Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 110548 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!
« Reply #735 on: October 25, 2018, 11:55:43 pm »

Kinda like the way Tropico made it so that the score was in part determined by how much money you can embezzle from the nation's coffers.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 27, 2018, 05:02:58 am »

I like the idea of "politics" or other more realistic restrictions. I am still waiting for wealth levels though. It baffles me that they don't represent wealth. That is a HUGE part of socio-economic models, cities, and how they are made. These cities are all strange utopias where everyone has money no matter what....no homelessness or anything of that sort.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 27, 2018, 07:53:33 am »

i wish day and night would have more... meaning? well even be more logical would be great... also them money sliders... i remember a play some time ago i reduced education to 50% at night... and then everyone always screamed at night they dont have education. its so stupid. but maybe they patched it by now? because before there wasnt really much logic in reducing stuff over night.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #738 on: October 27, 2018, 08:18:21 am »

I use the 'real time' mod which gives day/night incredible variance. People go to work/school in the mornings, you have rush hours and lunch rushes, weekends, etc

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1420955187&searchtext=real+time
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:25:31 am by forsaken1111 »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 27, 2018, 11:09:12 am »

i wish day and night would have more... meaning? well even be more logical would be great... also them money sliders... i remember a play some time ago i reduced education to 50% at night... and then everyone always screamed at night they dont have education. its so stupid. but maybe they patched it by now? because before there wasnt really much logic in reducing stuff over night.

That is part of why I think the day/night sliders are stupid as a whole...yes there are mods to give them meaning...but most of them are best set to low as possible at night with the exception of maybe death services to handle death waves (fixed in other mods too)

Why the hell do we need mods to fix these basic issues?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #740 on: November 30, 2018, 07:37:38 pm »

Who wants a steam key for Cities: Skylines + After Dark DLC? I already own it, got a spare in the monthly bundle. Post here asking for it and it's all yours.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 30, 2018, 08:26:20 pm »

Who wants a steam key for Cities: Skylines + After Dark DLC? I already own it, got a spare in the monthly bundle. Post here asking for it and it's all yours.

Is it possible to just get the DLC? I already have the base game... If it's not possible I'd be more than happy to pass :) Thank you!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #742 on: November 30, 2018, 08:27:18 pm »

Is it possible to just get the DLC? I already have the base game... If it's not possible I'd be more than happy to pass :) Thank you!
Unfortunately the way it was given it's a single steam key for both, otherwise I'd gladly split them up.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 03, 2018, 12:35:23 am »

I'd be happy to take that key if you still have it!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #744 on: December 03, 2018, 06:39:57 am »

Sure, I'll PM you.

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 04, 2018, 11:01:03 am »

Still waiting for a dlc that allow us to play a whole region with cities connected to each other (like Sim City 4) or that at least, on the same map, give us way to build villages in a countryside around the main town.

Granted, nothing prevent the last point, but nothing really help it too (no very low density zone, no countryside specifics buildings, if you don't go in the steam workshop...).

Oh, and a residential zone between low a high would be cool. Town are either skyscraper or individual residence. I want cities with 2 story buildings, connected to each other (without modding ! )

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 04, 2018, 11:29:54 am »

Sure, I'll PM you.

Awesome, thank you.

Now I'm gonna wait for sales to get the better DLCs.

Any suggestions which DLCs to avoid and which ones to prioritize? Park Life is probably one of the most customizable ones.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 04, 2019, 09:56:43 pm »

I personally chose to avoid radio packs, content packs, snowfall, disasters, and concerts.

Radio packs are literally just music...I tend to listen to my own in the background.

content packs just adds alternate versions of a handful of buildings and almost nothing else. Essentially just a few modded buildings. Get mods instead.

Snowfall seems pretty cool but in reality it only works on specific maps (where it is literally snowing all the time, no real seasons).

Disasters doesn't seem to work like it should. Disasters don't add much other than being annoying by wiping out large parts of your city which you then have to rebuild by hand. You also have the option to build things like disaster shelters to save lives...but if everyone loses their homes and/or work places in a disaster they end up leaving your city anyways so they serve literally no purpose.

Concerts is just a gimmicky little thing similar to sports stadiums. Stadiums are free though...concerts DLC costs you and adds very little.

The rest are pretty good.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 07, 2019, 12:22:48 am »

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind next time I get DLCs.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 21, 2020, 11:41:11 am »

Paradox is giving away the DLC Cities Skylines: Parklife.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/255710/view/3431122876670907809

Some hoops have to be jumped thru, such as subscribing to the newsletter, adding Skylines to said newsletter, linking the Steam account and waiting.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]