Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

You must have tea and cake with a vicar or you die! (placeholder poll)

Cake
- 9 (64.3%)
Or death
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Necromancer Succession Fort  (Read 4542 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: New Succession Fort
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 07:32:28 am »

Is pre-dorfing (or pre-humaninsation, maybe?) available, by the way?

If yes, I'd like to have a guy/gal bent on scaly critters. Name him/her "Python", please.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:38:25 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
  • you can never have enough fortifications
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 11:21:36 pm »

will you supply us with the RAWS good sir? your idea is just to cool to keep to yourself. also. when you make a fort, build a deep pit (enough that they have a 50-50 chance of simply exploding on impact with every tile covered with +bronze serrated disks+. 10 disks per trap should be enough. drop all your prisoners in it, and make sure to designate a stockpile specieficly for skulls. mod in a syndrome that does nothing but rot away only the skin and fat. (bonus points if your can make their bones grow bigger until they tear the rest of the body apart) capture a two werewolves and make them fight each other for eternity since they both keep healing. use a drawbride... puppies! gore! CARNAGE! they will all die! all of them! ever last one of them! in MAGMA! i see the end, the eyes of doom. dreams unraveling into dreams and a million tiny spiders crawling inside my head!

sonofperturabo has been possesed by Bay12!
                                                           sonofperturabo feels the interwebz overtaking him! it is a good pain

tl;dr: awesome idea and PTW 8)
iron within, iron withouth

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 04:08:59 pm »

Is pre-dorfing (or pre-humaninsation, maybe?) available, by the way?

If yes, I'd like to have a guy/gal bent on scaly critters. Name him/her "Python", please.

I think personification will be done in order of people who've posted interest, so I think you may wind up needing to wait for a migrant. The idea of a snake oriented character is solid though, I'll make some serpents [COMMON_DOMESTIC] so we can access them easy.

will you supply us with the RAWS good sir? your idea is just to cool to keep to yourself. also. when you make a fort, build a deep pit (enough that they have a 50-50 chance of simply exploding on impact with every tile covered with +bronze serrated disks+. 10 disks per trap should be enough. drop all your prisoners in it, and make sure to designate a stockpile specieficly for skulls. mod in a syndrome that does nothing but rot away only the skin and fat. (bonus points if your can make their bones grow bigger until they tear the rest of the body apart) capture a two werewolves and make them fight each other for eternity since they both keep healing. use a drawbride... puppies! gore! CARNAGE! they will all die! all of them! ever last one of them! in MAGMA! i see the end, the eyes of doom. dreams unraveling into dreams and a million tiny spiders crawling inside my head!

sonofperturabo has been possesed by Bay12!
                                                           sonofperturabo feels the interwebz overtaking him! it is a good pain

tl;dr: awesome idea and PTW 8)

I will be uploading the RAWs once they're done for those interested in addition to starting the game up. Sadly it's not possible to make someone's bones burst out of their skin, though making the skin and fat rot is quite easy.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 06:09:41 pm »

The mod is more or less done. I've posted up a poll about embark location, and we need to decide if we're going to run this with no mods except for the necromancy one, or pick a mod to use for added enemies to fight, though I'm not sure how balanced additional enemies will be considering how fast goblins can start attacking in the current version.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Leonkr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 01:39:35 am »

Might be nice to have some extra enemies or friends (Norsemen)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 02:26:12 am »

I would just like to say that a necromancy themed human thing can be done much more readily via Masterwork's Warlocks (which by the looks of things are magically inclined technically undead humans, with the whole skeletons, ghouls, and all that happy crap.) Course it's understandable why you wouldn't want to (themantic reasons, effort already done, not ported to the new version, all that jazz,) but still.

Hope this rolls well, I'm putting my vote for somewhere with a cave.

Moon Label

• Bay Watcher
  • Cannot write post: creature occupying site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 01:06:44 pm »

I'd be intersted, especially if it's going to be an above-ground fortress!  Above-ground forts are challenging an interesting.

Note on the poll: I voted for a lake embark, but have reconsidered and prefer to reclaim a lost city.  It fits well with the undead theme.
Quote from: Toady One on May 10, 2007, 10:59:00 pm
I've moved out of the office and turned in my keys.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 04:42:54 pm »

I would just like to say that a necromancy themed human thing can be done much more readily via Masterwork's Warlocks (which by the looks of things are magically inclined technically undead humans, with the whole skeletons, ghouls, and all that happy crap.) Course it's understandable why you wouldn't want to (themantic reasons, effort already done, not ported to the new version, all that jazz,) but still.

Hope this rolls well, I'm putting my vote for somewhere with a cave.

Masterwork isn't to my tastes for a couple of reasons, mostly thematic ones.

Though I do intend to rummage through the RAWs for Masterwork at some point, Meph is a much better modder than me and I think I could learn a few things by cannibalizing some of the more inventive things.

I'll be starting the game tomorrow night to leave some more time for embark votes. 2 votes isn't exactly a sweeping victory after all.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 09:46:25 am »

I am kind of ok with embarking wherever, I was thinking being undead people perhaps for added challenge we could have a no burial/memorials allowed rule (because then we can get a ton of ghosts O0 ). I am also still interested in play based on what I know of whats been changed etc.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 06:30:11 pm »

I am kind of ok with embarking wherever, I was thinking being undead people perhaps for added challenge we could have a no burial/memorials allowed rule (because then we can get a ton of ghosts O0 ). I am also still interested in play based on what I know of whats been changed etc.

Nothing has been changed, the mod is additive rather than altering stuff that exists. It's basically a new race (the playable one), some new items they can make, a bunch of syndromes they can get and a latin language file I stole from an older copy of Deon's Genesis mod and partially updated to the new expanded vocabulary.

Most of the differences in play will be thematic rather than mechanical.

Anyway, with caves and coasts tied at 2 votes each I'm casting mine for coastline so we're going to be living on the beach. I'll try to find a nice grim place and age the world a good 500 years or so.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 08:17:01 pm »

Cool, I've never done one of these before, should be fun :).

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Succession Fort
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 04:32:04 pm »

Ok, we have a world genned, there's a civ I want to play as that is fully isolated from the rest of the world except goblins by evil lands.

The Union of Executing.

It's a single city civ crammed into a tiny space. Lot's of room for different narratives considering it's a forgotten city in the middle of an evil mountain regions.

I'd like to get dorfing/personification requests for the embark party, jobs/names/genders and so on. I'll be incorporating them into the story piece I'll be adding to the OP.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 04:35:05 pm »

I'll take a turn, just for something different. Splint want stab things as always.

Linthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 04:57:32 pm »

That's an interesting setup. Makes me wonder how our various transformations abilities are seen, by the ordinary members of our civilization. I could see them being viewed as a necessary evil to survive, or possibly being more enthusiastically embraced.  Put me in as Talakin, a sort of scientific type, with whatever professions would make me well suited towards making these transforming drinks who sees them as the future of our civilization. As for gender, male if possible, but I don't really care if that doesn't end up happening because of whatever the gender split of our embark ends up being.

Moon Label

• Bay Watcher
  • Cannot write post: creature occupying site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 06:46:11 pm »

Alright, the train is leaving the station!

Grim Portent, I request "dorfing", preferably as some type of crafter.  I don't mind if it's male or female, and please use my name.  With any luck, my "dorf" will be alive eight years into the embark.  Thanks!
Quote from: Toady One on May 10, 2007, 10:59:00 pm
I've moved out of the office and turned in my keys.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4