Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks  (Read 37573 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2016, 08:47:09 pm »

The quotes are important. If you don't put quotes around "RED BERYL", DFHack will interpret it as two separate arguments. Did you try quotes?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2016, 09:08:03 pm »

Huh.  How ‘bout that.  Why isn’t this mentioned in the DFHACK list??  Thanks much – and Pink Tourmaline is the same color.   :)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2016, 09:30:39 pm »

Huh.  How ‘bout that.  Why isn’t this mentioned in the DFHACK list??

AFAIK, DFHack seems to assume at least minor experience with consoles, where in all cases arguments with spaces in the middle must be surrounded by quotes.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2016, 03:02:33 am »

..., but I may just write a guide on gm-editor at some point soon enough (once I'm done updating one of my older mods), ...
I am really interested in this guide after seeing how the colonies plugin can be advantageously substituted by some puny lines of lua code.
Finally got around to it!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Should create colony at cursor.
Not sure however where to search for this gm-editor guide, it is already written?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:09:18 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2016, 03:21:39 am »

I decided against it once I realized that it would be about the same as writing a guide on DF's entire memory outline. Seriously, most of my gm-editor-type stuff is done from my own memory of what the structures look like.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2016, 09:37:11 am »

Huh.  How ‘bout that.  Why isn’t this mentioned in the DFHACK list??

AFAIK, DFHack seems to assume at least minor experience with consoles, where in all cases arguments with spaces in the middle must be surrounded by quotes.
It's also documented:
To include whitespace in the argument/s to some command, quote it in double quotes. To include a double quote character, use \".
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]