Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Zoegate, AKA the fall of Video Game Media.  (Read 26248 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zoegate, AKA the fall of Video Game Media.
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2014, 10:06:21 am »

-snip snop snap snop-

who gives a shit about the woman?

it's about the community she hurt, not her other antics, not the blatant attention whoring, not the harassment she got for it

i don't even like wizardchan all that much, but having people ignore it in favor of sjw fuckery is exactly what the trolls you mention desire, and you're buying it into wholesale

to the point of giving her money, apparently. gj supporting bullies

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2014, 10:09:06 am »

I'm going to be the most morally objective person here. I'd make sweet love to her. I'd support her game. Both independently. I don't really care about this 'controversy' because I don't care about gaming 'media'.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2014, 10:09:43 am »

I'm going to be the most morally objective person here. I'd make sweet love to her. I'd support her game. Both independently. I don't really care about this controversy.

I'm guessing you saw her NOODS?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2014, 10:10:51 am »

Actually this is the first time I'd ever heard of who she was. Not all that interested. I just like the ridiculous-hairdye-of-the-week chicks.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2014, 10:11:33 am »

Generating outrage and profiteering from it is a long proved way to gain money and fame. On the other hand, why not?

In this case, there is nothing worth being outraged about, and there is nothing worth supporting, so I'd say you're all getting exited over precisely nothing.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:41 am »

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2014, 10:14:20 am »

U mad though Something Evil? Are you part of the hate machine and now you've found something new to get mad about?

>Legitimately using hate machine.
kek^2

"Aha! She's trying to get attention to make money from the attention she gets from all the harassment directed at her!"
Considering the furious censoring that seems to go on about discussions of the matter, yes.
Also, there was no harassment. Until actual proof of the first instance happening, it's an asspull.
Secondly, there's evidence she's blowing everything out of proportion, victimizing herself, going as far as faking attacks on her social media accounts.

The proof that it worked, twice in a row, and white knights like this have rallied around her, kissed her ass to the point of frenching her the long way around, and feed her publicity and revenue.

Although it's sorta legitimate thing that happens. Baiting people to be angry for more attention. At this level honestly I feel that, Morally, it's okay to profit off people who that obviously just really awful terrible people. Even if you do it on purpose.
I fully agree. At this point, I'm happy SJWs are funneling funds to such an obvious, borderline criminal hack.

-snip snop snap snop-

who gives a shit about the woman?

it's about the community she hurt, not her other antics, not the blatant attention whoring, not the harassment she got for it

i don't even like wizardchan all that much, but having people ignore it in favor of sjw fuckery is exactly what the trolls you mention desire, and you're buying it into wholesale

to the point of giving her money, apparently. gj supporting bullies
Basically this.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2014, 10:15:57 am »

Wait, what community has she hurt, and how? Because that's not what I've actually seen anyone talking about in this thread or any of the other places I've seen this crop up - it's always been about how shitty she is for <being a woman/being fat/being ugly/being greedy/seeking attention>, and while I'm completely unqualified to judge the veracity of any of those claims, it's certainly never been about the game or about a community. It's always been about her.

I'm legitimately curious, because I actually would like to know what the real problem here is, and what evidence people have (sources matter), because that sounds like a conversation that could be interesting. As it is, though, all anybody wants to talk about is the meta - they want to debate about the character of the debate, which is unproductive and uninteresting. Or they just want to sling shit. Unfortunately, while that's all anybody wants to talk about, I'm going to have to back the SJW people as being the least despicable people involved.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2014, 10:17:37 am »

I suggest you guys start taking on the 10/10 reviews of all AAA games that don't deserve it, that's a bit more important to the "downfall" of modern gaming.

I was going to mention the 'hurt community' comment but, to be honest, I can only respond with sarcasm and flippancy. Sure. Very hurt by a game getting [maybe undue] attention and then idiots getting posts deleted. Oh boy that's a real modern struggle for MRA. That's why rabid SJWs even exist is because of idiocy like this.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:10 am »

Wait, what community has she hurt, and how? Because that's not what I've actually seen anyone talking about in this thread or any of the other places I've seen this crop up - it's always been about how shitty she is for <being a woman/being fat/being ugly/being greedy/seeking attention>, and while I'm completely unqualified to judge the veracity of any of those claims, it's certainly never been about the game or about a community. It's always been about her.

I'm legitimately curious, because I actually would like to know what the real problem here is, and what evidence people have (sources matter), because that sounds like a conversation that could be interesting. As it is, though, all anybody wants to talk about is the meta - they want to debate about the character of the debate, which is unproductive and uninteresting. Or they just want to sling shit. Unfortunately, while that's all anybody wants to talk about, I'm going to have to back the SJW people as being the least despicable people involved.

Basically, she accused Wizardchan of being the perpetrators of the first bout of harassment, with fapping into her phone.
http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx

Sure, the images are heavily biased towards Wizardchan, but the evidence is still there.

But this thread drawing sjws like honey, it's likely factual data will be disregarded.
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2014, 10:21:26 am »

Meh. I'm just pissed about the whole 'she totally slept with the reviewer, guise!' And then when I search for the review, it's nowhere to be found. Has anybody else had better luck finding said review?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2014, 10:24:10 am »

Basically, she accused Wizardchan of being the perpetrators of the first bout of harassment, with fapping into her phone.
http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx

Sure, the images are heavily biased towards Wizardchan, but the evidence is still there.

But this thread drawing sjws like honey, it's likely factual data will be disregarded.

That's one of the most confused pieces of 'evidence' I've seen. I can't stop laughing at this. Bay12 isn't a MRA soundboard. Don't expect it to be.

Still curious where all your outrage is for all the AAA games that get 9.5-10/10 reviews despite not being that quality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2014, 10:24:56 am »

The wizardchan thread or the bay12 thread?

I think you'll find the latter has a far higher "stop bringing this shit to bay12" contingent.

Ain't no one wanna deal with SJWs or MRAs here
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:26:36 am by freeformschooler »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2014, 10:28:12 am »

Meh. I'm just pissed about the whole 'she totally slept with the reviewer, guise!' And then when I search for the review, it's nowhere to be found. Has anybody else had better luck finding said review?
You've discovered the real reason why everybody is so butthurt: a fact that somebody has managed to effectively censor the internet.
._.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2014, 10:28:36 am »

It was apparently a review parsing through over a dozen indie games and appraising them. Haven't bothered finding it myself, since at this point that's no longer the issue. Sure. Bribe. Prostitution. Whatever. That's on her and the idiots' hats and for third parties to find reprehensible or not on their own terms. That's irrelevant.

What is relevant is the manipulation of public image, the self-victimization, and the disturbingly tight common front gaming media outlets have formed around her.

That's one of the most confused pieces of 'evidence' I've seen. I can't stop laughing at this.
Impressive, considering it took me 20+minutes to get through all the screencaps and commentary on that thing.

MRA soundboard
wat.

Still curious where all your outrage is for all the AAA games that get 9.5-10/10 reviews despite not being that quality.
Not buying them?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11