Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Bloodied: Marked (Sandbox SG)  (Read 2784 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Bloodied: Marked (Sandbox SG)
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »

I feel ill, my head is ringing, my palms are sweaty. If the bank weren't on the way home, I wouldn't have even bothered. The line is longer than I'd like. The wide expansive lobby was mostly silent, save for the people actually getting helped, and the faint chit-chat of the people in the far back near the office cubicles. Everything was awash with my migraine, and I felt it getting worse. Security called out, but I wasn't paying attention. The deafening shot from behind changed that, as I span, seeing the guard flop down with a spray of blood, scattering his partially drawn pistol slide across the floor. The man yelled something, but the ringing in my ears blocked it all out. The butt of a shotgun told me everything I needed to know as to what he said.

My head stopped ringing for a moment as I felt a sharp pain from where his shotgun tapped my temple. It was like the blow to my head stopped my migraine, making me feel right again. As I laid on the floor, weakly feeling the man tie my hands together, I asked myself the stupidest existential question I could possibly have asked, who am I?

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:16:56 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The Bloodied: Marked (SG)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 12:37:01 am »

Name:Harold Carpenter

Bio:A Middle-Class salaryman with a fondness for civil war reenactments and the collection of antique weapons. For a long time he's felt passion bubble up inside of him, but there's never been an outlet for him to *do* anything worthy of that passion. He's never experienced real pain or loss, and his entire life he's felt painfully average, all the while he's wanted something to really care about, but never found it.

Power: Momentum Control, objects not in motion can be put into motion. Objects already in motion can be veered, slowed down, or sped up. Can be used on self to make punches hit harder, or for limited flight.

Minor Power: Environment awareness, more or less a passive 360 degree sight.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bloodied: Marked (Sandbox SG)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:08 am »

Name: Mathias Aberdam
Bio: A man who has already thirty-two years in this world and still isn't sure what he's after. He's single even though he's had several flings and short relationships which usually ended with his belief he's dull and bland further strengthened. He works as a paper-pusher in a large business building even though his dream was being a painter and musician. His parents and friends convinced him he should "mature" and get a job to pay for his living. Pretty much your average joe who once had dreams except for the nice curly black hair that gives him some visual differentiation from even more average joes.
Power: Reality Tracker. You can see all possibilities of movements and actions, cause and consequence, and, if so desired, pursue one of the paths to provoke a desired effect.
Minor Power: Mirror Reflex. When activated, you can hear steps and it feels like vaguely you have an extremely light siamese twin glued to your back. It provides awareness like you had extra pairs of eyes and ears behind your head, on top of being rather easy to "switch places" with the simulated existence and turn around like you didn't even need to do it physically.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 02:56:03 am »

Name: Mathias Aberdam
Bio: A man who has already thirty-two years in this world and still isn't sure what he's after. He's single even though he's had several flings and short relationships which usually ended with his belief he's dull and bland further strengthened. He works as a paper-pusher in a large business building even though his dream was being a painter and musician. His parents and friends convinced him he should "mature" and get a job to pay for his living. Pretty much your average joe who once had dreams except for the nice curly black hair that gives him some visual differentiation from even more average joes.
Power: Reality Tracker. You can see all possibilities of movements and actions, cause and consequence, and, if so desired, pursue one of the paths to provoke a desired effect.
Minor Power: Mirror Reflex. When activated, you can hear steps and it feels like vaguely you have an extremely light siamese twin glued to your back. It provides awareness like you had extra pairs of eyes and ears behind your head, on top of being rather easy to "switch places" with the simulated existence and turn around like you didn't even need to do it physically.
I like this one~ +1.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:54:17 am »

The air in the bank was heavy with a thick coat of fear blanketing the main lobby, but my head was now clear. My hands were behind my back and the plastic twist tie was digging into my wrists, and my shoulder was being bumped by the man beside me in the exact same situation. His face was plastered with fear as his eyes darted around the room. I tried my best to ignore the man I couldn't see shuffling behind the bank's hardwood counter, the first couple shots from a rifle to break the locks on the clerks cash drawers made everyone jump, putting the one in front of all of us even more on edge. The black butt of the shotgun before us swung back and forth as the gunner swore, counting to himself under his breath. The man behind the counter seemed to be handling the pressure well, even as he called out, "Front's no good. These are bolted in, and I think it locked itself down." Police cars rolled up silently with their light flashing through the large glass windows, shining a faint red and blue onto the waxed floors of the lobby. "Fuck. Police are here. Terry, stall them. I'll help Os in the back. We need to get something, or we're screwed anyways." The man in front of you simply nodded as the footfalls of the man behind the counter drew more and more distant.

