Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 763995 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2014, 04:40:16 pm »

Suggestions? Of note, I am running a tech heretic chapter >_>

Then what's the problem? I mean, it's not like he did anything dangerous or stupid, right? Give him a pat on the back for a job well done.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2014, 04:46:09 pm »

Looks like I'll never found out, unfortunately. Bug ate the game shortly after sending 'im on his way. Ah well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2014, 05:01:39 pm »

If it doesn't look like the horrid misshaped product of the warp, you don't need to kill them. Slapping them in a box works just fine :P

Though is it just me, or do literally every enemy after the initial ork infestation tend to have fleets that steamroll yours? Because it seems to be a rather common occurance.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2014, 05:04:00 pm »

Not exactly sure how that happened when for one they'd be far more poorly trained and equipped
987,000 PDF soldiers
Hint. Hint. It's called "PDF competency: Outnumber them a thousand to one." They don't even need freaking guns, they can just jump on the marines and vibrate a lot, melt the buggers like bees on a wasp.
Or they could just throw more soldiers at the marines until they run out of ammo/get bored to go away. The sad part is that I can see someone high up considering this a valid tactic.
I guess I'm way too late with the "kill counter" joke
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »

Fun Fact: if you gift a demon possessed artifact to a sector commandant he goes insane and with him the entire sector will drown in chaos...quite literally as suddenly demon incursions and chaos fleets are butchering every planets defense and population by the billions, while the Corruption goes up to extreme almost everywhere.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 05:19:48 pm »

Yeah, I see no problem with this. Let him live, and see what the Inquisition makes of it in a few turns.

EDIT: I am dumb. Don't know why this went up so late.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:50:44 pm by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »

Fun Fact: if you gift a demon possessed artifact to a sector commandant he goes insane and with him the entire sector will drown in chaos...quite literally as suddenly demon incursions and chaos fleets are butchering every planets defense and population by the billions, while the Corruption goes up to extreme almost everywhere.

Uhh...gonna try this. For science. Will post pics.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2014, 06:13:14 pm »

I got a power axe that had a demon inside it.  Since I was playing a pure, no corruption run I decided to destroy it.  It was on the same ship as my 9th company when I hit the destroy button.  It had a Slaaneshi greater demon in it.

It's face did not like the 80 lascannons and 10 missile launchers that it awoke to.

This game has so much potential.  Now it just needs unique non-stolen art assets.  I like Empire of the Fading Sun as much as the next guy, but they could do something other than use a map from that game.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 06:38:00 pm »

I love this game, need more tool tips through, also a confirmation for attacking allies would be awesome. but who cares about a few thousandmillion Guardsmen?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »

Sounds great. Downloading now.
It's a game. Have fun.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »

SO

MUCH

HERESY!

Note to self. Never, ever give daemonic artifacts to the Sector Commander. Unless you like having to purge EVERYTHING.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2014, 07:14:15 pm »

It has lots of potential, 1st contact i noticed that the font was really very small when creating new chapter, i decided to increase the window size a bit to manage to read, found out it was a bad idea as it crashed directly.

2nd contact, finally found that to move the fleet to somewhere i needed to right click instead of left click, randomly created the chapter while not seeing much what was wrote and the options, the Savage Vindicators were born and would show the imperium what warriors are.
Ok we're supposed to be on the imperium side, but we're the Savage Vindicators, we don't listen to petty diplomacy.

We decided to attack a much smaller imperial fleet on a nearby world to see what's going on with their space battle capacity and with a few losses we destroyed the whole fleet, there was a very big warship there but it exploded very well when we filled it with bullets, missiles and lasers.

That obviously didn't pleased much the imperial guy, Ernest was then name and after bombarding the only planet of that system and destroyed the 5% heresy starting on that world, i moved the fleet back home, to fight the huge imperial fleet that had moved there.
My fleet was properly destroyed this time.

After 3 or 4 more turns, the imperial launched the attack of my system, i decided to choose "offensive" , we're burly armored big guys, we don't do defense even when outnumbered.
Savage Vindicators are at 100%
Enemy Forces are at 98%
We're winning and it's a piece of cake, see ! who needs diplomacy.

Several battle turns later "the fortified wall is breached", as if it was a problem, that wall was in the way of us attacking the attackers after all !
Savage Vindicators are at 15%
Enemy Forces are at 98%

Ok, that wall was useful, we never figured out why, but now we know.
Go and attack more guys, the enemy forces are nearly dead, only 98% of them left to kill .

Savage Vindicators defeated
Your fortress monastery has been raided and etc...
Your chapter has crumbled.

Guys, don't worry, i'll see what this diplomacy thing is all about and we'll make a comeback
:D

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2014, 07:17:01 pm »

It's...it's actually out. I never thought this day would come.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2014, 07:25:18 pm »

The Fire Consuls decided to change their tactics, forget the codex wrote by that Savage Vindicators ex-chapter master, let's follow the codex wrote by some "waaagh" guy.

"waaagh" guy ? isn't that an ork ? and you say he wrote a codex for the spacemarines ?

Yes, he did, the only page with something wrote in that codex has this
 "overwhelm enemy in numbers"

And so we did, we attacked a world with orks and overwhelmed in near 8 to 1 numbers

That "waaagh" guy was actually a genius tactician

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2014, 07:29:30 pm »

Well I was doing pretty well, I had eradicated all the Orks from my map sector and then I am ordered to go to an expection at a system 20 turns away and excommunicated for failing to turn up in time.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 288