Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Planning Mode and Iso World  (Read 2666 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Planning Mode and Iso World
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:44:11 pm »

So two questions...I recently watched a few LPs on YouTube and they (like me) were using the LNP.  I saw then using Planning Mode when laying out rooms and then another used the Iso World program.

Question 1: Do you need a manager or something to get Planning Mode to work?  I laid out some beds, one table and chair (for my manager) and had these under construction in the workshop.  They are now sitting in a stockpile with three No Job dwarfs but they will not move the items (all hauling is enabled in Therapist as well).  If not, any idea why they are not moving the items?  I've never had an issue before with Therapist as I've used that forever but this is my first fortess with these two new options.

Question 2: How do you actually OPEN Iso World to view things?  The YT video didn't reference that part and I can't find anything on Google related to that.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planning Mode and Iso World
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 01:29:04 am »

Check out Japa's Armok Vision project instead.  It pretty much replaces IsoWorld.  (If you really want to still run IsoWorld, it needs the map exports from the legends mode "detailed maps".  With a game of DF running, you start up the isoworld.exe and use the "load map" button to direct it to one of the maps you exported from Legends mode.  The program takes those other maps and puts them together to create the Isoworld maps.)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii