Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Cabal! OOC and Recruitment.  (Read 5838 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cabal! OOC and Recruitment.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2014, 03:09:06 am »

Geographical question: Is the capital by the sea? If not, Amon has travelled in from the coast so that line makes sense. You just had to get everything going while I slept.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2014, 05:04:31 pm »

An app in waiting, in case one of you guys meets an untimely end.

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2014, 09:40:59 pm »

Yes the Capital is in fact by the sea. It is also due south of the medium sized river the Tyre, and adjacent to the semi-walled King's Forest which the king keeps well stocked with game for hunts and the like.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:47:55 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 02:50:33 pm »

I think I need to start keeping a list of all the 'vague allusion in conversation to method of torture' ideas I'm coming up with. Just waiting for a chance to use them. Oh, I'm gonna love playing this character.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 02:52:55 pm »

Just don't do anything that needs a large crane. We can't really hide one of those :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 03:24:11 pm »

I don't care at all about effectiveness, I just love writing these threats-slash-genuine-wonderings.

A crane? Oh, Taric, you give me so many ideas.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 03:55:14 pm »

As a note DH you already failed to bring irregulars. Further attempts wont work. Unless Taricus releases them.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2014, 04:02:16 pm »

I'm just gonna post a PTW here so I don't clutter up the IC thread.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2014, 04:11:24 pm »

As a note DH you already failed to bring irregulars. Further attempts wont work. Unless Taricus releases them.

Fair enough. As another note, I'll be sleeping now, so try not to rush things along too much while I can't react.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2014, 05:47:45 pm »

Nirur yes your character is an idiot, but how did you expect to practice an offensive necromantic spell without a live person to test it on? Can't precisely flesh rot or soulstrike a straw filled dummy.

I hope everyones enjoying so far.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2014, 05:59:52 pm »

Character: Ziv Mortis

Race : Human

Background: Born in a rather wealthy merchant family, Ziv knew already as child what he wants to do with his life. His first wound, a cut over his forearm, made him not bawl or cry for his mother, but made him sit down and study what happened. Poking into his skin, his fingers soon were soiled by blood and he observed with extreme satisfaction how it clotted and sealed off the cut. He scratched off the scab, seeing it bleed again. He waited until it clotted again and... Just to be sure, scratched it off again.

He found out his true passion on this faithful day. Studying life. How it functions. How it can be mended when injured. How it can die, how it can slowly wither away under disease and wounds. How it can be modified. What does affect the body, what does not, what happens when you remove the liver from a man?

All these questions he wants to answer, his all-consuming desire for knowledge about anatomy, life, decay, illness and vigour determining the pace of his life. His parents sponsored his education to a medicus. He learnt the contemporaneous methods of stitching men and women back together, how to treat the illnesses an organism can suffer. But this was not enough. Crude knowledge, tainted by superstition, prayers to spirits and gods. Thought out answers to properties. No, he wanted more. He wanted to understand life in its pure, raw essence. He wanted to learn the blueprints of a human body. He wanted to learn what lies behind the veil of death and how the body turns back to life.

He tested. On animals. Humans. Poisoned wells. Writing down the effects of plagues on people, let their bodies die slowly off, not helping them. He was shunned by his own peers. A madman. An eccentric.

One day he recognized an organization hiding in the darkness. The cabal. A place where he can study the black arts, can do his experiments. Wield magic to know more about himself, the people around him, nature itself. He will wield life itself as a brush, the world his canvas.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2014, 06:06:23 pm »

Nirur yes your character is an idiot, but how did you expect to practice an offensive necromantic spell without a live person to test it on? Can't precisely flesh rot or soulstrike a straw filled dummy.

Animals.

I see no basis for my character deciding that combat magic is the most important thing ever, both since my first action was to try to get a fear spell usable in non-combat situations and my character creation post had me preferring not combat oriented magic. Unless dark magic actually has degenerative mental effects or something .. We should test that!

The statement that my character is an idiot was more about the "Still, you now know for a fact that you can use magic in a combat situation" line. Give my meatself a gun and a few hours of practice, and it won't much change my fight-or-flight response. Even if it did, my practice range accuracy would be much better than my combat accuracy. Being able to recite poetry in sign language, or whatever your magic system requires, while being charged by three guys with swords, is not really something my character should be claiming to be able to do just because he can do so to a helpless victim. I'm not sure where I'm trying to go with this, since I'm not trying to invalidate my turn.

I hope everyones enjoying so far.
Yes. I just like complaining.

Character: Ziv Mortis
The Mortis family of merchants: Trustworthy folk.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2014, 06:10:44 pm »

May be not his real name.

Considering Ziv means "Life", his name is literally Life Death.

I'm creative, dohoho!

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2014, 05:13:30 pm »

Study healing magic in the Cair's library.

I was under the impression that only Cair scholars could access the Cair library?
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2014, 06:12:15 pm »

What even is the Cair? Nothing's been posted about it other than that our leader works there and that it has a library with healing and elementalism magic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6