Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Cabal! OOC and Recruitment.  (Read 5840 times)

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
Re: The Cabal! OOC and Recruitment.
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:37 pm »

Yeah, some of the more detailed setting information is being dispensed through the IRC channel, usually because it's quicker and easier to ask questions on it. Anyways, IIRC, the Cair is a gathering of prestigious scholars in Verania. While some certainly do study magic, I got the impression that most of them aren't specialized enough to really be called mages. I think they might also have their own academy? Or at least come from one? That's probably where the name "Cair" comes from. I didn't probe too deeply into that since I'm mostly a warrior rather than a scholar or mage (even if I call myself a spellblade), so I probably wouldn't know too much about it anyway. If you like, though, you can hop onto freenode and ask away. The channel most of us hang around is #YaK4, which I think Terenos mentioned before.

(Also, I don't think either Darius or Maldarion are our leaders. Nargoth seems to fit the bill better, but even he's a bit too distant. I like to think we're more of a coalition.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:40:49 am by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2014, 11:34:10 pm »

Indeed the Cair is an academy of sorts, where learned men and women gather their knowledge. There is a chance you'd be able to use it. It hasnt yet been determined if its free to use for the public.

Note to self, whenever I info dump on the people in the IRC, post it here.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2014, 07:39:39 pm »

Hey. Listen. If this dies due to players not posting their turns, I'm going to make my own game with a really great premise. I'll update once every two months, declaring each time how sorry I am and that I'll do better this time.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2014, 01:31:43 am »

Well, due to unforeseen events, I wasn't able to post anything for the last couple of days. I should be able to rectify that now though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2014, 04:02:46 am »

Ah, sorry - I've been busy and must've missed the game updating.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2014, 04:17:08 am »

Don't worry about it Nirur. Interest hasnt died down.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2014, 06:53:54 am »

Out of interest, how much are those Favors worth, roughly speaking? Or is that something we should find out in the game?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2014, 03:24:21 pm »

You should indeed find out in game. Requesting resources from Nargoth would be one way to go about things.

Or perhaps there are others! Who knows? It is a resource, try spending it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2014, 03:59:11 pm »

I changed part of my action, from rat flesh-golem to studying general magic and helping the others study magic. Hopefully I'm not stretching myself too thin here.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2014, 05:32:43 am »

With you changing to study, we'll have too many people in the library, actually... Perhaps you could consider using the Cair's instead?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2014, 02:22:26 pm »

Alright, I didn't realize our library was quite that small. I'll change my turn back.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2014, 05:10:48 pm »

Didn't realize you restarted this... sort of. :(.

I kinda miss my old character. Might do someone similar if you have a wait-list and don't mind.

Edit: Not entirely similar btw, just a couple things. I want this character to be a bit less lucid and with a different background but similar appearance maybe.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:20:23 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2014, 02:31:46 am »

Kill each other faster please.  I want in.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2014, 03:10:51 am »

Kill each other faster please.  I want in.

I think it would be better if I dropped out, Tere. I like this game and I have evil, evil plans for the future, but time management is becoming an issue. I don't want to hold things down while there are others with more time and energy.

That said, if possible I'd like to be put off-screen for a while instead of killed of, in case I have more time in the future and there's a spot open (IC, visiting the family or on Cabal business, maybe). If not, that's fine too. Point is, I can't give this game the focus it needs right now.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2014, 02:00:34 pm »

I can indeed move you offscreen. Your machinations will take place within the shadows sir elf!

And now I must select a new player from the list of Waiting, and make them a character. Stay tuned!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6