Terry walked up and down the row, scanning each of us with the barrel of the shotgun as he passed. He stopped in front of me with a good few feet between us, and squared the barrel with my head, no finger on the trigger. "Oi, curly, stand the fuck up." His accent was hard to place, but it wasn't local. I didn't like this at all, it was like a bad bank heist movie where everything goes to shit. I started breaking into a cold sweat as I eased myself up. I wanted out of this, and soon. Police were lined behind their cars outside the windows as even more cars showed up. The armed gunman swayed his gun towards the counter, "Move be'hind the counter, and don't try anything. All it takes is a single pull of a trigger." My mind was racing as the horrid ringing came back. I heard every click of his shotgun moving as everything seemed to slow and after-images bled out from Terry's arms as I glanced back. I answered myself and the words seemed to echo in my head, 'I am Mathias Aberdam, and I've got nothing to lose.' I felt brave and took a rushed step towards him, his trigger finger slipped into the guard to fire. My second step pressed into his foot as I gave him a heavy hip check, his hand clenched, firing the shotgun once towards the windows, shattering the glass in a brilliant flurry of noise. With my foot on his he had no where to go but down, and with a swift kick to the head he was out like a light.

A voice from the back sent a chill down my spine, "'Ey Terry, what's the big idea?! I said stall 'em!" I could hear his footsteps getting louder, but he wasn't in sight. I could taste the iron of my own blood as a droplet from my nose slid down across my lips. The police were just outside the door and down the flight of stone steps, the hostages were staring silently in disbelief, and things seemed like they were about to get worse.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 12:50:22 pm »

((The nice thing about precog is we are effectively invincible when it's active unless they can catch us in a No Win Scenario, and with precog active, that is very difficult to do.))

Locate a way to undo our bindings.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »

If given infinite chances to repeat the same thing within a limited timeframe in the same scenario, would you succeed in freeing yourself from the twist tie?

Yes, you would.

More than that, you know exactly how many ways there are to do it - either through simply slipping your hands off by twisting in a certain way or getting them cut in a sharp edge nearby without cutting yourself. You know how to free your hands and take the shotgun as fast as possible; you know just when the man will appear and how many fractions of seconds it'll take for him to register what has happened. Even though you never fired a gun, you know how to handle and aim it just right so the robber's taken out of commission without being killed by the shot and before firing his own gun - it's just a matter of doing it.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:28:07 pm »

Fire in a way that one of the pellets grazes the robber's head in a way to hit their temple and glance off, knocking them out without killing them.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 11:14:28 pm »

Find the path that leads to us successfully being able to kick the gun on the floor into the other robber's path so that they trip, and fall face first onto the floor. Worry about the twist ties later.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 11:23:32 am »

((The nice thing about precog is we are effectively invincible when it's active unless they can catch us in a No Win Scenario, and with precog active, that is very difficult to do.))
((Invincible is true enough, but keep in mind that trying to do something that needs technical knowledge, no matter how many attempts, will usually fail. More of a future warning for things like lockpicking, or computer hacking if it comes up. Twist ties I'll definitely allow though. :P))

