Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey RTD: The Labyrinth of Dreams  (Read 35000 times)

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Etrian Odyssey RTD: The Labyrinth of Dreams
« on: August 15, 2014, 07:43:34 pm »

Many years ago, the mysterious Yggdrasil Labyrinth opened nearby the small town of Etria.  It was a strange and dangerous place, full of monsters, treasure, and untapped potential.  However, what it had more of than anything, was adventure.  The word went out across the land and adventurers flocked to Etria.  The quaint town bursted into prosperity, fueled by the rare and diverse resources found in the labyrinth.  In time, one guild of adventurers emerged from the labyrinth claiming to have reached the end.  They refused to say what they found, but the Radha, the leaders of Etria, insisted that the guild surely had reached the end.  Those who frequented the Labyrinth noticed it as well.  The Labyrinth had grown quiet.  Monsters were less aggressive than usual, and the mysterious forest folk vanished.  Adventuring slowed as an occupation, and the desire to explore the Labyrinth reached an all time low.  For a long time, this is how it was.  Adventurers went to other lands for fun and profit.  Only a few groups of dedicated adventurers stayed in Etria to maintain the life they had all grown accustomed to. 

But lately something had thrown Etria into chaos, and the call for adventurers has gone out once again.  The Labyrinth is acting strangely, well... more than usual, and monsters are out in force.  You have traveled a long way to challenge the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.  Are you driven by dreams of wealth?  Are you drawn by the allure of power?  Above all, what pervades all adventurers is the urge to explore the unknown.  To delve deep into the Labyrinth and uncover it's mysteries.  To forge your own...

ETRIAN ODYSSEY

Spoiler: What Is This (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolling Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Please, please, please, give me feedback, ask questions, and I will do everything in my power to make this an awesome RTD.  A lot of thought has gone into planning this so far, but there is still so much to do.  Let's just give it our all!

Here's an opening theme and video from Etrian Odyssey Untold, to set the mood.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:45:54 pm by Slayer1557 »

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Etrian Odyssey RTD: The Labyrinth of Dreams
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:44:09 pm »

Current Players
Caellath - Dahne Tuhlann - Highlander
SeriousConcentrate - Shiloh Malkarya - Protector
BlitzDungeoneer - Zertch Nihsa - Ninja
Ochita - Bianca Pierson the 3rd - Princess
Harry Baldman - Maximus K. Mackay, Big Game Hunter, Ex-Treasurer of the Most Illustrious Club of Gentlemen of Great Spirit and Small Stature, Literatus Extraordinaire, Exterminator of the Great Whining Hooter of the West, Laureate of the Whimsical Order of Maximum Kill Seventh Class and All-Around Wonderful, Caring Man of the People.
 - Arbalist

Tiruin - Cyra - Medic

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Stats (click to show/hide)

Waitlist
Salsacookies - The Humbler - Hexer
Errol - Iris P. Enra - Farmer
Dwarmin - Alwyn Siarl Riannon - Zodiac
abyssion1337 - Sir Alice Windslayer - Imperial
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:11:31 pm by Slayer1557 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 08:26:17 pm »

I rarely create offense-based characters, and my forum name sounds Celtic. It had to be done.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:32:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 08:51:49 pm »

You have no idea how nervous I am for this.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:06:03 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

And done. Hopefully it's good. ^^^
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:02:38 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 12:38:33 am »

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:52:25 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 02:13:55 am »

AhahaahAHAHAHHH yes okay I am good for this. Waitlist me if I dont get in to the initial 5.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 05:05:53 am »

I'll put together a ranking tomorrow when I get up to show the relative speeds of the classes, so you can get a feeling for how turn order might be, for various stat levels.

Ninja is stupidly fast, but squishy.  Still, they are quite unique.

OH and one thing of note, I may give you a bonus point if you play a class that has "Prerequisite" skills.  As in, skills that unlock your other skills, but doesn't really give you anything itself.  The developers realized that players didn't like that very much and stopped doing it in the later games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 06:29:25 am »

Does that work?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:24:37 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 08:29:18 am »

Reserving for a sheet.

SC, This is all your fault XD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:32:14 pm by Tiruin »

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 02:37:29 pm »

Welcome Tiruin, glad you could make it :3 (Although we have 6 ppl now, what am I gonna doooooooo T.T)

Quite the colorful characters so far.

SC: Looks good.  If you want skills from the other defender classes, we can work something out, since prerequisites can be a bitch.

BlitzDungeoneer: Holy... ok, yes if that's what you want, you are going to go first... like almost always.  Your damage will suffer, but you are going to be quite survivable, especially with Kagerou(Shadow Clone) and Senpuku.  As a note, the clone will act as if it had provoked the enemy, so it will draw attacks to it (and likely quickly die, its just an illusion anyway).  I would not be surprised if your character didn't walk anywhere.  Whenever people look away, you just appear somewhere else XD

Ochita: Looks sweet.  Princesses can wear any kind of armor, so if you want to wear more metal, go ahead.  It's mostly aesthetic though, I'm not going to penalize you for what you currently are using.  I've always wanted to make a Battle Prince/Princess, but they don't work quite as well in practice in the games.  It should be quite cool here though.

Harry: That's just awesome.  You're going to make everyone use your full title, aren't you?  So we have the fastest character ever, and the slowest in the same party?  You know, I didn't even think to mention that you can't have zero in a stat, but sure, this'll be good.  Arbalests hit like a truck in general, and it only goes up from there.

I have a question for people.  Do you want to see values for HP?  I'm probably going to track it myself.  I can show exact values, or maybe just a percentage.  Or you can estimate how close to death someone is based on wounds and such.  I'm not going to show TP(Technique points).  I don't want things to get too bogged up by numbers.  I will tell you in text ("You are getting tired/exhausted, etc"), and occasionally give you a % when you hit a threshold, like 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:14 pm »

The HP would be nice.
Also, can I have throwing weapons, or is there a skill needed for that that I didn't notice?

And is there something wrong with my character to elicit such a reaction?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 03:20:17 pm »

Name: "The Humbler"

Race: Vessel

Class: Hexer

Appearance/Equipment: He has Pine green hair that is completely wild and has trash embedded in it. He wears trash and rags, formed into a trashy robe and cape and carries around a sewage pipe as a small stave. He has grey skin which looks scaly and peels,and grey eyes.

Stats:
Offence: 4
Defence: 1
Agility: 3
Utility: 4

Skills:
Curses:Lvl 1
Sapping:Lvl 1
Leaden:Lvl 1
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 03:22:23 pm »

@Slayer: OK, let me know what's up and I'll fix things. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 06:19:11 pm »

Nah its fine.  Just keep in mind you aren't going to do as much damage as the guys who went 5 offense.  You have a lot of other useful stuff though, and you are pretty hard to kill too, since you can stay in the back row, your keburi no sue lets you dash in and out to attack but stay at a safe distance.

Oh for thrown weapons?  Sure you can have throwing knives or shuriken or whatever you want.  It's not going to matter, your melee attacks are just as effective.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:39:18 pm by Slayer1557 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27