Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey RTD: The Labyrinth of Dreams  (Read 35004 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Etrian Odyssey RTD: The Labyrinth of Dreams
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 03:17:10 pm »

Ok, It really sucks to have to cut people, but here goes.  I feel like such a bad guy  :'(

SeriousConcentrate, Shiloh Malkarya, Protector
BlitzDungeoneer, Zertch Nihsa, Ninja
Ochita, Bianca Pierson the 3rd, Princess
Harry Baldman,
Spoiler: Maximus (click to show/hide)
, Arbalist
Tiruin, Cyra, Medic

Are part of the initial party.  Everyone else is waitlisted, unless you opt out.  Waitlisters will be brought in in the case of drops, no shows, or permanent deaths.  If you lose your character, you may create a new one for the waitlist at that time.  I'll put together the first post a little later, at least 4 hours from now.

I wasn't hoping for much. Having just submitted a char 30 minutes ago!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 03:21:27 pm »

I do believe I qualify as a Fragile Speedster.
Now to be the only character that survives the entire game...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 04:02:41 pm »

I do believe I qualify as a Fragile Speedster.
Now to be the only character that survives the entire game...

good luck, I'm behind seven shadow clones
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 04:13:22 pm »

The nice thing about clones, is that if one dies, the real you is always the other one.  The bad thing about clones... AOE.  And unlike in the games, I'm not limiting the number of clones you can have out at once (to a point).  In the games, you could only ever have a max of 3 people in the front and back row.  The normal party size was 5 as you would imagine, so that left 1 spot for summons or clones.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Etrian Odyssey RTD: The Labyrinth of Dreams Day 1
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 08:27:52 pm »

((I've decided to include Caellath as well, the party is now 6.  I was tossing the idea around, and the more the merrier.))
((You guys can decide whether you had already grouped up or if you are still functioning as individual adventurers.  In either case you've had plenty of time to get acquainted during the trip, unless you were antisocial or something.))

Noon of the first Day(60 Hours remaining)

You have traveled a long way to Etria.  You got off the boat early this morning, and made the rest of the trek on foot.  The hot Summer sun beat down on you the whole way.  Clouds were surprisingly scarce, considering the pouring rain encountered during the boat ride.  Still, the open plains seem green enough.  A small herd of wild horses is seen off to the side, but steers clear of the caravan.  A lone turtle plods along toward Etria, taking things at his own pace.  Hang in there little buddy!

The town could be seen for a long way off, so everyone was filled with excitement and relief to be finished with the journey.  Before long you all reached the town gate.  There is a river on this side of the town, with a wide stone bridge leading right up to the gate.  The gate itself was pretty ornate.  On the arch above it was patterns of trees, and the seal of Etria, which was round with a face of an intimidating old man with a large mustache, two small wings near the top of his head, and decorated with more images of plant life around it. It menaces with spikes of stone.

There were two short lines heading into town.  One line was clearly for wagons and carts, and another for foot traffic.  A couple of guards in standard metal armor are questioning everyone on the way in.  Your group steps up and the guard blocks your path.  He holds a spear upright in one hand and a clipboard in the other.  He eyes you all over and asks, "What is the purpose of your visit?"  His voice is a bit monotone, and the boredom shows.

abyssion1337

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 11:03:39 pm »

I'll make a character on the off chance multiple people die or drop
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 11:24:41 pm »

Bianca huffed under her breath, and pushed her way though to the front of the group. "We are adventurers, here to visit the labyrinth as a guild group."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 06:48:14 am »

Shiloh looked at the small woman who pushed her way to the front of the group and shrugged at her explanation, though he elected to stay near Cyra for the moment. "Cyra and I are here to sssearch for rare herbsss in particular," he said.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 07:02:57 am »

Zertch suddenly appeared beside the guard.
"I'm just here because I have nothing else to do."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 07:30:02 am »

