Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "The elections are being held today" crash  (Read 3034 times)

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The elections are being held today" crash
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:42:34 am »

Ugh, so I've been playing this game for a while with no issues.. All of a sudden the last election period I got a crash everytime I hit enter.. No biggie, I hit spacebar once and got through it. But then the next election period, the one I'm on now, I keep crashing AGAIN.. Only this time it doesn't seem to matter what button I press or what I do before then. Now I don't know what I need to do to do a bug crash report or whatever, but I can send my game save if need be or whatever is needed.. Not too sure what to do.

Anyway, thanks. I am actually doing really well for once and I don't want to lose the only save game where I've been EFFECTIVE at changing policy.

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
Re: "The elections are being held today" crash
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:50:32 pm »

Which version are you playing?

Having save.dat and gamelog.txt would be helpful
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:36:13 am »

Hm I can't seem to add attachments. And I'm using the version from the sticky.

Thanks for the reply, is there some way I can add an attachment or maybe I can e-mail it to you? There's a drop down "Attachments and other options" but it doesn't say anything about attachments there.

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:40:00 pm »

Don't email the files to me, I'm probably not going to be who fixes this

You could upload them somewhere else and post the links
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:27:35 pm »

The sticky version is 4.07.0. It has a lot of bugs. You'd be better off using 4.07.4 beta. Get it from this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125452.0.

We've gone thru a ton of revisions since version 4.07.0. It's way out of date, a ton of bugs have been fixed since then. 4.07.4 beta doesn't have all the bug fixes, but it's relatively stable... more stable than 4.07.0. You can also try an SVN version, and those tend to usually be more stable, although occasionally someone commits something a little bit buggy and then it has to be fixed a bit later, so if you're unlucky enough to download an SVN version that is in between a bug being introduced and it being fixed, well that sucks. Anyway I suggest the latest revision, revision 836: http://sourceforge.net/p/lcsgame/code/836/tree/. The README tells you what files you need... and get the crimesquad.exe from the Debug folder, the one in the Release folder in revision 836 has known issues. Revision 836 has MUSIC! And it works pretty well too.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:46:55 pm »

The sticky version is 4.07.0. It has a lot of bugs. You'd be better off using 4.07.4 beta. Get it from this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125452.0.

We've gone thru a ton of revisions since version 4.07.0. It's way out of date, a ton of bugs have been fixed since then. 4.07.4 beta doesn't have all the bug fixes, but it's relatively stable... more stable than 4.07.0. You can also try an SVN version, and those tend to usually be more stable, although occasionally someone commits something a little bit buggy and then it has to be fixed a bit later, so if you're unlucky enough to download an SVN version that is in between a bug being introduced and it being fixed, well that sucks. Anyway I suggest the latest revision, revision 836: http://sourceforge.net/p/lcsgame/code/836/tree/. The README tells you what files you need... and get the crimesquad.exe from the Debug folder, the one in the Release folder in revision 836 has known issues. Revision 836 has MUSIC! And it works pretty well too.

Oh shit, thanks dude! Awesome, I'll just use that then.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:50:07 pm by bluwolfie »