Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Eragon Mod 1.3 (Complete)  (Read 5334 times)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ERAGON MOD
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 08:42:40 am »

Awesome stuff, ptw.

Dont forget to include the magic costs, was one of my favorite Paolini mechanics.

So, your interactions for lobbing fireballs at enemies also include self-targetted debuffs.  Remove some strength, endurance and agility on a short timer for every cast, so if you spam spells you are gonna exhaust yourself physically.

As you point out, getting this to behave in Adventure mode is a bit tricky, you could maybe come up with a way to turn a regular hired companion into a dragon using an egg or similar.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »

Great ideas, celem. I was actually wondering about how I would handle the magic costs.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:56:04 pm by deepspaceprobe9 »
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 04:06:59 pm »

Shades still aren't generating  >:(
I can't find the issue, maybe someone else can?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 04:26:51 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with the interaction. I tried putting that into a game, and ran a world for ~115 years. Only one shade that I could find in legends.

How are you testing this, by the way?

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 04:29:20 pm »

Im not sure you can chain the CE_PHYS_ATT_GAIN like you chain when adding all the new tags in the first line.  The wiki doesnt specifically say you can. (while it does for basic tag adding)
Try splitting that one into 3 separate stat gains, not sure, just looks wrong, but may work fine

Otherwise I dont see anything glaring.  It ought to work on defiling temples as a curse, wont be recordable/learnable through slabs.  Looks right.

Have you added the SPHERE:DEATH to whichever civs you have?  Need followers of the gods doing the cursing.  And i think it will only take mortals like 'mancing from the IMMORTALITY secret tag?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:31:38 pm by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »

The interaction there is very similar to the example vampire interaction. Cursing doesn't need a sphere, and you can chain attribute changes.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 06:05:52 pm »

I'm testing this by running a small world for a short history. Which I think is 125 yeaars, then checking through legends. Dragon riders are spawning fine though, but sometimes they have different titles, say someone was a dragon rider, then they got kidnapped and turned into a groom/bride of whatever night creature, so I might just be getting a coincidence of every shade being kidnapped. Probably I should start checking those.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 07:00:31 pm »

One spawned, I am a happy *Sits for hour trying to figure out what to call self*

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 07:14:19 pm »

I am now stuck, I'll put it to the side for now, but I'll need help in figuring out how to make a believable system of having the Ra'zac turn into Letherblaka as they age. Any ideas?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 09:05:42 pm »

The only thing I can think of is a syndrome that transforms them after a really, really long time, but I don't know if that would work during worldgen. I don't think the current system can properly handle metamorphosis.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 05:11:21 am »

Werecats nearly complete, all thats left is transformation.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:26:49 am by deepspaceprobe9 »

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 08:31:16 am »

I'm liking KingMurdocs' idea for transformation, but how would I get the Ra'zac the syndrome in the first place? And stop it from infecting other species?

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 10:34:00 am »

NOTE: Even without the ability to transform, a werecat is still a pretty powerful unit, true to the books.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 12:15:44 pm »

Strangely enough, the first time one of the werecats transformed, it turned into a toad. Every other time worked fine, just the very first messed up. Huh.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »

Here's a suggestion. Using dfhack, make dragon eggs rarely gatherable by herbalists. Like MWDF's Soggoth spawning. A plantmat that evaporates, and spawns a dragon egg. A ritualistic building to turn one dwarf into a dragonrider with her own baby dragon, which will take 2 years to mature.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5