Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You Are A Wizard, I Suppose.  (Read 6101 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Wizard, I Suppose.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:04 pm »

I suppose. But likely only partially organic with the other part being pure energy. You know, since potion magic comes from the ingredients wouldn't muggles be able to make any potion not requiring a charm.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:39:11 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 02:42:52 pm »

I run on the belief that the Potterverse is merely an out-of control Zelretch prank. Either Zelretch released a highly selective disease that gave everyone affected an extremely bastardized mix of Wishcraft and Kaleidoscope powers to see what would happen if a high amount of people had access to True Magic or he impregnated a human woman with magical dragon sperm in order to emulate King Arturia's way of generating prana. But, in all seriousness, the beauty of the Potterverse is that is all how you interpret it. Due to the Potterverse magic being completely based on the belief that you can indeed do whatever you're trying to do, which I might add is possibly the reason why everyone in the Wizarding World that can do magic is somewhat arrogant, you can't really define magic with hard scientific facts. I mean, we're about a world where we have lawn gnomes that fill in the role of weeds and rhinoceri that spontaneously blow themselves up.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 03:48:41 pm »

I like definable magic. The magic system in Mistborn for example is a very very very good magic system.

Longterm character goal~ Define Magic~

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 03:59:23 pm »

I like definable magic. The magic system in Mistborn for example is a very very very good magic system.

Longterm character goal~ Define -then abuse knowledge of- Magic~
FTFY
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 04:14:47 pm »

Nirlak Valhulkrik.
Werewolf
Currently magical although we make occasional excursions to the muggleland to mess with a few peoples.
It is 2087.

I like this.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 04:19:45 pm »

Hmm. Can we get "Year 49XX"?

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 04:23:32 pm »

If you had an idea to go along with it, then... yes. Be pretty funny to see the machines rebel and the only safe place is the Magical World which kills all electronics. :P

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 04:32:57 pm »

the year is 49XX, the machines have taken over, and lost to humanity, subsequently, civilization begins to rebuild itself, and the magical community does as well. With energy cores providing a seemingly endless source of energy, their mysterious origins are explored by new world scientists, but there is a missing element, One that they simply cannot comprehend. The World of magic assembles itself once more in secret, starting with teaching young wizards and witches the ancient arts, lost to the ages. With some people taking up mechanical bodies with organic brains, and other such mechanical augmentations, magic itself has altered itself to accommodate, in a world where gasoline is a precious substance, Energy by way of rare mysterious cores is limitless, Strange machines lie dormant wielding the most powerful cores, and magic as if by magic has remained secret, our hero awakes another day, receiving a letter that claims there exists a school of magic, maybe, just maybe, It just might...

Sounds like a good enough premise?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:35:10 pm by Shadestyle »

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 04:50:35 pm »

If people want it, I can run with it. I'm asking for the year so that I can make proper inferences on Muggle-Magical technological diffusion and innovation.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 04:54:26 pm »

the year is 49XX, the machines have taken over, and lost to humanity, subsequently, civilization begins to rebuild itself, and the magical community does as well. With energy cores providing a seemingly endless source of energy, their mysterious origins are explored by new world scientists, but there is a missing element, One that they simply cannot comprehend. The World of magic assembles itself once more in secret, starting with teaching young wizards and witches the ancient arts, lost to the ages. With some people taking up mechanical bodies with organic brains, and other such mechanical augmentations, magic itself has altered itself to accommodate, in a world where gasoline is a precious substance, Energy by way of rare mysterious cores is limitless, Strange machines lie dormant wielding the most powerful cores, and magic as if by magic has remained secret, our hero awakes another day, receiving a letter that claims there exists a school of magic, maybe, just maybe, It just might...

This sounds really interesting. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:44:15 am by Noel.se »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 05:03:54 pm »

Th

This sounds really interesting. :)
This sounds funs~

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 05:39:32 am »

If you had an idea to go along with it, then... yes. Be pretty funny to see the machines rebel and the only safe place is the Magical World which kills all electronics. :P
I never got that part either. Radios seem to function better in conjunction with magic.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 05:53:46 pm »

Why did I get Megaman flashbacks with the 49xx? It's a couple thousand years and then some after the events of the game.

Also, inb4 Kevak designs yet another Trap character or one of a similar vein.
PTW.
Take a closer look at this text!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 06:27:16 pm »

Also, inb4 Kevak designs yet another Trap character or one of a similar vein.

And i Helped!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2014, 06:22:35 am »

I actually suggested a not trap character~ Twas Shade's idea~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4