"Not so sure about the guild part, but I'll go ahead and believe her anyway!" says Mackay with elation. The scent of maximum kill was in the air. He dearly loved that scent.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 10:38:40 am »

"Good noon. I'm here to explore the labyrinth." Dahne answered with the confident tone that's usual to him, one hand holding the spear upright and another resting on his hip.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 07:00:02 pm »

Bianca huffed under her breath, and pushed her way though to the front of the group. "We are adventurers, here to visit the labyrinth as a guild group."
The guard glances at your tiara briefly, then back to the clipboard and nods.  "Glad to have you.  When you get into town, head towards the town center.  Most of our lodgings and businesses are there.  Visit the Explorer's Guild Hall first.  You will need to register there if you want to be allowed in the labyrinth, or buy supplies.  There should be a sign for it, right in Verda Plaza."

Shiloh looked at the small woman who pushed her way to the front of the group and shrugged at her explanation, though he elected to stay near Cyra for the moment. "Cyra and I are here to sssearch for rare herbsss in particular," he said.
"Yea, a lot of powerful medicine is made here, and we haven't been able to grow everything found in the labyrinth ourselves.  It just doesn't seem to take root anywhere else.  The doctors appreciate anyone who takes the time to collect that stuff." 

Zertch suddenly appeared beside the guard.
"I'm just here because I have nothing else to do."
You decide you have nothing better to do than to scare the shit out of the guard, intentionally or not.  The guard nearly jumps out of his boots, and shoves you towards the rest of the group.  [6]You stumble a little, but otherwise stay on your feet.  "Geez!  Don't sneak up on me like that.  Just stay out of trouble!"  He pats on his chest like his heart was pounding.  He starts waving people through the gate, despite JUST pushing you out.

"Not so sure about the guild part, but I'll go ahead and believe her anyway!" says Mackay with elation. The scent of maximum kill was in the air. He dearly loved that scent.
You draw an odd look from the guard but are quickly waved through. 

"Good noon. I'm here to explore the labyrinth." Dahne answered with the confident tone that's usual to him, one hand holding the spear upright and another resting on his hip.
"Hot Noon.  In ya go."  He wipes his face with his hand and sloughs off a layer of sweat.  With nobody else waiting to get in, he limps over to the shade.

Funneled by the main street, and flanked by residences you are guided towards Verda plaza.  It's quite beautiful and reminds you of an old melody.  The architecture is primarily out of good stone and well aged.  Ivy grows tastefully in a few spots and looks well maintained.  There's a small fountain in the center.  A couple children play at the water's edge.  Looking around the plaza you can see a number of shops, including an Apothecary, Blacksmith and supplies, and the all important Alcohol Repository and Quest Board Tavern.  The whole plaza is bustling with activity.  It looks like mostly adventurers, considering their armor and weaponry.

Off to one side, there are a few larger buildings that don't really look like shops.  One has the seal of Etria above it.  Another has a large placard labeled "Explorer's Guild".  That must be it.

((I kinda pushed you along into town for the sake of keeping the game going.  Do you prefer it this way, or would you rather I let you control all actions, including going from place to place?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 07:06:27 pm »

(I'm fine with it, since it's likely what we all would have done and therefore saves a little time.)

Shiloh nudged Cyra's upper arm with his elbow. "Where do you want to go firssst? The guild hall or a ssshop?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 07:10:45 pm »

((That was fine. Since we all wanted admittance into the town, having us march inside was the kind of thing I was expecting.))

Dahne smiled a smile that managed to avoid being excessively toothy as he made his way inside, looking around with interest - he was far more used to his people's dwellings after all. He also kept to the shade on the path to the Plaza, trying to avoid most of the sunlight since dark clothes and a beast's fur didn't mix well with heat.

To registration in the Explorer's Guild!
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 08:14:41 pm »

((Damn, you guys reply fast!))

Here are some stats I drew up, will go in the OP.

Spoiler: Party Stats (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27