Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288]

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 763647 times)

ZAB1019

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #4305 on: July 19, 2023, 07:43:35 am »

My team and I have been working from older (but latest publicly released) source code for the game maker version, which is the one everyone has played for clarification.

Stay tuned within 48 hours.

Cold and Fast!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: July 19, 2023, 08:17:01 am »

For The Emperor
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: July 19, 2023, 05:16:53 pm »

So, some 9 years after the thread started I feel I might want to give this a go. Is the 2021 version still the latest?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: July 19, 2023, 11:16:23 pm »

So, some 9 years after the thread started I feel I might want to give this a go. Is the 2021 version still the latest?
Until TomorrowTM, yes

ZAB1019

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: July 23, 2023, 10:37:42 am »

Version 0.67000

Hello I'm Zab1019. Head dev ( i guess) of the restoration and renewed development of Chapter Master

There's about 8 active contributors total. A few being artists, but mostly coders.

Our github is open source, and linked on our discord in our dev channels

Chapter Master Discord has made an open source project of this. Now titled "Chapter Master Adeptus Dominus"

We hope you enjoy the ride along this awesome project with us!

Discord:
https://discord.gg/zAGpqHzsXQ

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uyjq0ajil49ok9KW77ZqA1j782wg8OM_/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:

++++
Added the Soul Drinkers:
They are daemon binder using, and soon shall turn renegade. Their numbers aren't great, but start with 60 gene seed, and 4 (FOUR!) battle barges!
++++

++++
Completely reworked the recruitment system for neophytes from the ground up.
Recruitment trials are mostly planet based, and none of them are strictly the best. They all have their own different scenarios where they are good.
If a planet has under 50% of it's max possible population, you recruit 20% less neophytes from there.
Currently there's no way to increase pop on a planet you have, but will be added soon.
++++

----
Hives by far have the most recruits, but very little exp
Lava,death, ice, and desert have the least, but have more exp
everything else is in the middle
----

----
xp and promotion amounts have been reworked, reminder you can simply disable requirements in chapter settings. But you cannot for terminators or thunder hammers

terminators = 180
thunder hammers = 140

1st: 150
2nd: 120
3rd: 110
4th: 100
5th: 80
6th: 70
7th: 60
8th: 50
9th: 40
----

A decent amount of enemies have been rebalanced. Expect ground combat to be harsher. A more thorough rework is still due for ground combat

++++
The marine's equipment has been entirely redone. Now mostly more expensive, but more worth it.
Duel wielding has been reduced massively. No longer will you be able to have a heavy bolter and a chain sword.
Some exceptions exist. Such as axe's purpose now is to be duel wielded, or be used with heavier things.
++++

Chaos marines equipment has been matched to be the same or slightly better than the player's

++++
Rhinos,predators,whirlwhinds,dreadnoughts and land raiders can now have sponsons, turrets, mounts and launchers.
Customised with different weapons (plasma sponsons, heavy bolter sponsons, lascannon sponsons, ect.)
++++

----
Made tau a confirmed spawn 100% of the time. Also increased numbers massively. They can have 3-7 planets at start

Increased mechanicus planet spawn rate. 2-6 planets tops. Rarely get's 6 though
----

++++There are now three different types of chaos cults:++++

Stronghold worlds are somewhat rare, but incredibly powerful. They are named systems (Isstvan, Badab, ect.) and start spawning fleets straight away. Their corruption and traitor presence is rampant. Deal with them quickly!

Rebellion cults are worlds that haven't won over the planet's government yet, but shall within a few dozen turns. They have their name already changed to that colour at game start, so you can tell easily.

Underground cults are the old version of them. You'll only know they exist on a planet via PDF being killed. Rarer than the other forms but still present.

----
Many things in the code have been improved upon, and bugs fixed. Which makes our lives easy as coders. Also did I mention we are open source? Just join and help us in the discord link above!

++++Chapter Master Adeptus Dominus++++

ZAB1019

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: July 27, 2023, 03:04:39 am »

A few hotfixes and bugs have been fixed, notable one where well. UH. You couldn't save the game lol. That's fixed. Here you go, changelog is in a txt in it as well:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nqDYw9_Xs7fDcoFY0NcgqQmbuKEs6qw_/view?usp=sharing

ZAB1019

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: September 15, 2023, 03:19:34 am »

Not sure why this forum is dead in the water now, but we are still updating Chapter Master on the discord! Lots of cool improvements like being able to select the weapons your land raider has, adding new chapters like soul drinkers and imperial fists, plenty more to come :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: September 15, 2023, 06:29:38 am »

Nah, we're old and tired. Not dead yet!

But anyways, I have been enjoying the updated Chapter Master.
It runs better, and has implemented some of the missing "to do" features, which is cool.

Discord is hopping.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: September 24, 2023, 11:58:08 am »

Not sure why this forum is dead in the water now, but we are still updating Chapter Master on the discord! Lots of cool improvements like being able to select the weapons your land raider has, adding new chapters like soul drinkers and imperial fists, plenty more to come :)

our hearths can only be so much broken  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: March 31, 2024, 01:14:41 am »

Update!
here's some of the many changes:
increased the planet count to 100 (from 70)
made the camera much faster, to accomidate the new map
balanced tech hereteks out to not start the horus heresy so fast
new ui for various menus
buildable building ui (from dawn of war)
redone ui of weapon stats
new cheats
improved force weapons

garrisons can now improve the desposition of a planet, based on the highest leader's charisma

black templars and minotaurs having unique artifacts and more fleshed out in general
Fixes camera move speed, and also made it so pressing shift increases move speed as well.

On the above discord link. I would suggest getting it there, so you get the most up to date bugfix version. They released one already.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288]