Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Eragon Mod 1.3 (Complete)  (Read 5305 times)

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
Re: ERAGON MOD
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 01:17:15 pm »

Solid idea, I really love it, but this is planned to be a mostly adventure mode mod. Also, I want to make this available to people without a third-party system. Although, if somone were to make the feature you mentioned, I'd be happy to plug it in.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 01:19:19 pm »

Even if no one steps up to do that, I probably will myself once I'm done with the magic system.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 02:43:25 pm »

LATEST ISSUE (As you may have noticed, there are amny of these as I have [NATURAL_SKILL:DFMOD:1])
I don't know how to make an interaction harm an enemy and drain stats from the caster AT THE SAME TIME. I can't find anything for it on the wiki, and there are no existing examples in vanilla that I can think of.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 03:02:17 pm »

I'm liking KingMurdocs' idea for transformation, but how would I get the Ra'zac the syndrome in the first place? And stop it from infecting other species?

Strangely enough, the first time one of the werecats transformed, it turned into a toad. Every other time worked fine, just the very first messed up. Huh.

Give the Ra'zac an interaction that imparts the syndrome onto themselves. You can make it so that the interaction can only affect Ra'zac, and that the interaction can only be used on them once.

This is done through the syndrome tag [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:creature:caste] or the interaction tag [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:creature:caste], as well as the interaction tag [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]

As for the creature becoming a toad, that was likely due to you accidentally messing up the creature designation within the transformation. If it cannot tell which creature it is supposed to turn into, then it will default to the first creature defined within the game, which is the toad.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
Re: Eragon Mod (In Progress)
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 11:06:44 pm »

Speaking of the toad, as I said before, it was only once that it turned into a toad. There were more times on the same arena session that it did what it should have. Just the first time turned it into a toad, strangely. My computer is quite old, maybe the processor skipped over something or other.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 09:25:06 am »

Should I release it to the file dopot as it is and update it from then? Or wait until version 1.0?

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 12:40:30 pm »

As far as I can tell, Waise Heill and Skolir aren't working, any ideas?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the base:

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 12:43:45 pm »

All thats left is Brightsteel and the Ra'zac/Letherblaka before release!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »

MASSIVE thumbs up to you! Maybe you could make brightsteel ore show up in featherwood tree roots? And have the elves rarely use swords made out of them?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 04:58:34 pm »

How exactly are the interactions not working?

The positive numbers may be too high, and I don't think the arguments accept negative numbers. The first argument is a percentage based change, with 100 being no change, and the second argument is an increase in the attribute's value itself.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 10:10:39 pm »

They aren't working in that they are supposed to give a massive buff for a short time, but are having no effect other then the obligatory debuff. So apparently negative numbers ARE accepted. Another thing I noticed is that while the debuffs work, they don't show up in the attribute list as changed. The only differences are that the  speed go down, and the character description changes. For example: Urist Mcdemonstration. He is tall, but incredibly frail.
Then once the syndrome wears off:
He is tall, and very muscular.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 10:23:43 pm »

Yeah, it won't change what your attributes are listed as, even though they are affected. Likely because syndromes are saved separately from attribute values. Syndromes do not directly change the value itself, they only place a modifier on it.

Though artificial increases to strength will still promote muscle growth, and decreases to it will decrease muscle.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 08:30:25 am »

I'm not sure how I would make the ore show up in roots, do you have an idea?

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2014, 01:02:47 pm »

The forge for the rider swords isn't showing up properly, (It creates a 3X3 black square) and the reaction for it isn't either. The way that the reaction isn't working is that it shows up in the forge's job list, but all it requires is fuel, and it gives nothing as a product.

The forge

The reaction

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 01:09:35 pm »

If I am rembering correctly, it should look like this:

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5