Poll

Place your bets. Who wins?

100 clowns
- 28 (57.1%)
30 FBs
- 21 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Whisperwhip: a megabeast steakhouse (Circus Edition)  (Read 135787 times)

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whisperwhip: a megabeast steakhouse
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2015, 11:19:07 pm »

Let's be clear, Doom Cave is the cave with some twenty odd monsters crawling around in it? I guess I've become hazy on Whisperwhip layout because why do you need to retake it order to get the, apparently, only fat left in the entire fortress?

I love how initially Whisperwhip's defining feature was it's inability to equip its soldiers and now you're looking at possibly outfitting someone entirely in artifact grade adamantine armor. I do have this sense that artifact adamantine breastplates might possibly be cursed.

What's the current population of the fort and how many soldiers are left in the militia?
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2015, 11:41:36 pm »

Let's be clear, Doom Cave is the cave with some twenty odd monsters crawling around in it? I guess I've become hazy on Whisperwhip layout because why do you need to retake it order to get the, apparently, only fat left in the entire fortress?

I love how initially Whisperwhip's defining feature was it's inability to equip its soldiers and now you're looking at possibly outfitting someone entirely in artifact grade adamantine armor. I do have this sense that artifact adamantine breastplates might possibly be cursed.

What's the current population of the fort and how many soldiers are left in the militia?
Yes, DOOMCAVE is the second cavern layer, with 30+ forgotten beasts in them. The population is sitting at 167 as of this update, and we have... 11 soldiers? Plus a squad of recruits throwing themselves down walls. This does mean the forgotten beasts outnumber the trained soldiers 3 to one.

This one little stockpile contains all the forgotten beast tallow left in the fortress. I don't have to grab it, but ignoring pointless deadly fights providing minimal rewards is definitely not how the Wilted Sack rolls at this point. I could easily grab a few animals, and butcher them, but then I'd have non-FB meat lying around and that's just silly. So instead we'll murder more forgotten beast for very vague and shaky reasons. The result will be entertaining.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2015, 01:54:58 pm »

Yes, DOOMCAVE is the second cavern layer, with 30+ forgotten beasts in them. The population is sitting at 167 as of this update, and we have... 11 soldiers? Plus a squad of recruits throwing themselves down walls. This does mean the forgotten beasts outnumber the trained soldiers 3 to one.

This one little stockpile contains all the forgotten beast tallow left in the fortress. I don't have to grab it, but ignoring pointless deadly fights providing minimal rewards is definitely not how the Wilted Sack rolls at this point. I could easily grab a few animals, and butcher them, but then I'd have non-FB meat lying around and that's just silly. So instead we'll murder more forgotten beast for very vague and shaky reasons. The result will be entertaining.

I don't want to be a spoil sport about this, but you could make soap out of rock nut oil if you've got some lying around or if the next caravan brings any rock nuts. That's like a compromise between the having slaughter a non-FB and needing to retake Doom Cave with 11 soldiers. Unless.... You have some clever plan up your sleeve?
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2015, 02:06:07 pm »

I don't want to be a spoil sport about this, but you could make soap out of rock nut oil if you've got some lying around or if the next caravan brings any rock nuts. That's like a compromise between the having slaughter a non-FB and needing to retake Doom Cave with 11 soldiers. Unless.... You have some clever plan up your sleeve?
I honestly had no idea what that ''oil'' option for soap was. Sadly, we do not have any. The constant surgeries on the champion Rovod are draining soap supplies rather fast, so 10 FB worth of tallow is actually an interesting thing to retrieve. My current goal is not to retake the entire caves, but to at least secure the antechamber where the Deadly Dust Osprey named Xun resides. It is separated from the DOOMCAVE by a artefact floor hatch, which is well worth a few deaths. I need it for the next part of the plan which involves... hum... turning our enemies into sentry guns.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2015, 02:34:09 pm »

I honestly had no idea what that ''oil'' option for soap was. Sadly, we do not have any. The constant surgeries on the champion Rovod are draining soap supplies rather fast, so 10 FB worth of tallow is actually an interesting thing to retrieve. My current goal is not to retake the entire caves, but to at least secure the antechamber where the Deadly Dust Osprey named Xun resides. It is separated from the DOOMCAVE by a artefact floor hatch, which is well worth a few deaths. I need it for the next part of the plan which involves... hum... turning our enemies into sentry guns.

One of my favorite things to do in a fresh embark is to have 3 extra rock nuts.
Rock nut -> Quern / Millstone Jug = Rock nut paste.
Rock nut paste + Jug -> Screw Press = Rock nut oil (and I think Rock nut cake).
Rock nut oil + Lye -> Soaper = Rock nut soap.
The issue with lye is that lye+bucket -> barrel is no good, so make a Lye stockpile with 0 barrels.

