Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Vailant Piglet (spoiler alert)  (Read 1328 times)

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Vailant Piglet (spoiler alert)
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

The fortress of Rocktower was at war, not with the goblins, elves, or any other creature of nature, but something darker, whose evil has ran deeper than anything else in the world of mortal. It was a war they brought upon themselves, When the dwarves greed out ran the natural pace of the world and they dug for the forbidden metal at its core they unleashed a enemy few dare even mention, but the dwarves of rock tower were a clever If not ruthless lot, and devised a plan to combat the demons. through a sacrifice of a animal they would lead them into a trap were the dwarves would bring the very earth down upon there foe, and it worked.. with one exception. on the second strike the dwarves brought a piglet to the sacrifice. The piglet who would of lived life happy as a pet, now had his future ripped from him by the dwarves greed.
This brave little piglet understood his fate as bait and in a moment of nobility excepted it. He new of the evil that he would draw, of the trap the greedy dwarves had devised. He accepted it all, and when the demons charged up the adamantine shaft to feast on them did something in his nobility no one had planed for.
With a WarSqueal on his lips and valor in his heart this brave piglet charge out of the sacrifice niche and strait into the demon hoard. sending the demons in disarray and foiling the dwarves plans and machinations, and while this brave piglet died to the claws and flams of the evil clowns, and defied the dwarves hold on him, he will be remeber be remeber as a great hero of rocktowers untill all the towers crumble to dust.

OOC:

so heres what happened. i wanted the adamantine, so i went and devised several traps to defeat the clowns. the one i settled on was a cave in trap using natural stone and two bridges. i would lure the demons in using a animal i would have put in the little niche on the left using a pasture instead of a chain.
     when the demons entered the hallway i would order the bridges raised use a cave in with natural stone to kill them and reseal the hallway (in case the right hand bridge got destroyed), clean up, re prep, and repeat until the clown car was thinned out enough for the military to handle. the first time (with a bunny) worked beautifully, killed a sizable amount of clown, bridge wasn't broken, flawless. The second time... was when i use the Bravest little piglet.
     As soon as the demons entered the hallway, the piglet charged out of that niche right into them. this ruined the second go around, by stopping more demons from entering and to get crushed by the cave in, and put the first wave of demon in confusion (or that what i think happened, since he survived long enough to get some hits in), and forced me to fight the all the demons after the second wave with military.
While i did eventually defeat hell, it had cost me more casualty then i had hoped for.
    Even though this piglet ruined my plan, i can not help but respect him for not only charging those demons, but defying my attemot at throwing his life away as a sacrifice.
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: The Vailant Piglet (spoiler alert)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 11:54:58 pm »

Maybe some engraver or statue maker of some sort will remember the valiant piglet and hopefully it will not be art of it being struck down. The piglet striking a menacing pose would make a nice statue to put where he died.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:56:35 am »

For some reason this reminds me of Napoleon's speech on Snowball's bravery, after having him executed.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Hatty Hattington

• Bay Watcher
  • Buckle your pants,pull up your socks and dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 07:03:45 am »

Executed? Wasnt Snowball chased away but not killed? anyways its been a very long time since I last opened that book.
Your settlement has crumbled to its end.
Thanks Obama!

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:42:38 am »

Maybe some engraver or statue maker of some sort will remember the valiant piglet

unfortunately the brave little piglet didn't have a name, it was some live stock i am breeding in this fort. It would have been nice to be able to engrave something for it, or to make a memorial for it. i guess i can build another tower in its honor, something grand. with steel maybe.
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 01:01:10 pm »

Executed? Wasnt Snowball chased away but not killed? anyways its been a very long time since I last opened that book.

Ya he was chased away.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.