Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "You've spotted a giant cave spider!" around a night troll's lair!?  (Read 979 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got the message when attacking a night troll. And there doesn't seem to be any GCS. After a few turns, I got the message "The giant cave spider sprung from ambush!". After a while, the game lagged horribly. I could only take a step every a few seconds. But I persisted to continue the fight with the night troll. After a while, though, I got another message "You've spotted a giant cave spider!"
(.34)
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: "You've spotted a giant cave spider!" around a night troll's lair!?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:15:14 am »

Is the night troll in a cave? If so, the GCS is probably a few levels below you.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 02:00:41 am »

The lair is a small isolated mound, but isn't a cave. It's interior is simply that of a normal lair. I got that message when I was on the empty field in front of the lair.

There's another strange occurrance. Before I fought the night troll, I fought two werecreatures whose lairs are next to each other. After I killed the first peasant (above ground), the second one somehow managed to come out of his lair and ran to me. After my copper spear fractured his leg, he gave in to pain! Out of curiosity, I strangled him, and he passed out! I thought werecreature neither  feels pain nor needs to breath.

The night troll's lair, and the two lairs of werecreature, are adjacent one by one. The last time I encountered such terrain, the game also lagged horribly. I should avoid such place in future.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:09:06 am by §k »
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 03:13:32 am »

There seems to be a cave north to the lair indeed. I haven't seen the actual cave, but already saw a few reptilmen's skeletons, xblack-cap spearxs, xtower-cap blowgunxs, pond grabber leather, scattered along the screen edge. Now my adventurer is arduously advancing away from the warped gravity field created by adjacent cave and lairs.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 05:48:01 am »

I thought werecreature neither  feels pain nor needs to breath.

Only in were-creature form I believe.  In humanoid form, they're as squishy as anything else, and need the same thing as normal, i.e. breathing, food, sleep, etc.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.