Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 753375 times)

DrazharLn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #4275 on: March 07, 2023, 09:30:05 am »

I'd like to give Chapter Master a go, but I don't know what versions of the game exist or how complete they are. Could someone point me to whatever version they think is best/most finished? Thanks!

Blogaugis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: March 07, 2023, 11:17:21 am »

Lion's version (0.6602) is the latest, as a continuation of Duke's work (0.65~), unfortunatelly, all the links to the file "officially" are behind a... few dollar paywall, and even then You'd probably not going to get the file, as it is likelly deleted. Your best bet is to join a discord group about it and ask some of the folks there for a copy, via google drive or other ways.

ndkid, as he himself is on this forum, probably posted a link to his github page with his own version of chapter master. In theory, this one is latest, as the dev is... still around, probably. Interface is vastly different from Duke's/Lion's last time I played it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: March 07, 2023, 11:34:18 am »

Wait, someone put that behind a paywall? That's pretty shitty unless the only reason is to protect themselves from GWS.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: March 07, 2023, 02:59:45 pm »

Wait, someone put that behind a paywall? That's pretty shitty unless the only reason is to protect themselves from GWS.
It sounds like a scam.
It probably just means it's not available anywhere publicly online.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: March 07, 2023, 03:01:31 pm »

Lion's version (0.6602) is the latest, as a continuation of Duke's work (0.65~), unfortunatelly, all the links to the file "officially" are behind a... few dollar paywall, and even then You'd probably not going to get the file, as it is likelly deleted. Your best bet is to join a discord group about it and ask some of the folks there for a copy, via google drive or other ways.

ndkid, as he himself is on this forum, probably posted a link to his github page with his own version of chapter master. In theory, this one is latest, as the dev is... still around, probably. Interface is vastly different from Duke's/Lion's last time I played it.
Maybe you could send out some discord links...

DrazharLn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: March 07, 2023, 06:22:03 pm »

So, I saw that there are still some problems with downloading the last version ,so as someone who got his hands on the game, I've decided to put on Mega in case on link stop working,etc

https://mega.nz/file/d1NRUSrY#ePRLmS4OccRg9fzOSUyHR_sS-tH4thl15SaIVojw-Ws

Here's a link to a zip claming to be Chapter Master 0.6602, which Blogaugis called Lion's version. No paywall. Thanks to Blogaugis for giving me enough clues that I could google it out :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 06:24:25 pm by DrazharLn »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: March 07, 2023, 10:31:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure I already have it somewhere, thanks.

Blogaugis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: March 08, 2023, 08:53:31 am »

https://discord.gg/kmrTECv
This link was present in the Chapter Master FAQ document.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: March 08, 2023, 12:08:58 pm »

https://discord.gg/kmrTECv
This link was present in the Chapter Master FAQ document.
Thanks!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: March 23, 2023, 04:03:45 pm »

So does anyone know of a complete list of what hides behind the ???? on planets?

Blogaugis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: March 24, 2023, 07:45:09 am »

So does anyone know of a complete list of what hides behind the ???? on planets?
I know that in Duke's version (0.65~), the spawns were randomly generated once your forces arrived at the system.
This means, one could exploit this to create more STCs or other stuff for him/her self (save before arriving, keep reloading until a desired special has generated).

If I remember right, Lion's version (0.6602) removes the randomness and basically makes them... generated at the start.
Good idea would be to consult changelogs for more details.

As for the list of possible features... Well, I don't have it, I remember just some possible stuff.
It would be a bit weird to use this in an exploration based game, though, it is debatable how much exploration is in chapter master.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: March 24, 2023, 09:49:54 am »

It's mostly Artifacts and STCs. I think you can occasionally just get resources, but that means you didn't get an Artifact or STC...

Blogaugis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: March 24, 2023, 10:40:04 am »

It's mostly Artifacts and STCs. I think you can occasionally just get resources, but that means you didn't get an Artifact or STC...
Well, since we are elaborating...

The good stuff can be:
STCs - do remember that location and system ownership is (potentially) important, as Mechanicus folks simply won't let you take them, without a fight. The way to bypass this is to intentionally let the planet fall to an enemy force, and then try to seize the STC (Not sure if one needs to clear out the enemy force and land as the game still thinks it belongs to the enemy, or you can take it even with some hostile presence).
Artifacts - Pretty much the same as STCs, but at least you can buy them off - just remember that sororitas are not, like admech, willing to let you have it for free... assuming you want to have them yourself. Artifacts are mostly useful as gifts anyway.

Mixed bag:
Ruins - can be buggy, with how daemons and other chaos folk tend to crash or otherwise affect the game (so save before trying to explore). Rewards, if I remember right, range from requisition, to artifact, to maybe an stc...
space hulks - can be tricky to clear out, but once done, basically gives endless supply of armor and possibly other resources.
Slaughtersong ship - I personally never encountered this one, it apparently drains your requisition when techmarines/techpriests are on planet, fixing the thing.

Other:
Cave system - I think it raises the defense level of the planet, or something...

Bad stuff:
Necron tomb - Usually sleeping, but I guess I don't need to explain why this is bad news?
I think in some versions of the game, you can probably find the place where a warlord/warboss is sitting around.
It probably can lead to some hostile forces spawning in the location.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: March 24, 2023, 11:18:13 am »

Excellent thanks!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: March 24, 2023, 11:50:35 am »

Oh, we forgot about Dead World that can be turned into a Chapter Lair!
But they're pretty obvious, since they're only available on Dead Worlds.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288