Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having trouble running parallel automatic custom reactions  (Read 1157 times)

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Having trouble running parallel automatic custom reactions
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:30:50 am »

I have some reactions set up to process stuff automatically. They work perfectly fine when ordered up on their own, and work automatically as intended, but only on one instance of the custom workshop at a time.

I noticed the loom does not have any problems queing more than one weave thread at a time in parallel workshops, so I am assuming that yet again I have missed something here  ???.

Workshop:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Having trouble running parallel automatic custom reactions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 01:12:38 pm »

In version 0.40.06, Toady apparently changed it so AUTOMATIC jobs would only get added at one workshop at a time, presumably in order to reduce the spammy job cancellations that result when a single input item becomes available and multiple workshops all try to process it at the same time. It's possible that Toady over-nerfed it, though...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble running parallel automatic custom reactions
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 03:10:26 pm »

ARGGGGGG...   :-\

Well, at least it can still auto in 1 at a time (good to have a skilled thresher in this case). Good to know what I can't fix, so I can just work with current state.

Personally I just ignore the cancellation spam (turned it off in soundsense too) and just check up on it if it looks like there's a ton and cancel the manager order.

Thanks again for your help, I gotta do a little bit more polish on my baby, but shes almost ready  :D