Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Angels, led by a demon!  (Read 891 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Angels, led by a demon!
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:14:26 am »

So, this didn't actually take as long as I thought it would. I made a four-part race, the Sprites, who are basically messed up, evil angels. Totally fine with torture, cannibalism, murder, and slavery, but if you defile a painting, or lie to someone, or jay-walk, you're going to be stabbed to death by the slitter, the sprite version of the hammerer, using a large knife. They have no access to steel, but iron and bronze are as abundant for them as for humans, they use all the same animals as humans and goblins, and are baby snatchers, only active in the winter. Yes, they will ally themselves with kobolds and goblins. Yes, they will attack you. Yes, they are much larger than you, and even most humans, minus their leader. Yes, they are all angels, minus the rare demons, who are basically assured to be leaders due to being high masters of many social skills. Sprites are unplayable in fortress mode, but playable in adventure mode. Have fun with them!

The creature.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The entity file.

And the body file you need for Seraphs to work.

Have fun! They inhabit the same lands as humans, plus they also start out on deserts. Despite being preferred for their joyous laughs, sprites do nothing but cause screams.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Angels, led by a demon!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:20:39 am »

Hey, that's pretty cool. I'll add this to my list of "things to try when I get back into DF".
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Angels, led by a demon!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 02:33:27 am »

Thanks! Some details I should've mentioned: Seraphs are competant spear and shield users, Celestial Sprites are competant sword and shield users, both of those can fly, and then the average sprite is ground locked, with no native skills. Then the Ageless One has horns and tusks, and is just a bit smaller than a human, but without anything to slow him down in combat. Even lopping off both arms won't render it harmless, as it can still gore with tusks amd horns. Aim for the head and chest, or hack off each bit until it bleeds to death, you'll never be able to choke it or knock it out.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.