Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Seduction rebalance  (Read 10318 times)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seduction rebalance
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 07:38:18 pm »

My Hangin' Judges started at 90%, so that 1/4 effect still needs to be added to the code.

I think that just leaves the problem of slaving liberals with one-night-stands.
Some sort of willpower/conviction stat to erode during the dating perhaps, but that's sorta what juice is.

Why would one seduce a Liberal, aside from "out of Persuade slots and cannot/will not Juice up or get more persuaders" or some sort of sexual-revolution challenge?

I'm not really sure why (given the infiltration hit, and the fact that most Liberals don't come Juiced) there'd be any benefit to seducing a Liberal anyway, so the fact that they come comparatively easily shouldn't be a problem, IMO.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 11:10:29 pm »

Its not so much the why would you do it, as how.

Perhaps instead of raising Heart, the dating should erode both Wisdom and Heart.
They'd still be useful with their position, intelligence, agility, strength and charisma, but would have no resistance left to outside influences.  (Heart protects against turning conservative, wisdom protects against turning liberal)

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 11:20:06 pm »

I'm still not 100% clear on what is being rebalanced and why. Are guitars op? What does that have to do with dating? You know you can also persuasion recruit people into sleeper positions now why isn't that a problem?

I think if a liberal goes in to a sleeper position with less effectiveness, then those turned liberal via music should suffer the same penalty. That seems to be the only problem here?

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 08:49:27 am »

Three things:
1) Love slave cap needs to be more clear - right now it just sounds like bad luck
2) Liberalized people from conservative-only jobs like Hangin' Judge or Agent need to start with low infiltration for balance.
3) The fact that you can enslave a strong person with a one-night-stand (after a surprise rock concert in their face) still bugs me.  (Doing it to society's dregs with only 1pt of wisdom/heart isn't so bad)  I'm not sure if it bugs anyone else however.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 01:42:52 pm »

Three things:
1) Love slave cap needs to be more clear - right now it just sounds like bad luck
2) Liberalized people from conservative-only jobs like Hangin' Judge or Agent need to start with low infiltration for balance.
3) The fact that you can enslave a strong person with a one-night-stand (after a surprise rock concert in their face) still bugs me.  (Doing it to society's dregs with only 1pt of wisdom/heart isn't so bad)  I'm not sure if it bugs anyone else however.

I'm not getting what is the problem with enslaving people through music. You first have to get musicians, sneak them into said place, and have them play music at heavily armed conservatives. If you can do that great, you deserve the free love slave. I personally don't prefer doing that since the risks and preparations far outweigh the benefits when I can instead just kidnap them on the date and enlighten them.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 01:45:51 pm »

You also have to be pretty highly trained to even have the guitars be reliably effective

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 07:32:30 pm »

I should clarify that my objection to the one night stand enslavement is purely cosmetic now, given the infiltration adjustment.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 07:52:43 pm »

Changes implemented:
- More explicit feedback when a date fails due to the seduction cap
- Less trivial to recruit high-Heart characters through seduction
- Stronger positive impact of successful dates on the heart/wisdom of Conservatives
- Former Conservatives converted with Rock'n'Roll have 50% reduced infiltration scores

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 09:24:38 pm »

I've spotted a bit of a problem there:

Conservatives now get wisdom decrease and heart increase.
Liberals shouldn't need effects, but I'm not sure why they wouldn't be affected.
... but moderates aren't affected at all, and they likely need to be affected.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 10:58:59 pm »

My intention was to restrict the stat changes to Conservatives, as a special bonus to reward the increased risk taken in trying to seduce them. But it would be bad if you could somehow get into a limbo state where the game is stringing you along without lowering the difficulty of the roll any, so I'll go ahead and add a lesser version for non-Conservatives that just reduces Wisdom.

jergen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 01:15:25 pm »

Looong time player, first time poster.

Do Actors, Fashion Designers etc. get at charisma bonus? So they can have more love slaves? (everyone loves actors/artists IRL.)
I always use actors and fashion desginers (sometimes socialites, if i find one with good stats) as pimps when i play.

And a big thank you to all who have made this the best game ever made!! (I have played LCS more than i have played Crusader Kings 2, and i play that alot....  8))

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 06:58:38 pm »

Actors do (though they don't start with seduction skill necessarily), but Fashion Designers do not get bonus Charisma. Do you think they should?

Hmm. I wonder if the seduction cap should be straight based on Charisma?

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 07:22:47 pm »

Psychology skill could help some.
It may be worth putting in a bonus/penalty for what you're wearing on the date.

In regards to melting the conservatives, should that be changed to an LCSrandom(2) change instead of a fixed 1?  Modifying both stats a full point each time will make the dates twice as fast as they used to be.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 10:51:51 pm »

I took the bonus for the enemy's Heart stat out of the equation, which has the side effect of resolving the insta-convert from Rock'n'Roll.

jergen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 02:50:28 am »

Actors do (though they don't start with seduction skill necessarily), but Fashion Designers do not get bonus Charisma. Do you think they should?

Hmm. I wonder if the seduction cap should be straight based on Charisma?

Maybe, saw a fashion show on the tv and everyone at that show kinda worshiped the Designers that made the clothes (Models, reporters and regular people they talked to)
But i guess that could be because of their high Tailoring skill (since they talked about the clothes they designed. But they were all like "omg his/her dresses are amazing, that dude/dudette is a genius")
Could Models be added to the game? (high charisma & seduction +bonus, and low on everything else)

Psychology skill could help some.
It may be worth putting in a bonus/penalty for what you're wearing on the date.

If Psychology means the art of manipulation, then yes (Let's say you have someone with 10+ in both Seduction and Psychology, they get 1 extra love slave (not sure how the new love slave cap works, not played since the changes))
Think Ted Bundy... batshit insane, extremely high Seduction & Psychology (and Persuasion & Law, he was his own lawyer in court)
Even though he was a monster, the ladies would still die for him and/or marry him. (not saying every women would, but alot of them did)

And about the bonus/penalty for clothes is also a good idea.
Expensive Suit/dress should give a bonus to Persuasion/Seduction (maybe Law/Business too. Maybe a penalty when talking to Hippies (Hippies hate corporate CEOs with fancy clothes)) Expensive clothes = successful person (in most cases)
And maybe a Police Uniform should give a bonus to Persuasion/Psychology etc.

Another crazy idea would be the ability to bust out those serialkillers and mass murderers you read about in the newspaper and let them join the LCS. Imagine having a squad of Dahmer, Gein, Bundy, Fish etc.  8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4