I believe the only fruit that can be pressed it Olive fruit, not the Olive pit.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2015, 08:55:32 pm »

One of my favorite things to do in a fresh embark is to have 3 extra rock nuts.
Rock nut -> Quern / Millstone Jug = Rock nut paste.
Rock nut paste + Jug -> Screw Press = Rock nut oil (and I think Rock nut cake).
Rock nut oil + Lye -> Soaper = Rock nut soap.
The issue with lye is that lye+bucket -> barrel is no good, so make a Lye stockpile with 0 barrels.

I believe the only fruit that can be pressed it Olive fruit, not the Olive pit.

And I'm pretty sure that rock nut cake is edible. I always try to switch over to oil soap eventually, because tallow soap is gross IRL and I'm... weird like that. I stopped making my dwarves eat quinoa after my mom made me some.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2015, 08:41:57 pm »

I am proud to announce that, thanks to single-handedly succeeding where our entire military has failed, the duke's lion has been promoted to nobility, and received his own royal bedroom.

All hail Syrupcaught!

Catsquidcat Overlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2015, 09:26:42 am »

All hail Syrupcaught. King of Wisperwhip, eater of megabeast steak and dwarves, and destroyer of Goblins.
Oh, and the demons killed a second lake.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2015, 12:02:12 pm »

I am proud to announce that, thanks to single-handedly succeeding where our entire military has failed, the duke's lion has been promoted to nobility, and received his own royal bedroom.

All hail Syrupcaught!

I just spent five minutes looking for a youtube clip of a guy from around here who does a history show delivering his tagline "I'll tell you the story, on the next episode" but apparently I'm searching for the one thing that is not on youtube.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2015, 10:29:27 pm »

Im afraid the next chapters will have to wait. They are played and ready to be written, but my video card just stopped working. My motherboard doesnt have built-in display, so this is a mess. Something to do with the beta drivers for the windows ten release causing a clusterfuck with non-win10 systems. Don't worry, the save is fine, it will just take some time to fix. I cant display anything so I need to borrow another graphics card in order to uninstall the drivers and do some crap with the BIOS. Hopefully this will solve it. If not... I'll have to invest in a new card, which won't be right now, because I need to buy gifts and shit, and Im already saving up to purchase a piano.

I swear tho, it will be worth it. Sadly, I don't want to give away too many... ''spoilers.''

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2015, 02:34:46 am »

Im afraid the next chapters will have to wait. They are played and ready to be written, but my video card just stopped working. My motherboard doesnt have built-in display, so this is a mess. Something to do with the beta drivers for the windows ten release causing a clusterfuck with non-win10 systems. Don't worry, the save is fine, it will just take some time to fix. I cant display anything so I need to borrow another graphics card in order to uninstall the drivers and do some crap with the BIOS. Hopefully this will solve it. If not... I'll have to invest in a new card, which won't be right now, because I need to buy gifts and shit, and Im already saving up to purchase a piano.

I swear tho, it will be worth it. Sadly, I don't want to give away too many... ''spoilers.''

Totally off topic, you play the piano?

PS- Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. I didn't understand a word of what you typed but I surely sympathize. I know what that's like. I've finally got all the pieces for my new computer but the bitter irony is that I've been having dizzy spells since pretty much the day my adapter arrived and I haven't been able to muster the wherewithal to assemble everything and see if it works. Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:40:04 am by De »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2015, 06:31:28 pm »

I now have more details. My graphics card is utterly dead, after 10 months of existence. I'll be getting a new one when I can find a good deal, so that probably meams no updates until after the holidays. That is, unless I find a sale that matches the boxing day prices.

I started a few years ago, playing on and off. I started taking classes a few months ago, and since then I've been playing 3-4 hours a day. I've reached a point where I can see the limitations of my current keyboard, and I seriously need an upgrade.

I've done a a few things in the past, altho that was before I had any idea of what Musical Theory was about, so I wouldn't go as far as to pretend this is accurate. I'm planning to do more, once I have some idea of what I'm doing.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2015, 10:56:13 pm »

I now have more details. My graphics card is utterly dead, after 10 months of existence. I'll be getting a new one when I can find a good deal, so that probably meams no updates until after the holidays. That is, unless I find a sale that matches the boxing day prices.

I started a few years ago, playing on and off. I started taking classes a few months ago, and since then I've been playing 3-4 hours a day. I've reached a point where I can see the limitations of my current keyboard, and I seriously need an upgrade.

I've done a a few things in the past, altho that was before I had any idea of what Musical Theory was about, so I wouldn't go as far as to pretend this is accurate. I'm planning to do more, once I have some idea of what I'm doing.

Ha, Taupsaurus. I'm glad you had something to keep you occupied while you try to rescue your computer.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:07:57 pm by De »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2015, 11:58:41 pm »

Wait. An update?

Oh wow. Very nice. And more forgotten beasts. Why am I not surprised.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2015, 02:47:02 am »

Wait. An update?

Oh wow. Very nice. And more forgotten beasts. Why am I not surprised.
Given the current title, it would be rude of them not to show up...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22