script, either. :(
(There are things I love about DF, but the idea that I wind up basically programming the thing is sort of nutty.)
wait, like, if you copy:
Code: [Select]
workflow count FOOD 200 50^that whole line and then hit enter, it doesn't work for you?

Do you have your jobs on repeat?  Workflow needs repeating jobs to work.

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 04:04:56 pm »

even dumber.... if i hit ctrl-v in the DFhack window, it doesn't paste!

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 11:38:59 am »

even dumber.... if i hit ctrl-v in the DFhack window, it doesn't paste!

Then I would suggest that you look at dfhack.init and see if Ctrl-V is bound to some action. Looking at the dfhack.init-example file, I see that ctrl-V is bound to digv which designates an entire mineral vein to be dug. Wouldn't be surprised if the same binding applies to you. So edit that file and comment or delete that line.

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 12:33:22 pm »

Sorry for being dense, but is there not a way to have dfhack run these commands through the init file?  Or at least to call an entire file from the dfhack command line?  Or must we copy and paste?

Also, something seems to be conflicting with my keybindings in the latest Masterwork DF distribution, such that keybindings like Alt-A for job details isn't working.  Is there a quick way to track down what's defining my keybindings?  Thanks!

Randy...

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »

Sorry for being dense, but is there not a way to have dfhack run these commands through the init file?  Or at least to call an entire file from the dfhack command line?  Or must we copy and paste?

Also, something seems to be conflicting with my keybindings in the latest Masterwork DF distribution, such that keybindings like Alt-A for job details isn't working.  Is there a quick way to track down what's defining my keybindings?  Thanks!
Not through the init file, but I think you can do it through a script, although I don't do it that way.  I usually copy and past as needed to reduce the amount of job cancellation spam I get.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 03:21:43 pm »

Unfortunately, the init file gets read and used when Dwarf Fortress starts, not when the Fortress is actually loaded. So you're limited to options and parameters that are generic and not associated with any single fortress. But you can use the 'script' command to load in dfhack parameters.

Create a file with the dfhack commands you want and place the file in the root directory where Dwarf Fortress resides. Then from the dfhack command prompt simply type:

script filename

where filename is of course the file name of the file you plopped into the directory. What I mean my the 'root directory' where Dwarf Fortress reside is the main directory. In my case, the directory name is 'df_linux' (I'm using the linux distribution) and among the files and directories in there are 'data', 'df', 'libs', 'raw', and others......

In fact when I'm gonna issues a lot of dfhack commands, I'll use the script command to do so. And for onesey, twosey type commands, I'll type them directly into the dfhack window.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 06:36:52 pm »

Has anyone gotten it to work with pottery? It recognizes TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT/CLAY  or TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT//CERAMIC_STONEWARE, but it always says "No jobs" even though I've got repeating jobs set up in my kilns and magma kilns.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:16 am »

If you have repeating jobs in your kilns and such, see about attempting to use the gui interface for workflow instead of the command line. If you get a "can not guess" error, then sorry, it won't work. But usually, you'll get a default item description that works properly for your limit.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2014, 04:28:23 pm »

Has anyone gotten it to work with pottery? It recognizes TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT/CLAY  or TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT//CERAMIC_STONEWARE, but it always says "No jobs" even though I've got repeating jobs set up in my kilns and magma kilns.

I have it working with:
Code: [Select]
workflow amount TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT/WOOD X Y

But not with ceramics.

Chief10

• Bay Watcher
  • since 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2014, 06:21:27 pm »

Speaking of SPAM and how it ruins the workflow tool.

Coming soon to a DF near you... (Windows only i'm afraid)

DFMon V0.0001.

A tool which replaces the mini alert bar and gives you an alternative alerts screen to look at. It also lets you see combat as it plays out rather than just from any one units perspective (of course this is very confusing for multiple simultaneous battles).

Anyway the real benefit comes when you set up custom filters to ignore certain spam. Basically you can shove whatever you like into the filter exceptions and no longer suffer spam from it, and you can make these filters as specific as you want. (for now only a single part of a text string such as "feed animal: No Path" but eventually things like "Web" + "Cancel" so you can have names in between,

I was inspired to make this by 10000s of web spam when I started up my forgotten beast silk farm.

Unfortunately I'm a c# Programmer so this is a Windows application at the moment and I've not had a chance to test how the UI looks without the aero interface yet! It is definately not linux or apple friendly though as I make use of Windows stuff to minimize/maximuse/resize windows/find df

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nice! Please let us know when it's complete, this sounds very useful.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 12:51:03 am »

Nice! Please let us know when it's complete, this sounds very useful.
It's been out for over a year...
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 2 [3]