This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 120785 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:19:57 am »

Somebody else is running something on Civcraft. This thread is no longer active.

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

Current server: MineToHelp
Server address: play.minetohelp.com
Base location: 1200 -400

Spoiler: Minecraft Usernames (click to show/hide)

If you have something that you want added to the OP, please post in the thread or PM me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:13:25 am by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:20:27 am »

-currently unused-
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:00:10 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:20:51 am »

BELOW THIS LINE IS OUTDATED CIVCRAFT STUFF. I'm keeping it for posterity, but I can't see it being useful.

---This is the line, if you couldn't tell---

READ THE OP INSTEAD OF ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS!
If you have a question after reading the OP, feel free to ask in the thread.

Also, no drama. We're not in the old fortress. This is not something that needs to be complained about.

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

Current server: Civcraft, a civilization-building server.
Server address: mc.civcraft.vg. The server is running 1.7.4, so you'll need to downgrade using the launcher.
Base coordinates: REDACTED (see below; DO NOT ASK IN THE THREAD FOR THE COORDINATES)
Please do not raid, grief, or kill. You will get banished to the End, and our group will eventually get in trouble.
(If somebody attacks you, it's fine to attack them back. Just don't attack anyone randomly.)
Please read about the plugins here. The plugins are server-side, so you don't need to install anything.

Spoiler: Links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minecraft Usernames (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Coordinates (click to show/hide)

If you have something that you want added to the OP, please post in the thread or PM me.
We're currently working on mining out the fortress. After that, we'll probably start making factories; once we're established, we'll set up a system of government. We're currently discussing possible systems of government, by the way; now's your best chance to get your voice heard!

Spoiler: Zanzetkuken's proposal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cerapter's proposal (click to show/hide)

---post break---

This post will probably be about the current status of the fortress.

Spoiler: Factories (click to show/hide)

---post break---

The posts are in the wrong order, but I don't care enough to fix it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:10:32 pm by Elephant Parade »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 12:32:25 am »

I'm going to need a bit of time to draft a barebones government, But what we need to keep in mind is that civcraft government is very affected by the availability of people to log on. Redundant positions cause conflict, but allow the place to run smoothly in the event of people becoming inactive, or perhaps giving people second and third rankings for certain 'ministries' so that if the actual leader is away his second can get shit done.
Elections are good, civcraft has a history of places starting out democratic but never getting around to having more elections, when they do happen they're a popularity contest (no shit) but for all intents and purposes people should be able to make intelligent informed decisions.
Also we should probably have a system that is somewhat at odds with itself, similar to real democracies. For instance a legal system that can overrule the actual council and cause a reelection for gross misconduct or something. Anything that violates the constitution.
Also, will we have a law based legal system where certain things are written down as being totally illegal, or a case law system where based on past history and precedent  cases will be judged?
Something half way between should suffice.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:04:39 am »

I think we should have provisos for different modes of government depending on active population, too.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:25:26 am »

I'm coming guys!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 01:27:13 am »

Could someone please PM me the coordinates?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 01:38:21 am »

While I do like it very much, I didn't write that proposal. All I've done is offer minor details.

so far...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 01:41:00 am »

While I do like it very much, I didn't write that proposal. All I've done is offer minor details.

so far...
Huh. I'm not sure why I attributed that to you. I even went and quoted it. Edited.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 03:44:00 am »

I'll post a more detailed version of that constitution in a moment.

Also, Elephant Parade, your sig still links to the old thread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 04:57:20 am »

I'm not really participating in this, but I'd just like to mention that IRC channels are great for communication. We used one with the last iteration of Dwarven Invaders (on that server with a huge ocean around the spawn) and it worked pretty well.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 05:46:19 am »

Why, this looks like fun!

Also... Elephant *cough*... By my name in the list of players OP. >.> *cough*
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 05:48:03 am »

Rather than flesh out my previous proposal, I’ve created an entirely new one. I like to call this option a decentralised executive democracy. I might put together a more exhaustive explanation later, if people think it’s necessary. The general idea is a little complicated, but in practice it should be fairly adaptive with very little redundancy. Tell me if I haven’t explained any part clearly enough.
As a whole, it’s not especially “dwarven”, but I think it will work better than straight-up monarchy, even if the monarch is elected.
Spoiler: In Brief (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:53:20 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 06:26:06 am »

Guys I logged on in [redacted] today and saw things, terrible things, things which we knew were coming.
A moment of silence please for the quaint little village put our hearts into.
You weren't much, but you had heart Dale.
http://imgur.com/a/S2v3J
BTW I'm going to ask for the clay under the farms, I gathered the majority of it spelunking all over the goshdamned map.
Edit: That chicken, gets me in the feels, I'm sorry friend.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:27:44 am by MarcAFK »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 07:00:53 am »

Alas Dale... I hardly knew ye...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 89