Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Requiem OoC Thread  (Read 6418 times)

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: Requiem OoC Thread
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:43:24 pm »

Fire Emblem: Requiem

The old times are long gone - but many still recount the tales of the forming of Rivesca. When the dragons arrived from a distant land they found a land almost untouched. They found the first human dwellers of Rivesca, and using their superiority, claimed them as slaves. For many years humans were oppressed and used by their dragon overlords, before an uprising by a young female mage called Fayne Slara was able to claim the power of the creators of Rivesca to save humanity, with the spell Pallas Leia. Her, with her companions, was able to liberate humanity and send the rest of the dragons flying from Rivesca, never to return. It is said that every old nation was formed after the name of Fayne and her companions - Slaria stands proudly as the magical height of power. While many of the nations have suffered wars, most of the larger nations remain in relative peace despite their immediate past. Humanity itself has almost become their own masters - they have fought against nature and themselves to be where they are today - wyverns, horses and pegasi are under their control. However, as revolution rack the nations of Tara and Altharia to split them from the Great Otela Empire and other powers are waning and growing, there seems to be a significant power shift to come in the land of Rivesca.

Overview
This is a Stat-based RP. We are primarily going to be using the FEGBA system, though there are some changes. Please read all of the rules before you create a character. There is some world fluff below, as well as a map with nations.

I'm going to be using FE4 and FE5 sprites and tilesets, however. For those unfamiliar with how those games look, here's an example from FE4:

Those that are familiar may be seeing familiar maps as I'm not a fantastic map editor but I hope to splice sections and do basic editing to swap things up at least a little. For reference, FE4 maps usually are pretty huge compared to FE standards and cover a good section of land in the continent while the FE5 maps are more like a standard FE style - in this case I'm likely going to be using FE4 for outside maps and FE5 for indoors generally.

Everything else below is stats and how the stat-based part of the RP is going to run.
Remember, tell me if you have any queries.

World Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nations

Who Are The Players?
The players are part of a mercenary group in Tevakon who have recently been called up to have a mission from the royal family - there doesn't need to be a particular leader, and there doesn't need to a specific reason for you being in this mercenary group, but it seems like the easiest way to get everyone in and together quickly.

If you are a character joining the group later, I'll try to fit you in in various ways. You may start on the enemies side, in which case, I'll move you.

That's all I would say, you pretty much have freedom with the rest of your bio.

Calculations Changes

Weapon Ranks
Weapon experience will be kept along with your other stats. You will gain weapon experience depending on that weapons value and this will contribute to your weapon rank just how it works in GBA.

Classes and Items
I'm going to be mainly putting everything up on excel spreadsheet for statistics and such. The classes that I am using are found at the following link as well as the item list. Since I haven't went through all of the item list and plan to add more later, I have only added the first few starting weapons. Everyone will be getting a "Slim" variant of their weapons or the basic tomes. All you need to know is that the current ones and probably many of the later weapons will be based off the FE8 stats for the weapons, with a few exceptions: Lances and bows are generally one weight lighter, and axes and dark tomes are generally two weight lighter. Keep in mind that con is static and higher weapon ranks do not reduce weight values. I'm hoping that most of the stats that I have right now I'm going to keep hopefully but I may change things later on if we get that far. Another thing to note is that mounted units generally have less benefits than dismounted units - this is to make up for the lack of movement and Canto is still quite useful for every mounted unit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YOY1vGn0IKBfbj20xwXsCCCtXBM_ulSefHZZLUmMbvU

Death

Gold
Gold will be given to each character, in separate quantities. You can freely give gold and weapons/items between characters, however you will need to be adjacent to do so.

Affinities & Supports

Terrain
The terrain defense and evasion etc values will mainly be taken from GBA terrain data where it's applicable.

Experience & Level-ups.
Experience will be shared for all members of the party. When the exp pool hits 100, every player will receive a level at the end of that turn. Experience totals will be kept track off seperately, however, and there will be bonuses given out to especially good performances or awards at the end of chapters, so not everyone will constantly be on the same experience total.

Character Creation

Character Sheet Example

I hope this can be generally successful, though I haven't given much mind to length yet.

IC Thread!

I'm accepting others to join on the waitlist.

--Characters--
1. Royce Galloway Sykes - darkpaladin109
2. Corin Randkin - Swordstar
3. Gailia Cosgrove - xelada
4. Irios Dias - F.O.E
5. Linfry Fiowe - Omair
6. Ariadna Reyes - Lucus Casius

--Waitlist--
1. Tehlia Cavres - Rolepgeek
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:57:54 pm by Kelsper »

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Requiem OoC Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:02:44 pm »

Reserving Performer->Bard->Demon Fighter.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 04:08:58 pm »

Edit:  Hopping in.  Pickpocket -> Thief -> Rogue

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:37:55 pm by Lucus Casius »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:20:03 pm »

'hokay, goin Partisan-->Loldier-->Halb
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:37:07 pm by Swordstar »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »

Going Marauder->Axe Armor->Great Knight? ((Not sure about Great Knight or General, but thinking Great Knight right now.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:04:44 pm by darkpaladin109 »

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 07:20:54 pm »

On closer inspection of the classes I'll probably go Apprentice -> Light Mage -> Valkyrie
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:49:42 pm by xelada »

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 08:45:59 pm »

Everything's good.

For affinity, you got a choice between:
1. Water
2. Wind
3. Anima

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:47 pm »

Spoiler: Soldier build (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:13:39 pm by Swordstar »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 09:00:20 pm »

ptw
It's FEF, not FEOF

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:48 pm »

Hmm, Anima or Wind...
Well, Random.ORG rolled lower than 50, so Anima it is.

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 10:11:52 pm »

I should note that I'm also rolling a con growth between 1-5% for everyone - it's not much, but maybe it'll proc someday! Both of the signups so far got 3%.

Swordstar's character is fine and picked Anima as well.

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 10:36:02 pm »

Made my submission, check my original post.
Also why not give us all 5%, that way none of us start off better than others?

Kelsper

• Bay Watcher
  • Them the eyes of evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:07 pm »

1. Earth
2. Thunder
3. Water

I can set everyones con growth at 3% if you want, was just thinking of rolling to see some variation. It's not as if it'll make any significant difference either way.

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 10:09:05 am »

I'll take Earth.
I find 3% an odd percentage, all other percentages on FE Character Sheets tend to be multiples of 5%.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 10:21:38 am »

Spoiler: Performer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:17:37 pm by F.O.E. »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4