Poll

Place your bets. Who wins?

100 clowns
- 28 (57.1%)
30 FBs
- 21 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Whisperwhip: a megabeast steakhouse (Circus Edition)  (Read 135811 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Whisperwhip: a megabeast steakhouse (Circus Edition)
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2016, 08:36:15 pm »

Dont just dorf me, do you have spare goblin prisoners? 'Goblin' me as one, make sure he is not killed.
Otherwise, ill be a mechanic

GLaDOSauR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 25, 2016, 09:07:23 pm »

This better not be dead...I refuse to allow it!

The Cliffhangers must stop!
Everything I say is sigged.  There's no reason to ask if it's ok anymore!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2016, 07:10:36 pm »

While the fortress is not dead, I sadly have very little time for video games at the moment; I'm honestly not sure when there'll be a next update. My plans are to use dragon-fire to blockade the surface, allocating every dwarven resources to the final confrontation with hell, in whichever form it takes. It's fair to say that the story of Whisperwhip will meet it's end after the legion of demons has been crushed, or has crushed us. We won't be striving for multi-generation stories or megaprojects, not anymore. I just don't realistically have the time to push the save in that direction. Many players would simply push a lever and let the demons wins, or flood shit with magma, but I think the fortress deserves a more serious and climatic ending.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:12:52 pm by Taupe »

GLaDOSauR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »

While the fortress is not dead, I sadly have very little time for video games at the moment; I'm honestly not sure when there'll be a next update. My plans are to use dragon-fire to blockade the surface, allocating every dwarven resources to the final confrontation with hell, in whichever form it takes. It's fair to say that the story of Whisperwhip will meet it's end after the legion of demons has been crushed, or has crushed us. We won't be striving for multi-generation stories or megaprojects, not anymore. I just don't realistically have the time to push the save in that direction. Many players would simply push a lever and let the demons wins, or flood shit with magma, but I think the fortress deserves a more serious and climatic ending.

I'm very glad that this won't just fizzle into eternity.  :) 
Will look forward to the finale!
Everything I say is sigged.  There's no reason to ask if it's ok anymore!

Catsquidcat Overlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 06, 2016, 08:21:47 am »

I am very GLaD that your brought this up. 
Oh, and the demons killed a second lake.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2016, 11:47:25 am »

Since people brought this up, here's a quick overview of what the fortress is at.

*After much tweaking, project FLASHFIRE is operational. The goblins don't like it, but I do.
-A bridge retracts, cutting access to the fortress while giving sight to the dragon. If he engages, he ends up safely trapped in the area below, the bridge seals him in, and he can be recovered. Inbetween the dragon and the outter gates are dogs and tables, attracting invaders.

*The dwarves are cleaning items, primarily the newly-recovered chamber between cavern 1 and the DOOMCAVE.
-This area may now serve as a sort of trimming area by using the immortal floor grate. close it if a big demon approaches, let single little demons one at a time so our single soldier can take them on.

*Currently going through my list of options.  This is what we have available to create a safe system allowing us to retake the place step by step without letting demons wander freely.
-If I can find a decent solution, I want to first retrieve the adamantine spire, to visit hell, reveal other spires, mine them, but also retrieve the high-quality adamantine and steel gear from the army, back when they delayed the demons.

If people are ok with this, I'll be going with bullet-point short updates like this, instead of gigantic updates, because those take more time than I have at the moment. Basically, I'm not sure if this project will take 6 months or 25 ingame years and I'd rather avoid going into all the small details, because 25 years of detailed update is something I can't do anymore. I'm still screenshotting important stuff, so that if details do become important later on, I have screenshots to illustrate how that came to be etc. I'm now writing explanations on those screenshots because im not sure if or when I'll be using them, and I certainly wont remember what they meant in say, a year.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:58:11 am by Taupe »

Catsquidcat Overlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2016, 01:26:17 pm »

