Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 111323 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Mass Transit DLC!
« Reply #705 on: October 31, 2017, 03:50:53 am »

theres so much in the way of dlc they could do with this game that is just begging to be done

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #706 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01:25 am »

Yeah

When I first played Cities: Skylines, my first thought was "this game needs more traffic-related logistical problems"
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 01, 2017, 02:51:30 pm »

Yeah

When I first played Cities: Skylines, my first thought was "this game needs more traffic-related logistical problems"
I thought the mass transit DLC/patch made the traffic smarter?

Also, it always seemed like the only real traffic problems I had were the endless army of trucks hauling random shit to and from my industrial zones.  Giving industry trains and boats never really helped either, as there would just be a massive line of trucks waiting to hop on the train/boat.  The residential only really went to and from work really.

Also, you can build farms, but it just means people bitch about it on twitter.  Never understood the point.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 01, 2017, 04:56:59 pm »

My traffic problems with Cities have usually been the lines at highway intersections and the hundreds of people waiting for one bus at half the bus stops in the city.

Farms use more water and create more ground pollution(or less, more pollution might have been SimCity4) than normal industry, but provides slightly higher income. On the other hand, it seems to require uneducated workers, so if you have very good education expect to have problems staffing them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 01, 2017, 05:15:06 pm »

Farms use more water and create more ground pollution(or less, more pollution might have been SimCity4) than normal industry, but provides slightly higher income. On the other hand, it seems to require uneducated workers, so if you have very good education expect to have problems staffing them.

I'm not questioning the function of farms, it just seems that whenever I build them citizens complain about them on the in-game twitter.  Seems to happen regardless of how the farms are performing.

Although they do often have employment problems.  I always assumed it was because I would put them way out on the outskirts, and civs would rather take uneducated jobs closer in the city than outside it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 07, 2017, 05:32:29 pm »

For anyone curious, Humble Bundle $10 tier now contains Cities Skylines Deluxe something, and a bunch of other games that are always in every bundle.

EDIT: I don't think it contains any DLC tho.

EDIT2: srsly, at this point might be cheaper to wait for a Steam sale for 75% off or something. Disregard.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:39:19 pm by Sergius »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 08, 2017, 04:28:07 am »

I'm not questioning the function of farms, it just seems that whenever I build them citizens complain about them on the in-game twitter.  Seems to happen regardless of how the farms are performing.

Although they do often have employment problems.  I always assumed it was because I would put them way out on the outskirts, and civs would rather take uneducated jobs closer in the city than outside it.
I believe it's part of the deal that no matter what you build, some people will complain about it on chirper.  I considered it a stab at social media.  I recall a city starting out almost completely powered by wind farms, and people complained about that on chirper too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 08, 2017, 12:19:25 pm »

Kind of reminds me of how you could have 0% taxes in SimCity 3000 and sometimes the people would still complain about the taxes being too high.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #713 on: January 23, 2018, 12:25:35 am »

I don't understand why the developers are so proud of chirper. I think they intentionally break the mods that kill it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 23, 2018, 05:27:39 am »

A shame they don't spend more time on more important parts of the game...makes me sad that that there is no wealth levels, things like trees don't block noise, etc.

But hey...we are getting awesome DLC...like...shitty music venues

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #715 on: October 21, 2018, 05:15:40 pm »

So, new Industry DLC coming out soon!

Also some of the prior gripes have been resolved, such as trees blocking noise now. I'm enjoying the hell out of the game now, lots of new stuff to play with. Parks are interesting to design, for example. I have a nice zoo that draws a lot of tourists.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!
« Reply #716 on: October 21, 2018, 11:01:29 pm »

I noticed the ad for it on Paradox's forums the other day and was curious, but not curious enough to click the ad.  Is there a handy link to a set of new features?  Custom parks sound pretty cool, if that's something they're adding.

I need to look back over the DLC I have and what's available.  I really enjoyed it years ago when I first got it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 22, 2018, 02:10:43 pm »

My favorite Irish youtuber acquired a shill copy of the Industries expansion. If you want a poorly-explained demonstration of some of the new features, check it out!

Expanding Cities Skylines by destroying Norway with Oil Industries

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 22, 2018, 03:05:12 pm »

My favorite Irish youtuber acquired a shill copy of the Industries expansion. If you want a poorly-explained demonstration of some of the new features, check it out!

Expanding Cities Skylines by destroying Norway with Oil Industries

And if you want a reviewer whom actually reviews the expansion, Lazy Game Reviews is my go-to channel for games like Skylines.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 22, 2018, 03:38:24 pm »

I just started the RTgame video up, and once again it's apparent just how European the devs are. Toll booths? Where I live you just drive on the road full speed and the transponder does all the work. I guess they can't have that for balancing reasons or something?

Bits like this extend to other parts of the game, granted I'm not super into these games but it was quite noticeable when I played. Things like the lack of yield signs, no right turn on red (or left for left hand drive), and how drivers are actually relatively courteous from what I saw. Where's the setting to enable American driving, where rotaries are foreign and will cause traffic problems? Hell, I've seen tiny rotaries going into a shopping plaza that have stumped people and they're only 1 lane, I can only imagine what adding more lanes would do.

With that rambling aside, I'm going to watch the video now. He made some other dumb videos which were pretty funny. The one road challenge should not have worked.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50