Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey RTD: The Labyrinth of Dreams  (Read 34997 times)

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Etrian Odyssey RTD: The Labyrinth of Dreams
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 08:05:28 pm »

Oh crap, I realized I had the wrong link for Etrian Odyssey 2 skills, lemme fix that.

Tiruin, you need to get the perquisites before you can get immunize or refresh.  Use the Etrian Odyssey Untold skills.  I think they will work better.  Also, if you reach the level of heal mastery(and only heal mastery) to unlock a skill you get a point in that skill for free.

And I forgot to mention, most skills have a cap of 10 points.  Some utility ones have less.  I'll try to point it out when it comes to that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:16:10 pm by Slayer1557 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 03:12:50 am »

Oh crap, I realized I had the wrong link for Etrian Odyssey 2 skills, lemme fix that.

Tiruin, you need to get the perquisites before you can get immunize or refresh.  Use the Etrian Odyssey Untold skills.  I think they will work better.  Also, if you reach the level of heal mastery(and only heal mastery) to unlock a skill you get a point in that skill for free.

And I forgot to mention, most skills have a cap of 10 points.  Some utility ones have less.  I'll try to point it out when it comes to that.
Bwuuuh x_x Knew it.
Just wondered if it was possible as one of the links I found suggested Immunize (and despite better judgement I went with it :x)

Edited!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 03:15:43 am »

Finished ze sheet.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 04:07:27 am »

Take some of the advice you find there with a grain of salt.  I'm using the skills more to how they are intended, not how they were in practice.  In the original game, immunize was stupidly broken.  It buffed your resistance to elements... which for some reason was ALL damage.  So combined with another mechanic that is not part of this game (Boost), your team was practically invulnerable.

That said, it is only going to protect from actual elemental damage (fire/ice/lightning).  It's still a pretty useful skill.  There are things that can do incredible damage to the party if unmitigated.  Defensive buffs help, certain consumables help.  If you forgo your turn to defend, you take half damage.  Useful if you suspect you are gonna get blasted.  But you shouldn't run into anything too crazy early on.  By the time you do, you will be more prepared.

I'm still not sure what's going on with your skills.  Healing Mastery 1 would give you a free point in Cure, and Healing Mastery 3 would give a free point in Refresh and Unbind, should you want to go that route.  I'm sorry this is kinda confusing.  I'm trying to tie together these systems in a balanced way. T.T

Blitz: Looks zveet.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:22:55 am by Slayer1557 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 07:04:36 am »

I have no idea how to skill and what skills to pick and what limitations exist there with the skills. :S

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 07:07:04 am »

Then just look at the wiki and pick what feels right, according to descriptions. That's what I did.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 08:54:03 am »

Man, isn't blitz going to have some trouble actually dealing damage? Ninja's aren't really that strong compared to others, and with an offence of 1 it seems like his main thing is going to be dealing status effects and probably throwing around items.

Also yeah, Tiruin. You get 3 points, and it seems that unless I'm mistaken that putting in points to the 'Mastery' skills supplies a free point to whatever skill would need that level to be unlocked for more points. If you'd like I could help you out with your skill usage, with you telling me what you want to achieve with your skills and me giving my knowledge on said matters.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 11:10:27 am »

Hm. I have a question - I took one level of Bolt Mastery. Does that mean I can take one level of Heavy Shot as well, according to the refund rules?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 11:22:52 am »

Also yeah, Tiruin. You get 3 points, and it seems that unless I'm mistaken that putting in points to the 'Mastery' skills supplies a free point to whatever skill would need that level to be unlocked for more points. If you'd like I could help you out with your skill usage, with you telling me what you want to achieve with your skills and me giving my knowledge on said matters.
The tree confuses me, is all. Like on Heal Mastery, there's a L3 skill next to a L1 skill and another L3 skill next to a L5 skill
...as an example.

