Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to kill him??  (Read 1260 times)

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to kill him??
« on: September 06, 2014, 12:23:01 pm »

How to kill this creature?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry for Grammar.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
Re: How to kill him??
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:46:44 pm »

Drop a wall on it! Freeze it in water! Turn it into obsidian (with water and magma)! Not sure what to do in adventure mode besides throw things at it and hope smash mechanics allow for some damage despite its apparent indestructibility(I don't know much about the new mechanics). You could lead it into water that's about to freeze too, but that may be difficult to pull off if it doesn't path into water (though with the suitable dodge mechanics, you could try dodging it off a cliff into said water).

I like that cats and dwarves are immune to its poison. Screw killing it, weaponize it!

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 02:09:24 pm »

Carve it up with something that cuts adamantine, I think I left something that can do that in this board somewhere. Or, smash it with something made of one of those divine metals, I hear they're denser than candy and better for bashing but otherwise equal. Slade's super heavy too and might do something.

Freezing it would work in adventure mode too, it's just a matter of luring it to water in a cold environment and keeping it there till nightfall.
Dropping the thing from a great would work too, adamantine is lighter than any ground material so some form of harm is all but assures, and anything will explode if it falls from high enough up. Just lure it to a really big cliff and cause it to dodge off the edge.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 05:13:16 pm »

Or, smash it with something made of one of those divine metals, I hear they're denser than candy and better for bashing but otherwise equal.

Divine metals are only 40% as strong as adamantine.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 05:15:13 pm »

Fortress mode or adventure mode? In Fort mode I'd use a cave-in or honestly just trap it and use it as a much more efficient archery range. In Adventure mode? Armok help you. Throw kittens at it and get it to fling itself around until something snaps?

Get a thousand boulders and drop them all on it at once from a great height? Ditto but with spiked balls made of silver?

That healing_rate:1 makes it -really- hard to kill even with pulping.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 11:30:29 pm »

A slade. . . well, anything. . . would probably do the trick. Slade's about as strong as adamantine plus it has that absurd density.

EDIT: Also, a syndrome that turns it into a wagon is instant death.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:33:13 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.