Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Project Elf Mode: Version 1.06.00 Released! 40.11 Compatible!  (Read 9304 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Elf Mode
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 01:05:37 pm »

1. AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE is both an entity and a creature token. I'm not too certain about how it works, but the cancellation may be because they are missing one or the other. Or much more likely is that it may just be related to the current morale system being screwy.

2. There is a bug where labours that should be disabled within a labour tab will still be there as long as at least one labour within that tab is active. For example, you will always be able to enable all of the medical labours, as you cannot disable the recover wounded and feeding/watering labours. Or in this case, you still have the bowyer/carpenter enabled, so woodcutting will be a possible labour as well.

3. What type of item is the heartwood? Also, speed depends on skill level and the amount of reagents used. Using no skill makes the reaction instantaneous, but it looks like you've already noticed that. It also prevents the items from gaining a quality level, though some items can't have quality levels.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »

Am I the only one who's read this threads title as "projectile elf mod"

Will your elves be able to use wooden mine carts? Then you could have projectile elves :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 01:22:33 pm »

I'm glad mining is enabled; it means elves can buy picks from the dwarves and dig. I made the heartwood ammo, since it seemed to be the easiest category to work with, but I'll have to change it to something else.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 01:47:16 pm »

If mining and woodcutting bother you, you should be able to just not include a DIGGER tool or any AXE weapons in their entity.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 01:51:02 pm »

If mining and woodcutting bother you, you should be able to just not include a DIGGER tool or any AXE weapons in their entity.

That's what I did. They can still enable the mining labor, which I had hoped for, and woodcutting is used at the heartwood shrine.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 02:01:00 pm »

There may be the problem of invaders bringing axes and woodcutters taking them once the weapons are dropped.

And I just remembered that dwarves won't visit by default. Their entity has no progress triggers, so they won't show up until that is fixed.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 04:57:15 pm »

There may be the problem of invaders bringing axes and woodcutters taking them once the weapons are dropped.

And I just remembered that dwarves won't visit by default. Their entity has no progress triggers, so they won't show up until that is fixed.
Fortunately, woodcutting isn't like fishing... the player needs to make an explicit designation for any trees to get murdered with an axe.

My worry is about the invisible uniform for woodcutters.  The treesingers will grab any axes that happen by and hold onto them (presumably to keep them out of less-enlightened hands), which could complicate any attempt to put treesingers in the militia.

Adding process triggers for dwarves should be mostly copy-and-paste, but remember without gems or metals the site's wealth isn't going to look very high to the game.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 07:06:01 pm »

Let me know about any issues other than the ones noted.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »

I'm delighted to see this mod as I would have had to do it myself otherwise. I'm awaiting the near-future release when we can harvest tree fruit before I start my Elf tree mansion.

You've done Elf-exclusive wood, but have you considered the equivalent for fabrics? Years ago I modded in a mystery seed that would poof (vaporise) when it grew (very quickly) into a plant. The fabric from that mystery plant would have made near-steel quality soft armour but only Elves could weave it (through a dummy reaction).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 04:51:16 pm »

Working on the next version right now. I'll probably throw it up on DFFD; currently my goal is fixing the heartwood bug and allowing wooden weapons and armor to be crafted in fortress mode. It looks like the weapons are hardcoded to be only of weapons-grade material, or that it's a material definition thing, so I found a quick, easy workaround. I'm making elf-exclusive duplicates of all of the weapons they have access to, and removing their access to the normal versions and the [WOODEN_WEAPONS] tag. Not sure about armor, yet.
GM of Trespassers V2.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 04:54:16 pm »

Heartwood bug?

E: looked through the version on DFFD. Your shrine has [BUILD_ITEM:1:AMMO:NOTAMMO:NONE:NONE], but there is no ammo type called NOTAMMO. There is this though: [ITEM_AMMO:HEARTWOOD]

With the way it is now, it will accept any arrow, bolt, or blow dart, as well as your heartwood. To make it exclusively take heartwood, make the build item [BUILD_ITEM:1:AMMO:HEARTWOOD:NONE:NONE]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:56:36 pm by BlackFlyme »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 06:14:39 pm »

I already fixed it for the newer version, though I thought I had already changed it. I made heartwood a tool, which has the side effect of making it so they have to be wooden. I also implemented wooden weapons that are craftable. Currently trying to do the same with armor; is [WOOD_MAT] a valid armor token? Elven weapons as they are at the moment have [TRAINING] on them so you're forced to make them wooden even if you have metal. I'm not sure if I'll change this.

I also found out that the combination of [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] on both the entity and the creature has the proper effect; a pack of badgermen just walked through all seven elves without bugging them.

EDIT: Creating and testing wooden armor now. Weapons needed the [WOODEN_WEAPONS] token for some reason for them to appear at embark; can confirm they are craftable. Hearts are still craftable at the craftsman's shop; my "fix" thus far is making them ludicrously costly to make outside of a shrine via a large size. Yeah, they'll be slow to haul and will probably annihilate things if you throw them in adventure mode, but they should be fairly rare there. (Tell me if you start finding them in the lairs of night trolls. They still need a bit of work.)

Currently most of what you need is supplied by a shitload of carpenters. I'll work on making other skills useful with stuff like wood infusion and finding alternatives to ash and charcoal. Not sure what labors to use for what, tbh. A wood infuser would be sort of like a furnace operator, right? On that topic, how do you get racial profession names again? I know we have stuff like Marksdwarf instead of Crossbowman, but lots and lots of elven professions need a rename.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:11:18 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 11:37:59 pm »

The profession names are declared in the creature files, by default they are human names; IE:Craftsman. You should be able to take a look in the dwarf creature file for the source to copy-paste from, and it shouldnt be too hard to figure out how to add in new professions. I did, and would show you the raws, but alas, I do not have access to my computer at the moment.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 11:40:03 pm »

Just find the token and look it up on the wiki. You might have to pull up a list of job tokens as well.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 12:38:47 am »

That was the one place I hadn't looked yet, thank you. It doesn't look like I can change the names of the labors themselves, though. Onto the real topic, though: I can't find any material tokens for armor. I tried [TRAINING] but it wasn't recognized, being a weapon token. I'll try testing [WOOD_MAT] and if that doesn't work I'm making custom reactions for all elf-available armors. You'll probably need to resort to stockpile management if you want specific wood types for now; later, I might make individual reactions for each relevant wood type.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:54:32 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5