Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Camp and lair on prickleberry field  (Read 1428 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Camp and lair on prickleberry field
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:44:39 am »

My adventure visited a hamlet recently. It was a  rich one. Though many houses are ruins, the intact ones are all with cabinets and bags of berries and rope reeds piled in a corner. There was even a platinum cabinet in one of them.

The interesting part was that, there was bandit camp set up just on the northwestern prickleberry field! When my adventurer snuck towards, he found a lair right within the camp! However, the werecreature down there was already struck down by a pikeman who stood calmly by the corpse. My adventurer then fought the bandit, on the neatly furrowed prickleberry field, and trampled some prickleberries in the process. Villagers never seem to even take a look at their crops, though.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Camp and lair on prickleberry field
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:30:04 pm »

Indeed they don't. Bandits and scouts tend to wander the fields readily, though. I've seen lairs in hamlets before in previous versions, and I'm not sure if its a bug or intended behavior. Haven't seen a lair and a camp right on top of one-another though. The lair was actually within the camp, not just adjacent to it?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:13:41 pm »

They are not adjacent to each other. They occupy the same tile on fast-travel map, and the same 3x3 tile on enlarged fast-travel map.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:06:01 am »

... somewhat on the subject, are you able to collect/eat the crops? Seems like raiding fields may well be a good source of provisions, if so!
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 09:55:10 am »

Usually you can only burn them, but with the new update you can pick the leaves of certain plants (spinach comes to mind) and eat those.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 10:42:14 pm »

This is a .34 game, where one cannot perform plant gathering or harvesting as an adventurer.

But in .40, I'm sure that you can pick up crops, and some of them are edible.