Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invincible adventurer creature?  (Read 6083 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Invincible adventurer creature?
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:30:54 pm »

Does anyone have an invincible adventurer creature that I can use?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Invincible adventurer creature?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:49:06 pm »

The many mineral creatures thread has one. I've also got an adamantine colossus you could borrow. It can't swim in magma, but it won't magma-drown and only sustained dragonfire is capable of melting it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »

I'm working on updating the uber adventurer for DF2014. It's mostly good to go now for your basic massacring needs, though I plan to add in stuff like transforming into different forms and custom ability interactions.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:55:12 pm »

Place [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:1000000] in creature of choice and they should be invincible in combat.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:57:14 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 04:42:00 am »

My go-to cheat creature is a humanoid made of slade except for teeth, nails, and hair, which are all adamantine.  That way you get super heavy punches and super sharp scratching and biting.  Also, magma blood.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 05:14:13 pm »

Once I get my Steel Deity done, you could use that. It's a ten-armed, three headed, pure steel, eight times as big as a bronze colossus, four horned, beast that can wield a weapon in each hand and head.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 05:15:17 pm »

Oh, and it shoots fireballs, fireimmune super, magma balls, and can probably throw a dragon corpse across a mountain range.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 09:40:11 am »

It would be neat to see a mouse sized invincible creature.

Slidey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 04:03:40 pm »

Place [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:1000000] in creature of choice and they should be invincible in combat.
Even just 1:2 in this makes as is dwarves able to survive cave-ins in fortress mode fairly handily (sometimes totally uninjured) that is usually a fairly likely death. Make a handy "almost easy" mode mod too. So as you can imagine higher numbers would really alter that adventure mode. Slap some thicker skin with really fast heals on everything maybe some thick armor...webimmune fireimmune nobreathe etc etc..better vision number or giving them extravision and magmavision..poisonous bite...web attack or poisonous firey breath attack (that poisons in different ways than the bite) make them not require their brain (so those nasty piercing attacks do minimal amounts even if the mat force didnt take care of it)..no sudden deaths to ruin your beasteh.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 01:25:25 am »

I wonder, is there a simple way to have a normal creature with, say, copper brains? Just to make mild head trauma less of an instant-death-gameover-no-cigar-fuck-you way to die.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 01:37:14 am »

Just select the brain tissue and change its material to INORGANIC:COPPER.

For example, you could just add this below [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
Code: [Select]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BRAIN:BRAIN_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:COPPER]

Though as a [FUNCTIONAL] tissue, it will fail to work once it takes any sort of damage, so anything that doesn't glance away will still be a kill-shot.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 02:12:13 am »

Maybe make it out of bronze then, because copper barely protects you.

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 02:22:05 pm »

I have an invincible creature that's pretty fun to mess around with in adventure mode. It'll survive magma baths, decapitations and bisections. It can regenerate from any injury and has a giant sword for an arm that is pretty good at dismembering elves and such. I think just about the only ways to kill it are to encase it in ice, throw it down a chasm, or atom smashing. Feel free to use it.

https://db.tt/79c87KGG

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 12:45:09 pm »

I have an invincible creature that's pretty fun to mess around with in adventure mode. It'll survive magma baths, decapitations and bisections. It can regenerate from any injury and has a giant sword for an arm that is pretty good at dismembering elves and such. I think just about the only ways to kill it are to encase it in ice, throw it down a chasm, or atom smashing. Feel free to use it.

https://db.tt/79c87KGG
Someone can now make a version for 43 ??