Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (Request) Games which simulate the justice system/ Games where you manipulate  (Read 2887 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Hmm. If I knew how to program worth a shit, I'd definetely make a Kafka-like absurd trial simulation.
ChoiceScript requires very little programming knowledge (if you understand branching and loops you already have more than you need to)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. If I knew how to program worth a shit, I'd definetely make a Kafka-like absurd trial simulation.
ChoiceScript requires very little programming knowledge (if you understand branching and loops you already have more than you need to)

I actually wanted to create a choice game based on a serial killer who is losing his mind, he/she has two personalities.. And a lot of the choices define what kind of person each one is, how much one is more in control than the other, how much you resist.. And how much evidence you leave behind.. After you commit crimes the game switches over to a second player character who is a private dick with a Wolfdog.. Depending on what you did this character will have to look for evidence of your crimes.. I was going to try to make it less obvious what evidence you actually leave behind.. The dick can take different approaches, he can favor witnesses or hard evidence, he can be more intuitive (Gut feelings) or more analytical.. Depending on his stats he may miss some things completely and he may end up at different places.. Also the Wolfdog is good at sniffing things out, so if your other character does drugs the dog may pick up on that.. Etc

Obviously this is all theory right now and I haven't gotten around to writing any of this, mainly because I didn't want to have to learn a scripting language, I don't really have the focus or patience for it.

I don't see why it wouldn't have a trial system.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile

Yeah, I guess my problem is more about being a lazy punk who is not a programming type to begin with. I'd be happy to write thousand pages of text and do design, but the actual implementation just seems too difficult. Perhaps one day...

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I guess my problem is more about being a lazy punk who is not a programming type to begin with. I'd be happy to write thousand pages of text and do design, but the actual implementation just seems too difficult. Perhaps one day...

Maybe we can get someone else to do the scripting for us and we can work on writing and design.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would play the heck outta Judge Judy: The Game.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Maybe we can get someone else to do the scripting for us and we can work on writing and design.
I'll give it a shot. Especially if we skip graphic design in favor of more scripting.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll give it a shot. Especially if we skip graphic design in favor of more scripting.

Choicescript is all script, that's what we were talking about. choiceofgames.com it's basically little CYOA games where the graphics are non existent. Save for a picture or two.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Uplink?
You can  wipe your own crimes (or other people's I guess if you're helpful like that) from the Global Criminal Database, or get people arrested by adding a bunch of fake crimes.
You can also edit logs to create a false trail and make it look like someone else was hacking a government database/bank/large company and get them arrested that way.

I tried uplink but I couldn't really get the hang of it, seemed like you had to act fast or you're screwed. Also I didn't really figure out how to clean up your tracks.. Didn't seem like you had enough time to do that either.
Actually, for anything but banks, cleaning up logs on the bounce chain can be done at a very leisurely pace. Around an hour for the shortest I've been caught by. Unless it's a bank. Don't mess with banks.
Though for actually doing the things, acting fast is important yes. Since at the start of the game with few secure servers to bounce through the active trace time will only be about 60 seconds, and with the lack of processing power half of that is going to be breaking the passwords into places. Especially with the criminal database, which has more than one thing you need to crack to get in.

But I get if the high pressure stuff with the trace tracker beeping at you isn't your thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jergen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uplink is really easy once you get the hang of it, remember the Internic server is your friend, and for the Global Crime/Social Services/International Academic Servers, this username is your friend --> readwrite

Saw the original poster mentioned The Guild 2, have you tried the first Guild? (It's called Europa 1400, it's similar but quite different)

There's also those Superpower games, Supreme Ruler, Geo-Political Simulator, Shadow President/CyberJudas
Guess you can't go to jail, but you can do terrorist and other actions and framing someone else for it (example, Iceland does some shady stuff to Norway, and frames Sweden for it, Norway attack Sweden, then Iceland attack Norway for attacking Sweden etc. (This is not easy to do, speaking from experience. The game was Superpower 2)

This might not be what you're looking for but...
Pages: 1 [2]