Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Eragon Mod 1.3 (Complete)  (Read 5333 times)

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
Eragon Mod 1.3 (Complete)
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:39:06 pm »

-----VERSION 1.3 IS COMPLETE-----

I personally really like the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon book series) and, after being absoluteley murdered by a dragon for the fifth time, had the idea to make a sapient humanoid dragon race. Soon after I did that, I had another idea. AN ERAGON MOD. I personally kind of suck at modding DF right now, so I would like some help in doing this. To the uninitiated,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So of course this would fit PERFECTLY to dwarf fortress, if we go at this the right way. But enough foreplay! ON TO THE FEATURES!
IF I can get enough experience and/or support for this, the feature list (This is probably in no way full) will look something like this:

-A MISLEADING TITLE| As mounts for player controlled characters currently do not exist, you wont be a literal dragon rider.

-A DRAGON COMPANION| In case you didn't already notice, this mod will mostly affect adventure mode. Maybe there is a way to spawn a dragon companion from an egg?

-NEW ENEMIES| Of course we can't forget about the beloved Shades (Maybe make a non-transmitable vampire-like syndrome, but stronger?), or the fabulously adorned Urgals. The beautiful Lethrblaka and their talented children the Ra'zac are also rather important.

-NEW STATUS| Dragon riders get more powerful as time goes along, so I think we could work that on somehow. Maybe when you get the syndrome from the aforementioned eggs, it behaves somewhat like the vampire interaction to give you a title and boost your stats, then somehow give those stats more boosts as time goes along.

-NEW WEAPONS| Ascûdgamln, pronounced ASK-KULD-GAM-il-LIN, pretty much spikes drilled into the knuckes of the user (Dwarf only), Hûthvír, Imagine a bo staff with short swords coming out of either side, and you have a Hûthvír, Rider swords, and One-Handed Hammers.

-NEW SAPIENT RACES| Urgals, and Werecats (NOTE:somehow make it possible for werecats to transform into large feral cats at will).

-MAGIC| Magic is so central to the series that it is impossible to not include here. Due to the depth of the magic system, only a few, more iconic spells can be included. These are: Brisingir (Summons fire), Jierda (Throws an enemy, breaks their bones, or both), Skolir (Creates a magic shield, or ward), and Waise Heill (Healing spell). Maybe learn spells by reading books? Elves will naturally be able to use all spells.

-NEW MATERIAL| Brightsteel, used in the construction of Rider swords.

Version 1.3 brings: Bugfixes, mostly. There are now fewer errors in the errorlog.

Finished features highlighted in blue
In-Progress features are highlighted yellow.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:53:51 pm by deepspaceprobe9 »
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
Re: ERAGON MOD
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:11:39 am »

UPDATE: I have the weapons done, and am in the process of balancing them, and I have the Dragon Rider syndrome worked out except for a good method of getting it.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 01:19:14 am »

You could create two new stones. One could be a "dragon egg" that you transform into the other type of stone with a reaction. The second type should have a melting point below the temperature it's set at, and you should add the syndrome to that. Alternatively, just create the second one from nothing and skip the first.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 01:32:58 am »

The problem is making the stone able to be found on the overworld, and making it rare, because the crafting it from nothing doesn't have the right feel to it.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 02:07:19 am »

The problem is making the stone able to be found on the overworld, and making it rare, because the crafting it from nothing doesn't have the right feel to it.

You could have a fortress mode reaction to make it, or have the interaction require actual dragon eggs.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 02:14:58 am »

I was so caught up in the making of a dragon egg material to realize that there were ACTUAL dragon eggs in game. Thanks for reminding me.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 12:34:33 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:HATCH_DRAGON_EGG]
[NAME:hatch dragon egg]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:STONE:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:DRAGON_EGG]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:INORGANIC:DRAGON_EGG_HATCHED]
[SKILL:KNAPPING]
This doesn't seem to work...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 12:42:33 pm »

Could you explain exactly how it is not working?

Your product line is definitely wrong, as the stone item has no subtype specified. It should be:
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NONE:INORGANIC:DRAGON_EGG_HATCHED]

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 01:09:45 pm »

It just gave the adventurer some knapping experience without giving him the product. I'll fix it up and try again.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 01:57:09 pm »

You were right, I fixed the token, and it worked as planned

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 02:03:56 pm »

This isn't working as planned

and neither is this

They won't show up in arena mode, and they aren't created during worldgen. I can't see the problem, maybe someone else will?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 02:10:21 pm »

Not sure why they aren't in the arena, as they have arena names. But the dragon rider is not showing up because it has no religious sphere to allow gods to hand the secret out. It also has 'bring peace to the world' as its goal, even though the only functioning goal at the moment is immortality.

Are the files saved correctly?

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 02:12:57 pm »

The interaction files for these are both in the interaction_examples folder

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

They have to be in the main object folder. They won't do anything when they are stored with the interaction examples.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 02:20:48 pm »

Now why didn't I know this the other 02384842146 times I tried to do something like this?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5