Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Twin King (OOC)  (Read 33164 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Fire Emblem on Forums: Twin King (OOC)
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:11:39 am »

Fire Emblem: Twin King
A continent of the plains and the desert winds. Across the sands trudge nomads, of the tribes of the east and of the west, united by a colossal and sacred city, spanning across the width of the entire continent, that wields great power over the whole of the land. Their home is a wall of such pure and unbridled might, it commands the respect of all who look upon it. Just what is needed to unite a world.

A continent of forests and snow, where nobles have their lands and their intrigue... yet nearly all have come together under the banner of the Pays D'Or. Possessed of massive wealth and military strength, the Pays D'Or is an unquestioned power, their enemies having been crushed long ago and their coffers overflowing with riches greater than the wildest dreams of many.

These two lands are paragons of power, pinnacles of prosperity, in their golden age and their prime. They are at the zenith of their civilization...

Just like the rising sun, every age of gold must one day set. Soon, the night will fall on these two worlds. Their fates inexorably linked, it's denizens will be privy to a calamitous event that will change their lives, irreversibly and forever. Ultimately, by the measure of your success and the color of your heart, you Heroes will shape the fate of the worlds.

This is the OOC thread for FEF:TK! This will be Powder Miner and I's first FEF game, so shit's gon be ossum, yo! Shout outs to swordstar who already made us a mug to help us out, and everyone in the #feftalk IRC who'll have to put up with PM and I asking questions all the time. :D

I'm the in-game mapmaker, and Powder is the man with the balance plan. And we're both GMs! But all the fluff is split evenly between us. We both went to our corners and hammered out two very special worlds for you guys to play in.

Player's Handbook v1.20 Terrain rules are the same as in the GBA games. (Unless Powder wants to change it.)

There will be two threads, one hosted by me (Selesht) and the other by Powder Miner (Maisoh) so do some reading to see which place you like best. We'll be accepting a total of 8 for both threads, so that's 16 players total. It's a pretty high number for a FEF, so if it comes down to it PM and I will accept players who have already applied to one thread who wish to apply to the other as well in order to fill out parties.

The players themselves are junior retainers to the Twelfth Reincarnated Holy Prophet Zanarkin (GUNIN's game) and members of High King Pirre III's royal mercenaries (PM's game), respectively, depending on which thread you're in. When you make your sheet, make sure you say which game you want to be in. You'll be starting as trainees.

S E L E S H T
Spoiler: Fluff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
I made this one!

M A I S O H
Spoiler: Fluff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Powder Miner
This fluff is by mine hand!

The two worlds above are in separate dimensions of time altogether. The players in either thread will probably never interact...
Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)

Selesht IC
Maisoh IC
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:00:44 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Twin King (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 01:16:18 am »

I want in!  Will have a character by tomorrow probably.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 06:03:15 am »

Hey! I'm the other GM of this here FEF, and I figure I might as well clarify something: While you guys are starting very much separate (and you definitely shouldn't count on interacting directly, it's more trouble than it's worth) this is the same game for a reason. Maisoh and Selesht are going to have connections at some point, and player decisions in one thread affect the other thread too, indirectly... which I hope will provide some extra appeal to the game!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 06:04:19 am »

I just have to ptw this.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 06:04:59 am »

Oh so you are doing the possible interactions. I now ponder joining as a Soldier->Sentinel as part of GUIN's game.
Going Priest Trainee -> Sister -> Saint

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:42:50 am by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 06:51:33 am »

I'm considering joining as part of the Maisoh players. I've never played FEF, but I have played my good share of Fire Emblem games. There's one thing I can't see. Are we starting as Trainees or as First Class?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 07:13:42 am »

It's my intention to start as trainees, considering this will likely be a large campaign.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 07:17:14 am »

Hmm, would it be alright if I played a Jeigan character :P? Basically promoted/first class instead of trainee, and like...only 2 points instead of 4 and 220% for growths. Or something like that, anyway :P
Of course I don't expect this to be actually allowed, so I'l propably just play a Fighter trainee and recycle my char from TDG.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT2: I suppose it's pretty clear I'l be joining PM's game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:22:59 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 07:20:20 am »

PTW/Reserve as a friend of this young soldier.
Oh so you are doing the possible interactions. I now ponder joining as a Soldier->Sentinel as part of GUIN's game.

Character (WIP) - If First Class start

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 07:21:32 am »

You peeps are crazy.

Crazy I say.

* Haspen prepares popcorn.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 07:43:57 am »

One more thing before submitting my sheet. I am not exactly good modifying portraits from FE games to make my own, but I have a certain portrait generator in my computer from my times as a RPG Maker fan, can I use it even though it's not FE style portraits?

Spoiler: Nero Vargas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:44:12 am by Khaiel »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 08:07:16 am »

PTW and eventually join. This sounds absolutely crazy and I want to be a part of it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 08:11:32 am »

One more thing before submitting my sheet. I am not exactly good modifying portraits from FE games to make my own, but I have a certain portrait generator in my computer from my times as a RPG Maker fan, can I use it even though it's not FE style portraits?

There's no rule about portraits, use whatever you wish :3
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 10:09:59 am »

Finished the sheet. Will add a portrait tomorrow.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 10:58:52 am »

I'm thinking about going with a dancer as my character. Best idea or bestest idea? should I go with something else?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30