Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ⊕Creepycaverns⊕ Added creatures, make the caverns that bit more flavoursome.  (Read 9395 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile

Minor update, added cave squid and ocotopi, along with their giant counterparts. Octopi might harass your fisherdwarves. :D

Awesome! As I said, though, more ocean and river creature adaptations could be quite amazing given how dang hard it is to find an ocean with stuffs~
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:46:08 am by Kyubee »
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile

seems interesting, I'll check it out later...

Quick question though... How good would you say you are at modding creatures? I need help with adding a few custom beings to my mod.
I'm willing to help you fix any mistakes you make, or offer advice but I'm not going to go making creatures for you ;) Unless they're for my own mod that is.

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. It's been awhile since I had the raws I used for the colossi I attempted to make. The goal, was to make colossi made out of the metals added in my mod, with varying hostility to dwarves based off of the metals they were made of. I don't remember the exact issue I was having, so I'll have to attempt to recreate those raws from scratch again.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile

Update, new entities! See OP for deets.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile

How about Rust Monsters from D&D?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile

How about Rust Monsters from D&D?
I'll admit I was considering it, but there's no way for them to actually "rust" iron as interactions don't work that way.

On another note, update! Added cave fae, which use illusions to terrify any threats that might chance upon them (like a swordsdwarf) as well as cursing dwarves with baldness (bad thoughts and loss of hair), will-o-the-wisp which explode into flames if you kill them, and I also added cave goblins which are remarkably stupid, stunted goblins led by an upper caste of hobgoblins (hairy goblins - have normal intelligence) that swarm underground.

FridayBiology

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how do i add this to my lazynewbpack dwarf fortress and does it matter what version?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile

how do i add this to my lazynewbpack dwarf fortress and does it matter what version?
Hey, I know nothing about LNP I'm afraid. To install it normally just copy the data and raw folder into the appropriate place in your dwarf fortress folder. It will not overwrite anything.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile

I think I found a bug!

when Glowmoths are down in your caverns, if you scroll down, you can find their glowing icons even when the caverns havent been breached and discovered. Though, I enjoy using this bug,, I'm sure theres no way to fix it, due to how the glowing tags work.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github

Awesome mod, I'm planning to do something similar OP.

Just a bug I know about: Underground civs ignore the creatures depth, so your dark elves randomly appear throughout cavern 1-3.

Is this still the case?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile

Cavern civ bug still exists and the glowing bug also exists but I'm a lazy college student so if somebody wants to let Toady know of its existance go wild. I'm abandoning this due to studies so if anybody wants to use this mod for anything you've my permission

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hi Godlysockpuppet. If you have no objections, I would like to include some of your creepy cavern creatures into W&M. With credit of course.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile

I'm gonna use your mod as framework for my MtG mod since you said I could put your stuff in my past mod, you retired this one, and your mods content is just too cool to let die!

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this mod have things that will cause Dwarves to experience mental anguish from a long distance through stone? I have this mod in my current play pack (DA II + Fort Def II + This) and in my current fort, my dwarves are constantly suffering terror, fright and agony at mental anguish, but there is nothing on the map or under Units (or in reports) that I can see that would cause this O_O
Pages: 1 [2]