Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Darkest Hour: Kaiserreich - RUS IMPERIYA edition  (Read 6580 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Play Darkest Hour: Kaiserreich - RUS IMPERIYA edition
« on: December 04, 2014, 07:23:52 pm »

Россiйская Pеспублика

President of the Republic - Alexander Kerensky - 1936

Russia entered the Weltkrieg in aid of its ally Serbia and fought a war across three fronts while isolated from its allies. Russia did not want war but felt that the only alternative was German domination of Europe. Although the army was far from defeated in 1916, the already-existing public distrust of the regime was deepened by the rising costs of war, casualties, and tales of corruption and even treason, leading to the outbreak of the Russian Revolution of 1917. At the Congress of Omsk in April 1919, the White Generals agreed to form a united political front behind Alexander Kerensky and the remaining forces of the Provisional Government. The united White forces, joined by the kingdom of Finland, made considerable gains, but the Red Army was still too strong and well placed, dominating the Russian industrial heartland and transportation networks. But soon the German empire, fearing the success of a dangerous ideology, decided to intervene on behalf of the Whites in exchange for the recognition of the treaty of Brest-Litovsk.
By September 1921, both Moscow and St. Petersburg fell to the White forces and a new Russian Republic was established in Moscow on October 12, with Kerensky as its first President.

The newborn Russian Federation has been under constant threat, externally and from within, since its birth.
In 1924, the shadows of another civil war threatened the country when the Minister of Defense Alexandr Kolchak tried to overthrow the government and seize power. However, the coup failed and most of the traitors were killed or arrested, even if a few (Kolchak among them) managed to escape. Since then, the government has struggled to consolidate its rule and improve the economy, still reeling from the Civil War. For the past fifteen years, the leading political parties (namely the Social Revolutionaries and Kadets) have governed in an uneasy coalition under Kerensky, maintaining their power through electoral manipulation and a lack of serious political opposition. However, the worsening of the global economy has eroded the trust of the people and, in case of trouble, clandestine forces could attempt to remove Kerensky from power and seize control of Russia.

Spoiler: Europe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asia (click to show/hide)

------------------------

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted on these forums and although I still come back to lurk every now and then, I haven't posted much in over a year. Now that this semester's just about over I'll pretty much be in limbo until next february when I leave the country, so I'll need something to waste time on and what could be better than playing Darkest Hour (Hearts of Iron II) with you people?? I've done two other (unfinished/abandoned..) LPs of the game, and if you want to see those to get an idea of what this one will be like see here: (France) (KR Bulgaria). I kind of ran out of steam with those but I think Kaiserreich Russia would be a more engaging and fun country to play as considering how many events the game throws at you.

If you're unfamiliar with the Kaiserreich mod, basically the Germans and central powers (the Ottomans still exist for example) won ww1 and communists took over England and France.

This map shows all the countries (more or less accurately) in this alternate timeline.

If this attracts any interest I'll start playing over the weekend. I will take any and all suggestions and we will have votes on most major events (and possible events/decisions that I'll come up with at some point).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:33:45 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Darkest Hour: Kaiserreich - RUS IMPERIYA edition
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 03:41:22 pm »

Looking forward to this!  Whichever direction you take, Mother Russia will prevail!