Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Seduction rebalance  (Read 10320 times)

Neon Green

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seduction rebalance
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2014, 02:12:14 pm »

Fishing for dates is currently obnoxiously time consuming, yet inevitably successful. Adding a sexuality requirement would only make this worse.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 02:28:48 pm »

I always preferred the "everyone is bi" solution to sexuality in games.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2014, 02:40:17 pm »

It does have simplicity going for it, and it's a bit amusing.
(Also it should totally be the case in a Liberal utopia.  The Conservatives were just brainwashing/scaring people into be hetero!)

Seduction ought to be more dangerous when the sexuality law is C or C+ though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 09:46:12 am »

Seduction ought to be more dangerous when the sexuality law is C or C+ though.

It is in the Terra Vitae mod.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »

Firstly calling a transgender person a transvestite is offensive. You can look up the definition (It is a technical term I guess) if you want, but what dictionary.com says isn't as important as how people feel. Language is fluid and words have meanings and connotations that are more complicated than is convenient. And yeah, maybe some people are offended by the word potato, but that doesn't give you logical justification to say the n-word.

Then going so far as defining a hypothetical trans woman as "Liberal gender female, actual gender male"...

I really appreciate your concern, you genuinely seem to want to learn what I am talking aboot so you can be a better person. So I'm just going to simply say that stating a person's gender identity as not their 'actual gender' is extremely hurtful. The very concept of an 'actual gender' (gender assigned at birth) is hugely transphobic and limiting.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2014, 10:46:08 pm »

This game is not intended to be realistic

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 01:57:28 am »

This game is not intended to be realistic

You're telling me that my badass founder can't dodge rifle fire from the Navy SEAL Team 6 a metre away from him?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2014, 10:47:55 am »

I don't even mean that this game ignores reality if it's cool to do so, I mean like, this game is fundamentally not supposed to represent the real world. It's supposed to be the insane world that groups like Weather Underground believed in. So that's why everyone is actually bisexual and genders mean nothing in LCS.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:49:27 am by Leafsnail »

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »

Firstly calling a transgender person a transvestite is offensive. You can look up the definition (It is a technical term I guess) if you want, but what dictionary.com says isn't as important as how people feel. Language is fluid and words have meanings and connotations that are more complicated than is convenient. And yeah, maybe some people are offended by the word potato, but that doesn't give you logical justification to say the n-word.

Then going so far as defining a hypothetical trans woman as "Liberal gender female, actual gender male"...

I really appreciate your concern, you genuinely seem to want to learn what I am talking aboot so you can be a better person. So I'm just going to simply say that stating a person's gender identity as not their 'actual gender' is extremely hurtful. The very concept of an 'actual gender' (gender assigned at birth) is hugely transphobic and limiting.

First : Sorry, that my post triggered a weeks long outrage, it were just suggestions for a game.

Second : I DID mean tranvestite. When talking about Transgender/Transexuell, I think of someone who has his gender permanently changed by hormones and surgeries, while a Transvestite is just a man, whoe dresses and behaves like a woman, without any permanent chages (for a show,disguise, fetish etc.). The "Assign Liberal Gender" options seems to refer more to disguise than to actual transexuelity (you can chage the gender every day if you like), so I think transvestite is more apropriate. Also consider the political implication, If your founder could assign others their gender, he would be in the same tier as the Ex-Gay movement.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]