I am fine with the bullet point updates since you don't have the time for the longer ones.  Hope you get more time for yourself and this soon.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2016, 10:30:09 am »

Yeah, bullet points are perfectly understandable, especially given how long this fortress has been going on and how much your life has changed during the interim. Though I have to say, part of the joy of this thread has been watching you develop as a writer.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

RoBoBOBR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2016, 05:05:52 am »

Very enjoyable read, thanks Taupe!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2016, 11:32:04 am »

Mayoral engineering notes

Still looking for a way to weaponize things and destroy hell. The main issue is that once we have a thing connected to the demons, it may be hard to ''reset'' or make safe, which could have the fun effect of hum, I dunno, wiping the fortress. The main problem with a design such as the forgotten beast trap, is that they are long and complex to reload, and demons fly, and there's many of them. The only way we could use anything as amunition is if it was not dwarf-powered, renewed itself, and was easy to send plumetting down. Stone is fun, but it's hardly efficient.

Looking over the castle walls while improving the dragon project, I spotted our solution: Ol' Whisperhip, where I came once as an outpost liaison in the first year of this outpost. Twas before I got banished here and shit for sheer negligence. Ol' Whisperwhip was abandonned when a titan attacked, and the whole population moved into this mountainside where stone could be had, and a hole in the aquafier existed. The old fortress was never recovered because it was flooded by our poor understanding of aquafiers.

Water! Water falls down, it can be controlled by floodgates, and it's basically infinite. Maybe we can use that? I have a plan:

1-retake ol' Whisperwhip and punch a hole through the aquafier. Use fcking magma transport to obsidian a way into this if needed.

2-Build a long hole straight down to the DOOMCAVE. Install pathway to fortress to act as bait for demons.

3-Build evacuation shaft to empty water into third cavern layer. Disregard possible consequences.

If this works, then we can create a water flow going straight down a few dozen z-levels and crush the demons pathing to the fortress. Hopefully water has mass, I'm counting on that. For this project, we need 3 indestructible objects to avoid having demons break shit or venture where we dont want them. thankfully we have grates and floor hatches that are artefacts.

1-One grate protecting the bridge leading into the aquafier breach. dont want the demons to fly up somehow and disable this, creating infinite water leaks into the DOMCAVE (OR DO WE? KEEP THAT IN RESERVE AS PLAN B)
2-One floor hatch leading into the fortress so we can lur demons in, but seal it at the last second to stick them inside the trap. Can't have demons walk in the fortress. cant rely on lever manipulation to get timing right because this is a very tricky and dangerous bait we can't fuck up.

3-One grate leading into the third cavern for water flushing. Cant have demons break this, walk dosntairs and reach the fortress through a new cavern layern.

to finalize the plan, a pathway is built toward the aquafier. A bridge is made, then a grate placed. a dwarf digs straight into the aquafier, DIES HORRIBLY and we close the bridge to keep water there. finally, another dwarf goes downstairs, dig into the doomcave, and flees through the artefact grate. Hopefully demons walk toward the fortress, and the waterfall will send them plumetting to the bottom of the pit.

Wait, If we reclaim the spire and connect the flushing to fucking hell, we could technically dispose of water there, AN litterally crush demons against the floor of their own domicile. that's just so hilarious i have to risk this, fortress survival be damned.

YOLO

Dezzo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 07, 2016, 02:57:38 pm »

Dis gon be good.
incidentally are salt demons deadly allergic to water? Would make sense if they were.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 07, 2016, 07:41:52 pm »

I'm sure I've seen flame demons wrestle underwater so I wouldn't bet on it.

Dezzo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 08, 2016, 01:32:19 am »

Hmm... well flooding Hell should make for a good show either way!

Catsquidcat Overlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2016, 11:39:16 am »

BRING FORTH THE SPONGES, LET HELL DEAL WITH THAT. 

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2017, 09:35:32 pm »

i refuse to let this fizzle.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22