I'd like to move up towards Revive, so do I put 3 points in Heal Mastery to go towards it? What skills are open to me if I invest such?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 12:11:32 pm »

Hmm, it's not too late, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...maybe the class pick was not the best idea, hehehe.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:23:45 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 12:22:44 pm »

I'd like to move up towards Revive, so do I put 3 points in Heal Mastery to go towards it? What skills are open to me if I invest such?

I think it's layered skill requirements. To unlock Cure you need LV1 Heal Mastery, and to unlock Salve you need LV5 Heal. At LV3 Mastery you also get Unbind/Refresh. Because of that mastery rule, the first ranks of Cure, Unbind and Refresh are freebies.
To go for Revive, you'd need LV10 Heal Mastery, so you best get grindin'
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 12:28:12 pm »

Errol, I am rather disappointed you didn't take Horseplay.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 02:18:39 pm »

Ok, let me address your questions.  Ochita, I think Blitz will do just fine.  The ninja is just very versatile.  I don't want to push him towards any specific build, so I'm not going to mention anything specifically, but he definitely has options.

Harry, you are probably right.  For the Arbalest, I'm going to rule that you get one free point for each tier of Bolt mastery.  As in, when you reach BM 2 you get snipe OR sharpshooter, and at BM 5 you get the elemental barrage of your choice.  You can buy into the others when you want.  You get Heavy shot right now.

Tiruin, Errol had it just about right.  The "Lv 5" next to Salve, for example means you need 5 points in Cure to unlock it.  And cure needs 1 point in heal mastery.  Remember that there are other options for revival.  Nectars revive, and as long as you win the fight/otherwise escape with the body, you can get them revived in town for a nominal fee.

Errol, Welcome!  Glad to have you.  Farmers are pretty OP, you are gonna ruin the balance of my game! [/sarcasm]  Horseplay is a skill that obviously had more value in the original game, because sometimes you wanted to change it to day or night, but the only way to do that was to sleep at the inn, or pace back and forth in the dungeon (obviously getting into fights).  Horseplay let you pass the time without fights.

Alright, I'm going to decide players soon.  Let me get out of bed and eat and stuff first >.<  (Don't keep your laptop next to your bed, it promotes bad habits).  If I had unlimited time and ideas I would happily run two groups simultaneously, but I'm worried it would be too much for me.  If we get going and I think I can manage it, we can give it a try.

EDIT:Oh, and I found a better link for the skills for EO IV.  It's in the OP.  It actually has the skill trees.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 02:24:46 pm »

I know I'm super late, but here I go.  :P

Name: Alwyn Siarl Riannon
Race: Human
Class: Zodiac
Appearance/Equipment: A stoic looking, blond-haired young woman with deep green starlit eyes. A tall and delicate build, her pale skin marked with intricate deep-purple warpaint from head to toe, in the fashion of water flowing down elegant hills. Wears a long, dark coat that swishes about, embroidered with dark-gold thread moons, comets and stars. Under which she hides her weapons and tools, a small dagger, and a deck of enchanted cards she uses to cast her spells. Also sports a fancy, baggy hat decorated with a jaunty black feather in the brim.
Stats:
Offence: 4
Defence: 2
Agility: 2
Utility: 4
Skills: Volt Master Lv1, Volt Star Lv1, Horoscope Lv1
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:44:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 03:00:58 pm »

Ok, It really sucks to have to cut people, but here goes.  I feel like such a bad guy  :'(

SeriousConcentrate, Shiloh Malkarya, Protector
BlitzDungeoneer, Zertch Nihsa, Ninja
Ochita, Bianca Pierson the 3rd, Princess
Harry Baldman,
Spoiler: Maximus (click to show/hide)
, Arbalist
Tiruin, Cyra, Medic

Are part of the initial party.  Everyone else is waitlisted, unless you opt out.  Waitlisters will be brought in in the case of drops, no shows, or permanent deaths.  If you lose your character, you may create a new one for the waitlist at that time.  I'll put together the first post a little later, at least 4 hours from now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27