Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 762207 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »

Incidentally, if you're not after artifacts, and don't need non-dreadnaught vehicles, raiding is a lot faster and less fiddly.
Other than the Emprah weeping because his Space Marines are just raiding instead of invading.
Raiding is just what the game calls it. I think the emprah is fine with iron rain from the sky followed by intense and widespread xeno purging, at a rate twice that normally allowed by ground invasion :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 03:27:19 pm »

I... I... this is something I've dreamed about playing. Here's hoping that Duke can keep going with this.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 03:53:27 pm »

Ah, bug update. Don't name troops Rangers. That triggers Inquisitorial wrath, because Rangers are already a unit in the game. An Eldar unit. So they think you've hired Eldar, and then the whole Imperium hates you.

That....is fucking hilarious.

Not only that. It's a DF level of a hilarity on a bug scale.

That is, it's not a bug, but a feature.

We must now embark on a righteous crusade and spam the current developer's email with pleas of making this a permanent thing. For the Emperor.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:54 pm »

So uh ... don't rebel immediately against the Imperium, apparently that is a bad idea. I destroyed two small imperial navy fleets, and generally did stuff to piss the other Imperium groups off to try and see what would happen. Apparently the PDF on your homeworld will rebel, and the thing is they're a hell of a lot more competent than most IG apparently. I lost that battle against over 987000 PDF soldiers in under four turns after having my entire chapter unload with everything they have, and barely scratch them ....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:05:04 pm by adwarf »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 04:06:57 pm »

So uh ... don't rebel immediately against the Imperium, apparently that is a bad idea. I destroyed two small imperial navy fleets, and generally did stuff to piss the other Imperium groups off to try and see what would happen. Apparently the PDF on your homeworld will rebel, and the thing is they're a hell of a lot more competent than most IG apparently. I lost that battle against over 987000 PDF soldiers in under four turns after having my entire chapter unload with everything they have, and barely scratch them ....

That's backasswards. PDF are, almost without exception, never better equipped or trained that the Imperial Guard.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 04:07:21 pm »

Hmm. Watching yes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 04:10:57 pm »

That's backasswards. PDF are, almost without exception, never better equipped or trained that the Imperial Guard.
Precisely. They killed me in five turns. Not exactly sure how that happened when for one they'd be far more poorly trained and equipped, and for two all standing military forces on Space Marine homeworlds are loyal servants of the chapter and no one else. However that's not the case as your planets PDF is counted as forces of the Imperium itself and not yours sadly.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 04:19:25 pm »

PDF on a normal world, maybe. PDF on a Chapter Homeworld, if I remember correctly, tend to be superior.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 04:20:15 pm »

Not exactly sure how that happened when for one they'd be far more poorly trained and equipped
987,000 PDF soldiers
Hint. Hint. It's called "PDF competency: Outnumber them a thousand to one." They don't even need freaking guns, they can just jump on the marines and vibrate a lot, melt the buggers like bees on a wasp.
Ask not!
Ask!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 04:23:48 pm »

Ah, bug update. Don't name troops Rangers. That triggers Inquisitorial wrath, because Rangers are already a unit in the game. An Eldar unit. So they think you've hired Eldar, and then the whole Imperium hates you.

That....is fucking hilarious.

Not only that. It's a DF level of a hilarity on a bug scale.

That is, it's not a bug, but a feature.

We must now embark on a righteous crusade and spam the current developer's email with pleas of making this a permanent thing. For the Emperor.

So, storytime. The reason I had Rangers in my army was because my chapter was the Colonial Marines, and I was rolling with a modern military naming scheme. Tactical Marines become Troopers, Apothecaries become Medics, etc. So, an Inquisition fleet shows up. I get the inspection message in time to dump my chaos-tainted power armor on the Mechanicus, and I breathe a sigh of relief. I hit the next turn button, and then BLAM! I'm getting attacked by the local Imperium fleet. After the battle, I get the message "Inquisitor Soandso has discovered hired Eldar Rangers aboard your fleet." One turn later, the war declarations from all the Imperial factions show up. They still let me go on Crusade, though.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 04:27:18 pm »

Not exactly sure how that happened when for one they'd be far more poorly trained and equipped
987,000 PDF soldiers
Hint. Hint. It's called "PDF competency: Outnumber them a thousand to one." They don't even need freaking guns, they can just jump on the marines and vibrate a lot, melt the buggers like bees on a wasp.

Actually, it's canonical fiction that 100 marines "can dominate an entire world with ease."

So 100,000 PDF is actually not supposed to be a threat. Fiction-wise at least.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 04:31:38 pm »

987,000 PDF soldiers
Or they could just throw more soldiers at the marines until they run out of ammo/get bored to go away. The sad part is that I can see someone high up considering this a valid tactic.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »

How consistent is the canon on that? I certainly like my marines badass, but I wouldn't be opposed to a gamey upper limit if it improved the experience.

I'm checking out the manual now, I'll probably stay up far too late because of this but damn. I don't usually like Alphas but if they're free and awesome, I'll make an exception.

edit.
Kydrasz:
Humans are a renewable resource ;)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2014, 04:33:20 pm »

Spoiler: oh dear (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how canonical things are with this thing, so far. Still, I'd expect nearly a million soldiers -- even relatively poor trained ones -- to put up something of a fight. At least until a moral system or somethin' is implemented.

E:
Spoiler: rapid update (click to show/hide)
Suggestions? Of note, I am running a tech heretic chapter >_>
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:35:09 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 04:37:48 pm »

Innovation should be rewarded!
If it were me I'd have the other techmarine executed, but alas. I guess I see no problem.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 288