Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.09 Released  (Read 32011 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.09 Released
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 03:47:00 pm »

Regarding stuck flying creature, it was most of the underground creatures as well, once they got up on walls, and also some that got up in trees and so on.  I followed many different creatures off the map, so I think it is working now for all of the problem creatures.

I could probably use a few more saves to mess around with in the morale report (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7161).  A few pieces of it were fixed (with ambushes, hopefully), a few pieces are intended though they may be out of whack or badly articulated (strangers freaking out when you move at them with a drawn weapon, corpse fright, some peaceful bandits), and there are lots of plainly broken pieces -- I'll be able to work much faster to address the specific concerns people have with something concrete, since there are so many moving parts now and it's difficult to recreate the issues that are most annoying sometimes.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »

Yay!
So far my main issue with morale is bandits that stalk then ambush you but run in terror as soon as they see you.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 05:38:31 pm »

Yay!
So far my main issue with morale is bandits that stalk then ambush you but run in terror as soon as they see you.

Vampires and other critters do this too.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 06:17:21 pm »

Demons are cowardly too, which is stranger since they should be immune to morale from [NOFEAR]...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:20:45 pm by samanato »

Vindicator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »

Now just waiting for the morale and flier fix, and it will be excellent. (Remember all to mod natural discipline for civ races!)

Flying creatures were just now fixed for next release!

Praise Armok!  Time to spill some Kea blood 

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 01:19:51 am »

Something in the change from 0.40.08 to 0.40.09 seems to have greatly shortened the delay between ranged weapon attacks - crossbow users seem to machine gun out their quivers now. 1 shot every 10 steps/ticks, about the same time for a creature to walk one tile.

EDIT: since the bolt travels one tile per step/tick, the archers can now fire a second shot before the first hits the target, if the target is 10-20 tiles away. That is a pretty fast reload time.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:34:35 am by Urist Da Vinci »

dork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 01:54:05 am »

What's the point in leaving and reclaiming of fortresses, if goblins capture all of the fortresses for a couple of seasons?

greatconcavity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 04:15:12 am »

Something in the change from 0.40.08 to 0.40.09 seems to have greatly shortened the delay between ranged weapon attacks - crossbow users seem to machine gun out their quivers now. 1 shot every 10 steps/ticks, about the same time for a creature to walk one tile.

EDIT: since the bolt travels one tile per step/tick, the archers can now fire a second shot before the first hits the target, if the target is 10-20 tiles away. That is a pretty fast reload time.

That's true. Ranged weapons behave rather like gatling guns now, consuming all their enemies in a hellfire.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 08:32:16 am »

That's true. Ranged weapons behave rather like gatling guns now, consuming all their enemies in a hellfire.

Report here.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 11:29:46 am »

Huh, must have been the wagon fix.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 01:43:48 pm »

Because crossbow bolts are totally related to wagons.
*contented sigh* I love this game.  :D

Hey Toady, I read on the news that you were chasing a crash error possibly connected to surgery. I had mentioned a few releases back that I zoned a hospital without any beds and an injured dwarf crawled to the zone and sat in the upper left corner. I built some beds, but he was never moved to one. They diagnosed him fine while he sat on the floor, but when it came time for surgery, he teleported to a table nearby and the game crashed.

I hope this helps some. It was for an older release and not save compatible with newer releases, so I didn't know if I should report with the older save or attempt to recreate it in a newer fort.

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 01:58:22 pm »

Hey Toady, I read on the news that you were chasing a crash error possibly connected to surgery. I had mentioned a few releases back that I zoned a hospital without any beds and an injured dwarf crawled to the zone and sat in the upper left corner. I built some beds, but he was never moved to one. They diagnosed him fine while he sat on the floor, but when it came time for surgery, he teleported to a table nearby and the game crashed.

I hope this helps some. It was for an older release and not save compatible with newer releases, so I didn't know if I should report with the older save or attempt to recreate it in a newer fort.

The surgery crash was just fixed, so it's a moot point now.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 03:23:06 pm »

I'll just pretend you said:

"Hey thanks for that suggestion, but we found the problem this morning. Sorry we missed your post from the earlier release. It probably would have made finding this bug much faster. We appreciate your help and look forward to any more issues you may find. :)"

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 06:46:35 pm »

I'll just pretend you said:

"Hey thanks for that suggestion, but we found the problem this morning. Sorry we missed your post from the earlier release. It probably would have made finding this bug much faster. We appreciate your help and look forward to any more issues you may find. :)"

That's kind of assuming a lot, isn't it?  You don't know whether or not anyone saw your post earlier nor if it would have made finding the bug any faster if they did.

In any case, if you want to make sure Toady sees things like that, you should post them up on the bug tracker, not in the forums.

Also, Footkerchief is just another forum member like you.  He doesn't work for Toady or anything, so "we" isn't really a pronoun he would use there.  He just follows the development blog, forum, and bug tracker reports to see what Toady is up to, like the rest of us.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:48:32 pm by HiEv »
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4