I saw the black matte finished shotgun on the floor next to the man I just knocked out, my mind rushing as I tried to think of a way out of this twist tie that was digging into my wrists. What just happened? Why did I see the guy's arms in so many places? I didn't have much time with the other robber coming down the hall. My hand gave a loud click as my thumb dislocated, letting the tie slip over my wrist as I fought back a yell. My heart was beating like mad, so the adrenaline took care of most of it. With my hands free I scrambled roughly to the shotgun, fumbling with it as my thumb joint screamed in pain. I gripped the shotgun how I thought it should be held, and aimed at the opening of the hallway. The barrel of an assault rifle peeked the corner first, followed by the robber. A flurry of ghost pellets and after-images of recoil filled my mind within mere moments of the man pulling the corner. I took a shot, the pellets tore at his face, spattering the man's blood against the wall as he fell over limp. Blood pooled from his head as I took a step towards the robber. His breathing was faint, and the bloody pellets imbedded shining dully in his wounds were horrible to look at. One of the hostages let out a scream, making a break for the door with their hands still tied. A few others that could manage to get up followed.

I just shot a man, and the police are outside. Would they see it as self-defense? My nosebleed was picking up the pace as I went through my options. There was likely still one back there if he hasn't started running by now, but it seemed like I was in the same boat. My day was pretty shit already, and I didn't want to be pinned for murder if this guy happens to bleed out. The other hostages in the lobby were staring at you as they struggled to get up, most of them were afraid, others unsure. The police were slowly approaching with riot shields, temporarily slowed by the hostages rushing out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 11:47:18 am »

Bloody dispersion.
Murder.
I'm not charged.
It was self-defense.
I was provoked.

Drop the shotgun and raise your hands in the air...

Wait untie the hostages.
. . .
Try to untie the hostages.

Wait the other robber.

-while keeping an eye on the other non-bloodied robber. The one that my conscience is more OK with seeing.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 01:46:34 pm »

Help free the others, we didn't do anything wrong after all.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 10:28:44 am »

Help free the hostages. If your back is turned to the passage the last robber may come from, keep the new eyes and ears on your back open.
>Yes?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 11:14:27 am »

I... I shot someone, and the image just won't leave my mind. My stomach was turning, but I wasn't throwing up. I should have known what I was getting into when I picked up that shotgun, but I'm glad I didn't kill that guy. The gun felt heavy and unnecessary now, so I slowly put it down, looking around at the people either trying to get up or simply staring in a half-traumatized state. No... There wasn't anything wrong with what I did, it was self-defense. The man had a rifle at the ready as he was pulling the corner, it had to be done.

My footsteps echoed on the waxed floors of the lobby as I moved to the nearest hostage sitting down and started undoing his zip tie, using both hands to angle the locking mechanism enough to force it loose. It was pretty quick once I got the hang of it, but my mind was still racing. A few of them broken down as I was helping untie their hands, thanking me for doing what I did, for freeing them. Part of me didn't feel so bad anymore. Distant gunfire was sounding off at the far end of the building, growing quieter every second as the guns stopped firing one by one. The police enter the lobby in full riot gear, two of them edging towards me with police issued shotguns, likely loading with rubber pellets. I stopped helping a hostage and raised my hands in the air and lowering onto my knees. The police cuffed me, practically dragging me out of the building in silence.

They told me to wait on the bench with my hands once again bound, this time with handcuffs. There was a police officer dabbing the blood off of my face, checking my eyes, doing any of the basic intoxication tests he could with me not moving too far. After a solid twenty minutes a different police officer came up to me, "I heard about what happened in there. We aren't going to charge you for assault or association in a bank robbery. A lot of the hostages vouched for you. You protected them while risking your own life." He patted your shoulder with a smirk before pulling out the handcuff key and undoing the cuffs, "You could have died in there, but there are a lot of people that were glad you didn't. If you need someone to talk to about this, this is the number for a psychologist. We'll cover the first couple sessions, it's the least we can do." With that the man turned, heading back to get more statements from the last of the hostages.

Other than a bit of blood on my plain blue dress shirt I was no worse for wear despite all the things that could have happened in there. It was starting to get dark and I was in the heart of downtown Edmun. My apartment wasn't too far away and there were bars, clubs and restaurants downtown if I felt like getting something. My cheque wasn't cashed, but I had enough for now.

Spoiler: General note (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 06:58:35 pm »

The bleeding nose, how's it? Heading home and resting instead of risking more trouble is your best shot.
>Yes?
Pages: [1] 2