Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issue with the forum text sizes on mobile browser  (Read 1017 times)

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Issue with the forum text sizes on mobile browser
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:47:34 am »

So I recently upgraded to a new phone, Samsung Galaxy S5, and a bit more recently returned to hang out at the forums here, on my PC& laptop but also with the phone, on which I usually use the default browser.

In short, my problem is this (that is, that which is to follow, is my problem etc. etc.): Some text is pretty tiny, some is readable as normal. I think it's because some of it respects the browser's text scaling setting and some doesn't. Or the browser fails at resizing some of it due to an unknown (to me) reason.

Small text includes: people' names/stats in the left bar), post titles and time stamps (those are not a problem), some posts' body text (is the problem).
Ok-size text that respects text scaling (i.e. I change the text scaling and this text changed it's size): Practically all text in signatures (my guess is all signature text that doesn't have a set font size), some posts' body text.

You'll notice "some posts' body text" was on both sides... any ideas where the problem is? Is this a known issue?

I checked quickly with Chrome on this phone to see if it has the same issue, or if it works fine. Didn't see any wonky text, so I guess I'll move to using that, or just suffer through the slight annoyance of tiny text (which I *can* read at the default zoom, but not comfortably).

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Issue with the forum text sizes on mobile browser
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 02:39:46 am »

I use S4, and the small text thing sometimes happen for post bodies too, or Reddit post texts changing size.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 02:43:41 am »

use wap if you don't already

all size is same

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 02:15:36 pm »

use wap if you don't already

all size is same

Now that's a blast from the past, wouldn't have guessed there's a wap version of the forums... Chrome seems to have worked so far (although I'm writing this from my laptop, not the phone).