Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 753468 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 12:56:16 pm »

Or the ever-popular "there's an STC fragment here, we will sacrifice as many as it takes to keep it intact".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 12:56:43 pm »

Played it and liked it some. Learned never to go after a plannet that has an extreme infestation of orks. I wish the pdf and the imperial guard units would help you fight in battle or other allies help you if there on plannet
Odd. I've been dropping my entire chapter on an extremely infested ork planet (once via raid, once via invasion -- I've been reloading a turn 1 save as I figure out how things work, and there's an extremely infested planet just two turns away) and they've been straight curbstomping every ork encounter they're involved in. Like, the latest one involving ground invasion, the first offensive was ~7000 orks vs ~900 various marines, completely without vehicle support. Flawless victory, zero casualties on the marine side.

... though, to be fair, it's a bolter drilling/ork enemy/crafter chapter, so... I gots the better dakka.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 01:06:27 pm »

Played it and liked it some. Learned never to go after a plannet that has an extreme infestation of orks. I wish the pdf and the imperial guard units would help you fight in battle or other allies help you if there on plannet
Odd. I've been dropping my entire chapter on an extremely infested ork planet (once via raid, once via invasion -- I've been reloading a turn 1 save as I figure out how things work, and there's an extremely infested planet just two turns away) and they've been straight curbstomping every ork encounter they're involved in. Like, the latest one involving ground invasion, the first offensive was ~7000 orks vs ~900 various marines, completely without vehicle support. Flawless victory, zero casualties on the marine side.

... though, to be fair, it's a bolter drilling/ork enemy/crafter chapter, so... I gots the better dakka.
Ah, but do you have enuff dakka?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 01:14:46 pm »

No such thing, so of course not. There's only more or less dakka, and not enuff. Enuff dakka is a fantasy and an impossibility -- an idealized, unreachable, goal. There is no forth state of dakka. Even better dakka is just shorthand for less more!dakka.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 01:47:40 pm »

Played it and liked it some. Learned never to go after a plannet that has an extreme infestation of orks.
You probably had troubles here because you neglected the use of Codex Astartes prescribed, venerated tactic known by the name of STEEHL REHN.

... I'm sorry I just had to do this.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 01:50:45 pm »

No such thing, so of course not. There's only more or less dakka, and not enuff. Enuff dakka is a fantasy and an impossibility -- an idealized, unreachable, goal. There is no forth state of dakka. Even better dakka is just shorthand for less more!dakka.
*sage nod*
Any other answer would get you executed for heresy.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 01:56:02 pm »

Man Scouts can be a hell of a lot more badass than I thought, 20 of them armed with chainswords and bionics versus over a hundred orks and I only lost 9 of them.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 02:14:50 pm »

I can't seem to land any troops (I might not have tranport ships or something.) How is it usually done?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 02:17:24 pm »

*resist the urge to yell STEEHL REHN*
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 02:20:02 pm »

*resist the urge to yell STEEHL REHN*

No brother, let the Emperah flow through you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 02:31:49 pm »

I can't seem to land any troops (I might not have tranport ships or something.) How is it usually done?
  • Get your troops into a ship (by default, most/all of them seem to be in your starting ships).
  • Get your ship to the target system (select fleet, right click target system, wait until arrival)
  • Go into the chapter overview
  • Select the group you want to send down
  • Select the members of the group you want to send down (hint: If you click on something and then click on the selection bit, it'll grab everything in a single ship)
  • Unload the buggers by clicking the little thing that says unload, and then picking the planet
  • Wait a turn or two until something happens
Incidentally, if you're not after artifacts, and don't need non-dreadnaught vehicles, raiding is a lot faster and less fiddly.

Also, pretty much all of that is in the manual. Reading it helps :P
Ask not!
Ask!

qazcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 02:45:22 pm »

Second thing i learned. Unless you have a fuck ton of ships never engage the hive fleet. It will murder everything you got.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 02:55:55 pm »

That's sort of the point of a hive fleet, isn't it?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:54 pm »

Ah, bug update. Don't name troops Rangers. That triggers Inquisitorial wrath, because Rangers are already a unit in the game. An Eldar unit. So they think you've hired Eldar, and then the whole Imperium hates you.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 02:58:45 pm »

Incidentally, if you're not after artifacts, and don't need non-dreadnaught vehicles, raiding is a lot faster and less fiddly.

Other than the Emprah weeping because his Space Marines are just raiding instead of invading.

Ah, bug update. Don't name troops Rangers. That triggers Inquisitorial wrath, because Rangers are already a unit in the game. An Eldar unit. So they think you've hired Eldar, and then the whole Imperium hates you.

That....is fucking hilarious.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 288