Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Tibia) Should I be ashamed...  (Read 2405 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Tibia) Should I be ashamed...
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:34:47 pm »

Been playing Tibia for about a month now and payed for Premium yesterday.

Should I be ashamed!!! :( It is...Tibia...

On the bright side, I find it way more fun than any modern MMO. And I'm in a pretty good group/guild...

I guess as long as I'm having fun, right? :P

Like I said,every modern MMO I've tried ends up being so bad. Its either 100% PvP with horrible PvE and more like a deathmatch CoD clone...or 100% PvE themepark Everquest clone with the worst PvP ever.

I did do a hardcore PvP server on Tibia. And I get amazing PvE, with amazing PvP...something no modern MMO has. PvP isn't all ganking either (though like old UO, it happens)...but I already renting a house, and have backup equipment in storage. And like I said, in a really good group of people. I do get killed, and death is quite a set back...but I haven't encountered it much, and mostly escape or avoid it all together.

Server is Dolera by the way, and character is Baelzharon (anyone get that reference? Best boss in any game (it was an MMO) ever.)

And unlike modern MMOs that segregate their population...I've met people from all over the world. :) One lives in Africa (but hasn't said what part for privacy reasons), some in the middle east, a few in Russia...all over...old MMOs didn't segregate their population, so I find this great. Its why I mostly choose Europe servers (as NA), in other MMOs...because it is more diverse on them.

Anyway, I'm having fun. But it is Tibia...I feel ashamed. :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Tibia) Should I be ashamed...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:36:18 pm »

If your having fun your having fun.

The MMORPG that I found the most fun was Dungeon fighter online... and I am sure people bad mouth that all the time.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:20:00 pm »

If you like it, you like it and screw everyone else :P Hell, I play World of Warcraft, one of the most hated MMOs for serious RPG players, but I like it well enough.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:36:16 pm »

Tibia has been one of my favorite gaming experiences ever. I've played it on and off for about 12 years, starting when I was 10. The open world pvp and the harsh death penalty make it really exciting, though I can't stand the grind anymore :c

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:49:49 pm »

Never heard of Tibia. Am I out of the loop or is it just too obscure for commoners like me? Either way, if you're enjoying it stick with it.

The MMORPG that I found the most fun was Dungeon fighter online... and I am sure people bad mouth that all the time.
Please direct me to them so that I can beat them up. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »

As far as I can see it's just a really old MMORPG.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 06:23:38 pm »

As far as I can see it's just a really old MMORPG.

Yeah, it is a really old MMO.

Tibia is actually a lot like old UO in a lot of ways...at least that is what it reminds me of the most.

I also still play Ultima 7 :) But that game is awesome, no shame there :P Funny it has better AI than most games do and it is older than the internet itself (okay not quite, but you get the point). :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 07:36:01 pm »

As people say, if its fun to you, then keep at it. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Tibea is indeed a really old mmo, didn't know it was still going either. As for DFO, I do miss that one from time to time. My connection was crummy and I lagged more often than not, but during the lagless moments it was awesome fun. I saw something awhile back that some other company was picking it up to do a global server with, since Nexon closed their server.

Detharon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 02:20:29 pm »

Well, I played it when it was generally unknown, and most players were that time were rather mature. I liked the well designed maps, where easy and hard critters were mixed together, so it required some skill and knowledge not to die and make some profit. Oh, and I also liked trading with other people. Hash death penalties didn't make it any easier. It was fun because it was hard, something that modern games avoid.

Later on, Tibia was made fun of because of its terrible (and very young) playerbase, I stopped playing long before it happened, but overall I'd say it was quite enjoyable, so nothing to be ashamed of.