Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help?  (Read 1146 times)

Lord Dalek

• Bay Watcher
  • NOVICE MODDER: MODS MAY BE CRAP.
    • View Profile
Help?
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:47:25 pm »

Is it possible, in Adventure mode, to cut down trees if you have an axe? If so, can you build with the logs you get? If not, can anyone give me the name of a mod that expands a lot on adventure mode? I would like to be able to Role-play a person who, in claiming some land, builds a fortress of some form on the newly claimed land. Possibly, even, building a city with other people.

I know the above is likely unfeasible, but I would like to be able to mine, cut down trees, and build in adventure mode.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:08:28 pm »

You cannot cut down trees or mine in a standard game. You could make mock reactions that allow your adventurer to generate materials such as stone though.

DFHack had a script in the previous version called adv-fort, which allowed your adventurer to do Fort Mode jobs, which included mining and building. Though this quote should explain what is going on with the script at the moment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For Adventure Mode oriented mods, the first one to come to mind is the Wanderer's Friend and DF Wanderer, which is a more updated version of WF.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Help?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:34:24 pm »

I have tried using the advfort plugin in 40.08, and it does not appear to support cutting down the new trees yet.  Every time I tried it complained that "this job only works on trees" or something like that. 

I also was unable to get digging to work, but maybe I don't know what I am doing.  I equipped a pick, selected dig, and then alt-moved into a sandy wall.  There was no error message, and the advfort menu message changed to "dig in progress" or something like that.  I tried pressing "." a bunch of times to continue the job, but after maybe 50 presses nothing happened.  Maybe I did something wrong, or didn't wait long enough, or maybe it isn't working yet in this version.